tuscl

The propagandist’s purpose is to make one set of people forget that certain othe

CJKent_band
The truth hurts, but if you accept it, it will set you free
Title couldn’t say it all.

The propagandist’s purpose is to make one set of people forget that certain other sets of people are human

~ Aldous Leonard Huxley
~ Writer and philosopher
~ Born: July 26, 1894, Godalming, United Kingdom
~ Died: November 22, 1963, Los Angeles County, CA

8 comments

• eyeofodin
    4 years ago
    CJKent... you do know he was talking about people that believe the same things you espouse.

Before quoting him, you should read his works.
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    cj's oblivious of real life because he's distracted by his dick pic collection.
    Class A FUCKHEAD he is!
  • CJKent_band
    4 years ago
    @eyeofodin

“Huxley was a pacifist, at the end of his life.

He grew interested in philosophical mysticism and universalism, addressing these subjects with works such as The Perennial Philosophy (1945)—which illustrates commonalities between Western and Eastern mysticism—and The Doors of Perception (1954)—which interprets his own psychedelic experience with mescaline.

In his most famous novel Brave New World (1932) and his final novel Island (1962), he presented his vision of dystopia and utopia, respectively.”
  • CJKent_band
    4 years ago
    @eyeofodin

One more thing; I don't necessarily agree with everything I write or say.

Quotations are used by me as a means of inspiration and to invoke philosophical thoughts from the reader.

Pragmatically speaking, quotations can also be used as language games (in the Wittgensteinian sense of the term) to manipulate social order and the structure of society

“Like everything metaphysical the harmony between thought and reality is to be found in the grammar of the language.”

~ Ludwig Wittgenstein
    ~ Austrian-British philosopher
    ~ Born: April 26, 1889, Vienna, Austria
    ~ Died: April 29, 1951, Cambridge, United Kingdom

Ludwig said it all...
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Those who can....do: those who cannot .....teach. Title says it all .....................
  • CJKent_band
    4 years ago
    “Those that know, do. Those that understand, teach.”

~ Aristotle

:D
  • pistola
    4 years ago
    ‘Ours may become the first civilization destroyed, not by the power of our enemies, but by the ignorance of our teachers and the dangerous nonsense they are teaching our children. In an age of artificial intelligence, they are creating artificial stupidity.’ Thomas Sowell. CJ - stick to asking for dick pics - masquerading as a pseudo intellectual isn’t working for you.
  • Tetradon
    4 years ago
    "Quotations are used by me as a means of inspiration and to invoke philosophical thoughts from the reader."

They invoke the thought that you are a pseudo-intellectual twerp.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion