tuscl

Info required for reviews, How much detail should be necessary and how often?

verizon
if I only had game
How much detail should be necessary and how often?

I feel most issues with reviews are, "Not Enough Club Details". How often do these details need to be written? Bar to the left, Pole in the center, 12 TVs, chairs around stage and booths on the walls. Does each reviewer need to list such information? Does the reviewer only list their experience and club details that have changed sine past reviews?

2-5 reviews that state the set prices beers are $7, dances at $25 and VIP is $200. I understand listing the cost if one does negotiates.

18 comments

• twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Write your review as if no one else had ever been there before you won’t get credit for someone else’s account you’re supposed to give your own account
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    Read review guidelines.
  • verizon
    3 years ago
    Your review should be at least 4 solid paragraphs, with 4-7 sentences each.
    PLACE: One paragraph should describe the PLACE. Mention cleanliness, thug factor, music level, dj annoyance factor, lighting, etc.
    PEOPLE: Another paragraph should describe the PEOPLE. How were the dancers. How many were there? What ethnicities did you see? Did they seem happy to see you?
    PRICE: A third paragraph should be about PRICE. Don't say drinks, dances, cover charge, etc. were cheap or expensive. Tell us the actual costs!
    At least one paragraph should summarize with three or four sentences describing why you would or would not return to the club.
    Content and length are the two most important factors to consider.
    Be wordy. Fill the review box. One or two sentence reviews aren't helpful to anyone.
    Give a LOT of details in your review (club layout, atmosphere, dance quality, etc.).
    Spelling, grammar, and punctuation count. Do not use ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! When composing a review, spell check it.
    Be honest. You can go into explicit detail of the private dances. Just be careful with names if you think it may get someone in trouble.
    Pro Tip 1: Think about what you would like to tell your good buddy about a place he's never been to.
    Pro Tip 2: Think about the business traveler that is sitting in his hotel room with only time enough to hit one club in this new town. Let him know why he should or should not visit.
    We have a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism. If we find out you submit a review as your own from another site, your account will be deleted.

• Tetradon
    3 years ago
    Read any of my reviews to see what I find adequate. Off the top of my head, other good reviewers include Papi_Chulo, sinclair, OldWhiteGuy, Muddy, WavvyCain.

A little about the layout, location, cleanliness, customer base.
    A bit more about the prices of cover, drink, lappers, VIP.
    A SHITLOAD about the dancers, whether quantity, looks, ethnicities, attitude, quality, services*.

General rule, if I were traveling on business and never been to this club in my life, would this review help me decide?**

* Connecting girls by name to extras (including euphemisms like roses and Billy Joel) is punishable by hanging.
    ** Desertscrub gets frisky at a certain time of the month and calls everything a club ad. Don't take it personal.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    It's bit of a moving target. Some (like Papi) write the sort of reviews you'd expect to find in "Travel & Leisure", but that's his very generous choice and not a realistic expectation. Tetradon's advice above is good. I would only add that you're review should provide something useful to both people who have never been tot he club as well as those who are regulars.

I will reiterate the belief that connecting dancers by name to specific acts/extras is not cool. And, at least for me, I'll reject any review that does that.
  • wiffle shwaffle
    3 years ago
    Do not name girls who service you.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    Also, Wiffle Waffle's new avatar is pretty great.
  • Huntsman
    3 years ago
    ^yep. Waffle’s last one of her fine ass was great too.
  • wiffle shwaffle
    3 years ago
    Thanks guys. This new avatar is inspired by a threat I received. So I removed all links and photos because most men can just fuck off.

Anyway, there should be a guide for review writing when you go to submit one. I haven't written a review is forever though.
  • Jascoi
    3 years ago
    I find that one of my problems is my own phone and fucking Siri. My HAL2000 old style computer won’t work with this system now and my laptop was stolen... so I’m using my phone for all of my Internet needs and fucking Siri fucks things up so many times with what I do. nonetheless... I need to read through the review requirements each time before I post and hope that the changes that I make will successfully create a good review
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    Wiffle - there is a posted review guideline to read before you submit but it is obvious that a lot of people don't take the time to read them.
  • docsavage
    3 years ago
    What the previous comments said is good advice on how to write a good review. However, I think standards should be lower for non-tourist cities. Tourist cities will probably have a lot of reviews. A city like the one I live in, Indianapolis, may have several months or even a year between one review for a club and the next. I think it would be better to have a mediocre review posted than no review at all so the bar shouldn't be set too high. If the review is too brief or too vague, though, it is a waste of the time of the people who are reading it so certain standards still need to be met.

As for prices, I'll usually include prices I know about. Many clubs have multiple room options, including very expensive ones I never buy so I won't extensively list all those. I do warn readers that many clubs in my city are strict about what is allowed and warn them they are gambling when they buy one and my personal opinion is it's not worth the risk involved of spending a lot of money and then not getting what you want or expect. I hate that feeling of having been cheated when I walk out of a club and have learned to be cautious. I don't get explicit about what the girls I run across do but I will provide the names of the best girls in the club as far as providing a good overall customer experience. That would include things like looks, personal hygiene, friendliness and an ability to carry on a brief conversation along with how good their lap dance skills are.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    "... This new avatar is inspired by a threat I received. So I removed all links and photos ..."

Yeah - I don't think it's a good idea for a dancer to post her face on TUSCL - it'll likely won't be an issue w/ 99% of PLs on TUSCL but there are likely a handful weirdo-lurkers if not outright dangerous-fucks out there that take advantage of TUSCL's anonymity - it's happened several times where dancers have had to remove their pics (particularly face-pics) b/c some douche-fuck was harassing them
  • wiffle shwaffle
    3 years ago
    ^ Those types of situations or naming ROBs are fine. But "Jill sucked my dick without a condom and swallowed it all for $150" isn't cool. Jill might work at a non-extras club and now others might go there looking for her and get her into trouble or bother her about what they read. And managers really do read this stuff. Or at least the ones I had at Bouzouki did (and they read it for that specific reason - to catch girls doing shit at a non-extras club). If anything, describe Jill's looks, maybe what she was wearing, and what she did in VIP without giving her name.
  • wiffle shwaffle
    3 years ago
    Not to hijack, but to better explain without creating a whole new thread... this person messaged me on the one platform I actually don't know how to use to which the messages completely disappear. He named this site and some nonconsensual sexual things he'd do to me if I didn't shut up. I'm assuming it was someone who wrote one of the messages I posted and they got butt hurt over it. My links were up because my PR suggested it as an idea to get more traffic. I think my new profile pic and bio describe my thoughts on that threat perfectly.

That's all. Back to the topic.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    “… How often do these details need to be written? Bar to the left, Pole in the center, 12 TVs …”

This is the constant lame excuse may use to write minimal reviews – I don’t recall a single-fucking-PL complaining the location of the bar was left out of a review or the location of the bathroom wasn’t mentioned – that’s a prick-argument.

As per the review-guidelines, details mean describing what the club is about for someone who's never been, not describing how many napkins are in the napkin-holder – it means describing the reasons why PLs go to strip clubs which is the women, the mileage available, and the costs to have fun in the club – those are the details people complain about being left out; not what shape the fucking bar is – part of the problem is @founder having put a description of the layout as a guideline when in reality this is just nice info to have but it’s not that necessary (again I don’t recall anyone complaining about not enough layout info).

As far as I’m concerned the basics of what a PL needs to know about a club is:

1) description of the dancer crew – for some PLs a club full of skinny chicks w/ no ass and fake tits is the best thing since sliced-bread; for others this club is a waste of time and why it’s important to describe the dancer-crew so a PL unfamiliar with the club or clubs in an area is better able to pick the right club for himself – too many reviewers only describe the one or two dancers they interacted with or that they liked and leave out a description of all the other dancers

2) mileage – this is important b/c that way a PL can know what he can get in a club and get a heads-up which is the purpose of reviews (to inform PLs instead of them having to figure it out on their own and possibly have a suboptimal experience or getting ROBed; e.g. being talked into a $500 VIP in a club where nothing more than dances take place; etc)

3) prices – dances could be $10 and a PL has no idea and he goes and pays $20 for dances b/c that is what he’s used to in the clubs he knows (or b/c a dancer lied to him and he thought that was the price and what he ended up paying all night) – again; this is what reviews are for; to inform PLs vs them not knowing ahead of time and possibly getting ROBed; or just for budgeting info; etc

For me those are the *basics* that describe a club for the reasons most PLs hit a club – doesn’t mean other info can’t be added; but the 3 above need to be in there (some info describing the dance area and VIP rooms (privacy; size; etc) is also helpful).

Now w.r.t. how often it needs to be “repeated” – the reality is that good/complete reviews are the exception not the norm – the more reviews with the “it’s been mentioned before in other reviews” M.O. the less and less reviews w/ basic club info – the old “read previous reviews for club details” means more and more reviewers following the same M.O. where it can get to maybe 1 in 10 reviews has the required info b/c most reviewers basically kick the (details) can down the road.

The reality is that there are new TUSCLers all the time, as well as infrequent TUSCLers, as well as people that are only familiar w/ their local clubs but don’t know info of other clubs – i.e. the “it’s been mentioned before” or “everyone know dances are $X” doesn’t fly – this is writing a review from your POV where you already know the club, vs writing it from the POV of the readers that don’t know the club and can benefit from the club details– since so many reviewers constantly leave out info, or like to use the “it’s been written before” M.O., then why it needs to harped upon when approving reviews if not instead of 50% of reviews missing basic club info it’ll be 90% which is not helpful – and it only takes 3 or 4 sentences to break down the basics of dancer-crew; mileage; and prices; instead of asking/expecting someone not familiar w/ the club to go fish it out of w/e review might possibly have it.

I assume part of the problem is some reviewers writing reviews on phones and thus they wanna make them as short as possible but IMO it’s more important to write a proper review than try and save on effort.

I also think @founder can make the review process more structured – e.g.:

1) maybe have a box to fill in w/ basic club info such as dancer description (not just a 1 – 10 rating); a box to put in dance-cost (including comments such as describing specials); and a box; etc

2) IMO it may be helpful for @founder to provide some sample reviews to follow from well-known review-writers (Sinclair; EastCoaster; twboyhouston, RickDugan; etc – TUSCLers that not only write good reviews but have been doing so consistently for a good while)
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    Oh jeez, this has been discussed so many times. Write a good review. Put some effort into it. Provide useful information about your visit. If it's good it will get approved. If not, go fuck yourself.
  • doctorevil
    3 years ago
    Founder's review guidelines are just that, guidelines, not requirements. The one thing I insist on for approving a review is price info. Cover charges, drink prices, dance prices, VIP prices, etc., change all the time, and may change with time of day or day of week, and dance/VIP prices are often negotiable and/or change from girl to girl. So, I consider at least some price info mandatory. Everything else, it just kind of depends. If the reviewer give a decent snapshot of his visit (but not just I had great time with Bambi, or I hated Bambi), I usually approve. However, even if everything else looks good, if a review identifies an extras girl by name, it's an automatic "no" vote for me.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion