tuscl

Ot: Snow Flashers

crazyjoe
Colorado
Tuesday, April 20, 2021 6:43 PM
What is your opinion of people driving in the city with their flashers going? Some people seem to think they need to have their flashers on to warn others there is snow on the road. I was driving home last night while it was snowing and traffic was going 20 mph on I 25. Two idiots had their flashers going. They were speeding up and slowing down constantly. I got around them and thought good riddance. Are snow flashers smart to be warning others or annoying idiots in your opinion?

28 comments

• gSteph
    3 years ago
    I think that a quick flash is more sexy, a slow flash seems kinda too forward (at least at first), whereas . . Wait a minute, what?
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    I've never heard of snow flashers despite 46 years of winter driving and 41 years of skiing.
  • crazyjoe
    3 years ago
    ^ We have a lot of transplants and tourists that come from areas where it doesn't snow
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    My opinion is to not live in a place where it snows. It looks pretty. I like to snow ski. I do not like to drive on the stuff. And part of that is because others do not know how.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    ^ Don’t you live in Nashville? I went there once and idk if it was an off day or something but people there were obsessed with slamming on their brakes...at random times and all the time. I kinda wonder whether mechanics there make a killing. And yeah, screw snow. It’s freaking April 😡 Will fer sure be more organized with out-of-town trips starting this fall. I wouldn’t have been driving on i25 at all.
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    I stay in Florida most of the winter. And you are correct. Those people are who I'm talking about.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    I have not experienced this before - and it snows often in the winter where I live. I guess if folks are driving on white powdery stuff - and they can’t understand why they are losing traction - maybe seeing flashers will let them know it’s snow! It seems very stupid. Before you leave the house - you should know if it’s snowing. I was hoping this was a discussion about hot girls from the warm areas flashing their tits when they come up north and see snow for the first time.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Warrior how can you manage skiing if you don't drive in it?? The worse the roads, the better the slopes.
  • ATACdawg
    3 years ago
    Don't their family jewels get cold while they're flashing in the snow??👩‍🎨🏂
  • wiffle shwaffle
    3 years ago
    I've seen drivers like that in northern Michigan. And frankly, big they're going to fuck with traffic following them like that, then they just need to get their little baby bitch asses off the roads. Snowy roads can be dangerous and these little whiney bitch drivers actually make it more dangerous of seasoned and experienced drivers.
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    I drive a lot for work and all sorts of roads. I see people using flashers for everything. Here’s the three times I use my flashers. 1. If I have to pull over on the side of the interstate - like flat tire. 2. If I’m blaring down the interstate going 80 and come to a complete or almost complete stop because something is going on in front of me (like a wreck that’s stopped traffic), putting on my flashers alerts the other people 200 yards or less behind me also going 80 to SLOW DOWN so they don’t rear end me and kill me. Once I have a few people behind me then I turn my flashers off. 3. Emergency. Unfortunately more than once I was rushing someone to the hospital or rushing to get to the hospital and I drove with my flashers at a high rate of speed. People usually get out of the way.
  • Huntsman
    3 years ago
    I agree with others that they are annoying idiots. I’ve not seen that here in the Land of Ten Thousand Snow Storms and hope it doesn’t become a thing here.
  • DoctorPhil.
    3 years ago
    mr crazy if the flashing drivers are hot girls u rly should ask them to flash u as usual my space geneiousness has found a solution to a problem. your welcome
  • goldmongerATL
    3 years ago
    We see it in Georgia when it rains, too. I take it to mean "I am so incompetent as to be dangerous". I will also see it going through downtown ATL on the Interstate. Someone will be driving 10 under in a middle lane with their flashers going. Invariably I look at their tag and they are from some rural county where they have never had to drive before with so many other vehicles on the same road. They are white-knuckled and scared shitless.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    I see it here in Miami on the freeways from time to time when we get a huge downpour and visibility is poor (including the back-splash from cars and trucks) - I find it helpful when visibility is poor and one can even barely see the markers on the road (the bright flashers help you better-see the car in front of you and easier to follow and stay in the lane) - but appparantly it's against the law to drive w/ flashers on; IDK if it's b/c they are only intended to signify an emergency, or maybe b/c other motorists can't tell when you are changing lanes.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    Don’t those flashing idiots risk blinding oncoming drivers? Since snow is white - a flash of bright lights can cause folks to be blinded temporarily - which is also a bad thing when driving!
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    Goofballs with flashers on don't bother me too much. If anything, it's a warning that they are paranoid dangerous drivers who shouldn't be on the road, so I know to watch out for sudden and unnecessary braking or lane changes. What really pisses me off though are people using their high beams and don't turn them off when other cars are around. Unless you live in a very rural area (I don't) there is no need for high beams. I honestly can't remember the last time I ever turned them on. Oh wait, I take that back... If the asshole is behind me and blinding me in the mirrors, I'll move over and slow down, wait for him to pass, then get behind him and blast him with the bright lights. Yeah, that's the only time I use them.
  • TheeOSU
    3 years ago
    "high beams. ... If the asshole is behind me and blinding me in the mirrors, I'll move over and slow down, wait for him to pass, then get behind him and blast him with the bright lights." This! I was going to mention high beam morons are more aggravating than anyone with flashers on. I do the exact same thing if one is driving behind me. Funny thing, the last time it happened I pulled over crossways in an intersection to let the driver pass. Lo and behold it was a cop who pulls even with me to ask what I was doing. I told him his bright lights were bothering me and I drove to the side to let him pass. He said his brights weren't on and I replied that it sure seemed like they were to me. He said thank you and I thanked him back before he drove on and I returned back into the lane behind him. Thankfully he wasn't an ass about it, he could have ticketed me for pulling into the intersection sideways and not signaling.
  • Jascoi
    3 years ago
    four way Flashers should be only used to warn of dangerous situations. and NOT for driving down the road.
  • 48-Cowboy
    3 years ago
    Horses don't have flashers so I don't have that problem usually
  • bkkruined
    3 years ago
    Hmm, learned to drive in Alaska... Don't think someone doing that would last long there. I find people with little experience driving in snow do all kinda silly things though.. Expecting to be able to see lines painted on the road, and treat them like more than suggestions... And thinking red light somehow magically stop cars coming from that direction, and there is no reason to look and see no one's coming when your light turns green....
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    I learned to drive as a youngster of 16 in NYC and I remember some very bad blizzard type snow storms where the conditions were so bad visibility was reduced to less than 20-30 feet in front of your vehicle, most people tried to avoid driving in such conditions, but unfortunately there were times when it was unavoidable. This one time I was coming home from Chicago where I got caught on the I80/I90 route one year the semis were putting on their flashers the only thing you could do was put your flashers on as well and follow their lights, there was no place safe to pull over and it was impossible to see the lanes the snow was blowing so hard, eventually the lights of a Phillips 66 Truck Stop became visible and I was able to pull in there and wait out the storm. if any of you had driven in those conditions you'd have been forced to put on your flashers or get crushed by those vehicles on the interstate.
  • CarlitosPeligro
    3 years ago
    Headlights/parking lights on if you’re moving. Flashers if you are pulled over on the shoulder. Sometimes in low visibility you follow the guys taillights in front of you to stay in your lane. If they are flashing that should mean they are stopped and you don’t want to be lined up behind them. Idiots
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    It might have been a turn signal that was on, not the hazards I really don't remember, but I do remember that it was whiteout conditions
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    Some people just don’t know how to drive in snow at all. Or rain for that matter.
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    I've only used mine once. After a DUI road block check, the cop told me to turn them on until I was past the check point.
  • MackTruck
    3 years ago
    I would dump a load all over da road in front of dem. Den it would be slick as shit! Shit!!!!🤣😂🤣😂
  • rl27
    3 years ago
    I have noticed a lot more drivers using emergency blinkers when they drive slow. It's annoying as hell.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion