tuscl

Is it ok to enjoy a few drinks when driving?

I saw someone posted a few days ago that they can't control themselves when drinking and some people replied that they don't drink at all when visiting the strip club. I like to have 1-3 drinks, preferably beer because its harder to get drunk off of, to loosen up and not be socially awkward. I can drive just fine after and I remember everything. Is it so bad to have a few when driving?

75 comments

• Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    People think its not bad as long as nothing happens. Maybe nothing ever will. But when we least expect it.... why risk it? There's uber busses trains etc
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    As much as my company loves me, I don’t see how I can perform with my drivers license on a restricted or suspended license. I don’t think rental cars have blow and go’s. Not worth losing my job over. A $40 Uber is a lot cheaper than a $2k+ DUI.

• Warrior15
    3 years ago
    I drink sodas and iced tea all the time when I'm driving. Alcohol ? No. I don't really drink much when I go to clubs. Maybe a beer. I have found that alcohol numbs the senses. I want all my senses to be on high alert when pretty girls are playing with me.
  • bigbooty_lover
    3 years ago
    So do you guys suggest completely sober strip clubbing for a change? Perhaps it will make my dick harder when it comes time for extras.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Drink as much as you want thwts up to you. But use alternative transportation
  • Sgtsnowman
    3 years ago
    I almost always keep my drinking low key if I even drink at all. On rare occasions I have drank beyond the limit I intended to keep. I always find an Uber or a cab (back in the day) because it ain't worth the risk. And if I ever became responsible for the death of another person I would feel horrible.

Staying sober at a club lets me personally enjoy things to the fullest, whereas the drunken buzz is just less real I guess. As to how many is too many that is an individual thing, body weight, how much you ate before, how quickly you drink the drinks, that all factors in.
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    One or two beers is fine. Certainly no more than 3. No way 3 or less domestic or light beers will put you anywhere near a .08 BAC unless you weigh about 80 pounds.
    Now 3 craft / IPA type beers could be a problem. They have a much higher alcohol content.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    If you think you might be a little too "buzzed" to drive, you are too drunk to drive.

If you think that next drink might put you over the edge, it'll put you way over it.

If you can't control yourself, swear it off entirely, and seek help.
    3 years ago
    Know your limit.
    3 years ago
    I like to get a light beer and nurse the heck out of it. Keeps the wait staff at bay. Always get a dark glass bottle so they can’t easily see how much is left. I often end up leaving much of it cause it gets warm or I get what I came for.
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    T̼h̼i̼s̼ ̼i̼m̼p̼o̼r̼t̼a̼n̼t̼ ̼p̼u̼b̼l̼i̼c̼ ̼s̼e̼r̼v̼i̼c̼e̼ ̼a̼n̼n̼o̼u̼n̼c̼e̼m̼e̼n̼t̼ ̼h̼a̼s̼ ̼b̼e̼e̼n̼ ̼b̼r̼o̼u̼g̼h̼t̼ ̼t̼o̼ ̼y̼o̼u̼ ̼b̼y̼:̼

Responsible and Experienced Tusclers Advocating for Reliable Driving Sobriety (RETARDS).

Everyone please thank the RETARDS for this valuable and timeless reminder of our responsibility to ourselves and to those who share our roadways. 😀
  • DoctorPhil.
    3 years ago
    thank u for the clarification mr dugan

i happen to agree with u on this one. a little alcohol in ur system really makes u pay attention to the road

if driving drunk was so bad then i am certain that the sheriff of cousinlover county where rick lives in north florida would have caught mr dugan by now. but we know rick is still posting here and i attribute that to the fact that the endless drinking losens mr dugan up so he can give the sheriff the slip

mr dugan i hope u dont mind that i have reaveled that u live in cousinlover county but since u have stated that u live in east bumfuck florida and most tuscl poster know that east bumfuck is the seat of cousinlover county i thought u would be ok with it
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    The OP poorly worded the title of this discussion - and he repeated the poor wording in his description.

Enjoying a few drinks when driving implies you are drinking when driving - not drinking and then driving.

Depending on the length of time spent in a club - and your body size - possibly two drinks should be fine. More than two can lead to buzzed driving - which is not ok.

If you are drinking when you are driving - that’s never acceptable. An open container is not a good thing.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    All hail RickDugan, the wife-cheating, children-deceiving, drunk-driving moral compass of TUSCL.
  • DoctorPhil.
    3 years ago
    mr tetra don u are being intolerant or the proud culture of cousinlover county

mr dugan comes from a long line of wife-cheating children-deceiving drunk-driving moralists because thats how they roll in north florida.

well at least thats how they roll in east bumfuck florida. i have heard that some other parts of florida are downright civilized
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    Q: If he divorced his wife, would they still be cousins?

A: Only if they weren't brother and sister.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ^ are we still talking about RickiBoi ?
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    Yes we are
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    LOL
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    C'mon now Tetanus, I was trying to be supportive. Seriously, I can't wait for the next PSA installment. Riveting stuff. After this maybe the RETARDS can tackle other important issues of the day, like the deviant and immoral sexual acts committed by some guys with dancers. 😉

You RETARDS are really performing a valuable public service. After all, where do you place a needle exchange, in a leafy suburb like mine nestled in the education epicenter of the state or in a slum in Miami? The slum of course! What better place than a strip club customer site to promote the virtues of sobriety, abstinence and other cleaning living? Cause after all, even if others misinterpret it as self congratulatory virtue signaling, you know the altruistic truth of your intentions and that's all that matters. Keep up the good work. 😀
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    My attitudes towards drinking and driving can be explained in just 4 letters M.Y.O.B. If you don't get caught, it didn't happen. Does smoking full spectrum extract, some oil and 5 bowls count? What if we added in a few beers? 9 beers?
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    Well ski some might consider that to be the extreme other end of the spectrum, lol. I'm not going to judge how another grown man enjoys himself, but I myself prefer the more middle ground. To each his own I suppose.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    Education epicenter of the state, is that where getting more ink than drool on the test page gets you a solid A-?

At least when your wife finds out what you're doing and leaves you, your church excommunicates you, and your kids move in with stepdad and call him "daddy," you'll have something to fall back on.

Just make it a one car OUI and don't make too much of a mess.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    If a drunk driver is on the road at the same I am, it IS my business.
  • Mate27
    3 years ago
    Legally, if you are 200 lbs or over, you can consume 4 alcoholic drinks and still be considered under the 0.08 BAC. If you have spent an hour
    or two at the club you should be able to metabolize one drink an hour.

I think it is safe to have at least 4 drinks during a club visit, maybe 5 unless you’re a lightweight and alcohol affects you differently than normal people. Personally, since the drinks are smaller and slightly iced/watered down, I am going to enjoy 4 drinks and feel relaxed. PSAs for retards around my area states “buzzed driving is drunk driving”, but if I get pulled over I will still be way below the 0.08 if I have 4-5 drinks. Since I don’t have a CDL to worry about, I am in the clear from a legal standpoint.
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    ^ Fear not mark, us "wife-cheating children-deceiving drunk-driving moralists" tend to be night creatures, while teetotaling self-congratulatory dayshift types usually need to depart the clubs in time to catch the early bird dinner specials at their favorite restaurants. So the odds are low that we'll all be sharing the same roads at the same time. 😉
  • Longball300
    3 years ago
    As a famous dude once said... "A man has got to know his limitations"
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    "So the odds are low that we'll all be sharing the same roads at the same time. 😉"

For that, you have my gratitude.
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    Are the people who preach against being able to have a beer or 2 and drive the same people who want you to wear a mask outside after you’re vaccinated?
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    I cannot even imagine what life would be like without a rack of cold ones for the car after a day of skiing.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Driving drunk down icy snowy roads... nice thing to promote
  • crosscheck
    3 years ago
    I have one beer when I hit the clubs, then switch to water. My best friend is a OUI/DUI attorney and I know how much his fees are. I've said to him many times that I'm happy to refer clients to him, but I don't to be one.

That's just me though. We're all grown men here, each can make his own decisions. I'm just risk averse. Plus I'd rather spend the money on pussy than on booze anyways.
  • georgmicrodong
    3 years ago
    No, it is not OK, and if you think it is, fuck you.

Yeah, I'm biased. So fucking what?
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    I don't think it's okay, but I have done it a lot, recently, and will again. And there ain't jack shit you can do about it.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    You're biased? Big fucking deal. I do what I want. If you have concerns stay home. I am not promoting anything at all. Still a pretty free country; make a personal choice, as I have, and live with the results. Having tried over 200 ouil (we are too cool to call it dui here) cases to a jury I have enough knowledge of the dangers. Even had a mother of the kid one of my client's ran over call me a child killer when she spit in my face after his not guilty verdict.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Why are you so defensive in stating you know its wrong but you'll keep doing it?
  • rockie
    3 years ago
    Tetra: You allegedly visit Desire RI. It's my experience at Desire that they push 4 drinks an hour! Usually I have my two high test and then nurse a coke or two (personal preference). One of the last times that I was there in 2020, Gerard came at me after my 3rd drink in 45 minutes. I had to ask Dorothy (bartender) to confirm that I'd already bought my 2 high test drinks and had met Gerard's two drink minimum in 30 minutes. I personally believe that his issue was that I wasn't pounding drinks and that I had turned down Bianca and Reign's individual overtures in a 10 minute window where I didn't have a 2nd coke (4th drink in an hour). I did tell him that I had turned both down both dancers nicely and I named the 5 dancers on that shift that I would do business with (if and when) they became available. I told him that as the owner of the club if he wanted to facilitate entertainment with any of the 5 named dancers - I was all in. I was comped a drink by Gerard later, as Dorothy (or another Dancer) must have told Gerard that I was an active participant when with a dancer.

Perhaps you could let Rick be Rick in FLA and start sermonizing and demonizing the locals drinking up on your next trip to Club Desire. I am sure that your efforts will be well received inside the Club and noted graciously by club ownership!
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Why are you such a bitch ^? I am not defensive at all. I have been pounding beers in the car since before I had my license. I can remember drunk driving stops back as far as 1977, but none since 2019. In fact my only speeding ticket ever, was really in lieu of blowing .4 on the b.a.t. and the cop gave me $125 ticket (inner room cabaret) instead of an arrest. I have committed crimes before and will again. I do what I please and if the results of my choices are bad, I will; live with the results. I am not taking an uber 50 miles each way and miss out on smoking weed, just because its against the law to have a few and drive. If you are impaired and seeing double; just put one hand over your weak eye lol. Cue the impotent outrage.
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    ===> "Are the people who preach against being able to have a beer or 2 and drive the same people who want you to wear a mask outside after you’re vaccinated?"

Assuredly. They are also the types who max out on their vehicle insurance and product protection plans, consistently wear their seatbelts when driving, allow insurance companies to track how fast they drive so they can receive "safe driver discounts" (which makes me as grateful as Tetanus that we are not sharing the same roads) and otherwise live very risk averse lives.

While I'll never understand how anyone can live that way, I certainly don't begrudge their personal choices. But sadly it's not enough for many of them to make their own choices. They also need the confirmation that others are doing the same so that they don't feel like weird anxious standouts. In essence they need to feel like they're part of the responsible herd.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Your freedom to swing your arm ends at my nose.

I have no concerns about your drinking. It’s none of my business.

However, when you are drunk driving on the same roads where I and my family drive, it’s damn sure my business.
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    Baloney mark. You doubtlessly support things like seatbelt laws, never-ending mask vigilance in outdoor spaces and a variety of other Nanny state nonsense. It's the same mentality that leads you to believe that someone cannot have a few drinks responsibly and then drive home - extremely high risk aversion. Stop trying to shroud it in a cloak of reasonable concern for your family's safety because it goes far beyond that.
  • RandomMember
    3 years ago
    A site like this attracts all flavors of mental illness and in Dugan we have a malignant narcissist. Arguing with a hard-core narcissist is a waste of time since winning the argument is the only thing that matters -- not the actual content. I feel sorry for his kids who will grow up with this mess of a human being.
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    ^ A site like this also invariably draws supposedly male sissies like Randumb, who lack the mental clarity and the emotional fortitude to piece together cogent responses. Instead they are left with banging on their high chairs, throwing out insults like butt hurt teenage girls and then running for their safe spaces. 😉
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ^ Funny thing RickiBoi you call everyone that doesn’t go along with your autistic behavior all kinds of names, according we are all a bunch of fearful sissies,yet, you out of all the regular posters here you’ve never met anyone I’m sure there’s a reason and I’ll bet it’s even worse than anyone has speculated
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    “Baloney mark. You doubtlessly support things like seatbelt laws, never-ending mask vigilance in outdoor spaces and a variety of other Nanny state nonsense. It's the same mentality that leads you to believe that someone cannot have a few drinks responsibly and then drive home - extremely high risk aversion.”

I believe none of this. So, you can’t argue against my statement, so you fantasize what else you imagine I believe and argue against those straw men.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    @rockie, I can see why they're pushing drinks there, because every time I visit is a cockfest. No one ever bothered me though.

As long as the drunk driving caucus here only wraps their own car around a tree, you do you. Just try not to linger in this world and run up medical bills.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    When I was in college, then law school, then a few weekends a year, I drove a truck and moved furniture. I still do occasionally with my friends. You look down into a lot of cars and see a lot of things. For all of you so up in arms about a few beers in the car I wonder why you never feel the same about those who apply make-up; text; stuff 800 fries in their mouths; scream into their phone; watch their video display; daydream; drive tired; sleep and on and on, oh yeah, you do them, so its ok.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    @skibum, I'll slam the horn on idiot teenagers I see texting while driving.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ^ most people both Democrats and Republicans age out of stupid behavior anyone who thinks it’s appropriate behavior and wastes everyone’s time defending stupidity, must be stupid beyond repair
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    .” For all of you so up in arms about a few beers in the car I wonder why you never feel the same about those who apply make-up; text; stuff 800 fries in their mouths; scream into their phone; watch their video display; daydream; drive tired; sleep and on and on, oh yeah, you do them, so its ok.”

Another straw man. All of this is inappropriate behavior. I don’t do it and it bothers me that others do. Especially texting.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    ^ I never said that a few drinks out at the club was a bad thing. Shit, how else do I list drink prices when I go out?
    I'm just saying once you think you're too drunk to drive, you're probably a couple drinks over the line. And if you can't control yourself (like another poster said), then don't drink at all.

Oh, and texting while driving should get 50 lashes from a Singapore cane.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    I get it. I would say my issue with alcohol is that there isn't enough on earth for me to drink where i will ever get to the point where I believe I cannot drive. Nothing bad can happen to me, so I have a lot of latitude in life.
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    Bigbooty_lover must be laughing his ass off. Peoples vitriol on this thread is hilarious. It's like most people log on just to antagonize others.
  • DoctorPhil.
    3 years ago
    ^
    skibum u should move to cousinlover county where u and rick can drive around carrying out florida tea party activities. rick has a super fast ford pinto with a confederate flag painted on top. i have it on good authority that he has been involved in many super fast car chases where he has lost sheriff roscoe

u will have a lot of fun together. your welcome
  • DoctorPhil.
    3 years ago
    wow. i just looked up the cousinlover county flag and it is a guy with a bottle of cheap bourbon getting into a car while fucking his cousin

so lets stop giving mr dugan shit for living his culture. u be u rick

on the other hand mr skibum has no excuse unless he moves
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Baiting ppl here is like deep sea fishing at seaworld.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Agreed LOL
  • Mate27
    3 years ago
    Squirrel!!
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    On the same day a distracted driving bill was introduced, state Sen. Andrew Brenner, R-Delaware ( Ohio) participated in a government video meeting while driving.
  • georgmicrodong
    3 years ago
    @skibum609: Poe's Law in action, eh?

:D
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    I have to admit, the RETARDS organization jab was pretty funny. 😂 yes the actual content of Ricky’s argument was flimsy, but well-played nonetheless.

Stripper discussion groups is full of advocacy against alcohol as well. There is a lot of individuals who are truthful of their responsibility, but I suspect some who are not either.

I personally won’t be able to forget the time I saw a man 70-100 ft away from me killed by a drunk driver, the body flying in the air, the SUV flipping and hearing the sound of metal screeching along the street for a long ways before the car stopped, and the news report after the fact that only the driver of the vehicle survived the incident. Two passengers died. Things tend to not be a big deal until they are.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Lmao george ^5
  • gSteph
    3 years ago
    One? Ok
    Two? Maybe
    A few? No, not really. Uber or something
  • DoctorPhil.
    3 years ago
    Okay, I’m going to break character on this and offer a limited defense of dugan with respect to random member’s comment. All I’m going to say is keep a guys kids out of things. Saying shit like “I feel sorry for his kids” etc is a bit over the line.

Now I don’t know if dugan actually has kids. In fact, persona could be total bs so he might not have kids anyway. But, if he does kids, it is probably best to assume he loves them and hides the more inappropriate and twisted aspects of his personality from those kids. Anyway, it is not like there is much any of us can do about it if he is unable to turn off his demented drunken pervert persona when it is family time.

I strongly suspect that - if dugan really does have kids - he is playing up the drunken demented pervert aspects of his life to amuse himself. Thus, I also suspect he limits his “drunk driving” to cases where he is actually comfortably below the legal limit. And, if not, I hope he gets caught and learns a lesson before killing anybody.

No that skibum fellow actually seems to be a demented twistoid. His story of driving after drinking nine beers (no doubt he means “I shotgunned nine cans of PBR” because he strikes me as a PBR guy) and smokes a few bowls of the wacky weed (or uses oil or whatever drug nonsense he claims to be into) may very well be true. Watch out for that guy.
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    Lmao@ law and order Icey now. The vets and LE heads that that coward wants on a pike are the same people that allows him to sleep like a baby at night. Now he gets on a high horse up in this bitch. What a pussy.

All that being said I can’t get with driving three sheets to the wind. Innocent people pay for it.
  • DoctorPhil.
    3 years ago
    Also, does skibum claim to live in a state where recreational marijuana is legal? And did he only start smoking the wacky weed after legalization?

It would sure be surprising to discover that guy professing his views - a lawyer to boot - would actually be a routine and casual “breaker of the laws”!
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    ===> "I have to admit, the RETARDS organization jab was pretty funny. 😂 yes the actual content of Ricky’s argument was flimsy, but well-played nonetheless."

Thanks Nice, but which arguments did you thin was flimsy, the notion that someone can have a few drinks and still drive responsibly or that people who feel otherwise are wound just a bit too tight? You aren't vying for membership in the RETARDS organization, are you? 😉
  • DoctorPhil.
    3 years ago
    ^
    Dugan, I suspect that nicespice feels that spending too much time parsing the arguments of a person playing a perverted and demented drunken twistoid on the interwebz is a fools game.

Especially given that there is always a chance that you are a drunken perverted twistoid. I know, I said that I think you’re playing up that demented character for shits and giggles but who knows?

I also think that you’re behind at least some of the rick animals - and if you are behind the rick animals all I can say is “bravo”
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Actually fellas skibum is not really serious I met him twonyears ago and he is actually a good guy here on this website he is just trolling because it's easy but if anyone is looking for a good wingman ski is a genuinely good soul to hang out with.
  • NinaBambina
    3 years ago
    Not ok. I got a little keychain breathalyzer from Best Buy (actually accurate) and was surprised at how I'd blow over the legal limit when I felt fine. I'm a 5'2" female so it doesn't much, but DUIs are sooo avoidable. Have a DD, take an uber, Lyft, or cab, etc etc etc. Just dont drive drunk (but if ya do, Call Saul)!
  • JimGassagain
    3 years ago
    ^^^ but if ya do, Call Saul!

Sometimes I just don’t get your humor.

Bacon!!
  • mike710
    3 years ago
    ^"Saul" is an attorney at law that runs tv commercials in some cities. I have seen one but don't remember where since I wake up in different cities and don't remember where I'm at sometimes (even without drinking before just a flurry of traveling).
  • NinaBambina
    3 years ago
    "Don't drink and drive, but if you do, call me" was said by a lawyer named Saul Goodman from the TV shows Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    Damit. Try 2 reply but 2 fugged up and dribin bak home from de club too. Ok later then. Bye. Bye. Ok good.
  • whodey
    3 years ago
    I don't think you need to completely eliminate alcohol before driving but you have to limit the amount and know your own limits. Good rule of thumb is if you are feeling any effects of the alcohol beyond simple relaxation either wait until you start to feel normal or find another way home.

If you want to know about an estimate of your blood alcohol level use a bac calculator like https://www.alcohol.org/bac-calculator/ to get a decent idea or order a breathalyzer online. Neither are 100% accurate but they give you a decent idea.

Personally I try to average about 1 bourbon per hour and drink water between each one. I also usually stop about 1 hour before I plan to leave. If I find myself drinking more than that I simply take an Uber and come back in the morning to get my car.

Not sure about other states but here in Ohio you can get an OVI (our term for DUI) even if you are below .08. If you are at .08 or higher it is an automatic OVI but if you have any alcohol (or drugs) in your system and the cop (and later the court) determines that it was influencing you it is enough for an OVI conviction.

The jury instruction states - “Under the influence means that the defendant consumed some (alcohol)(drug of abuse)(alcohol and a drug of abuse), whether mild or potent, in such a quantity, whether small or great, that it adversely affected and appreciably impaired the defendant’s actions, reactions, or mental processes under the circumstances then existing and deprived him of that clearness of intellect and control of himself which he would otherwise have possessed. The question is not how much (alcohol)(drug of abuse)(alcohol and a drug of abuse) would affect an ordinary person. The question is what effect did any (alcohol)(drug of abuse)(alcohol and a drug of abuse), consumed by the defendant, have on him at the time and place involved. If the consumption of (alcohol)(drug of abuse)(alcohol and a drug of abuse) so affected the nervous system, brain, or muscles of the defendant so as to impair, to an appreciable degree, his ability to operate the vehicle, then the defendant was under the influence."

With the way society as a whole has become more risk adverse I would rather take an Uber than risk a jury interpreting that instruction if I blow a .04.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion