tuscl

MARCH MADNESS

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
Well it's the time again this year. With the exception of last year, I've been in Vegas or on-site for March Madness for the past decade. I'm taking off Thursday 18 and Friday 19, getting drunk, eating too much pizza, and losing money betting for 4 days straight with 2 of my friends in one of their basements (but it's a nice basement).

I figure it will be poetic justice that my alma mater will end up going to the Final Four this year and I can't be there live. Ugh, I guess there's more important things to worry about, like if Florida is going to cover this spread and is UNC/Duke going to stay under!

12 comments

• Warrior15
    4 years ago
    Fuck Covid. My team is going to be either a 2 or 3 seed this year. I would LOVE to go see them play a game or two in the dance. But I don't think that it's gonna be possible. At least they are going to play the tourney, unlike last year.
  • grand1511
    4 years ago
    FYI: They've altered the schedule this year. First round games are Fri/Sat. March 19/20. You wan't be seeing much basketball on the 18th unless you like the NIT. https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men…
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    I’m looking forward to watching the tournament. There’s no other time of the year quite like March Madness.

My school is struggling this year. They had a great squad last year, but they lost some talent. I am unsure if they will make the cut. So, rather than watch the NIT - I’m going to enjoy the big dance.
  • Heychicago
    4 years ago
    I’ll be in Vegas for the tourney this year for the first time. Any tips or suggestions?
  • PredragDr
    4 years ago
    If you are in IN, you can attend games in person
  • BumHip
    4 years ago
    Now that sports betting is available almost everywhere, I wonder what the appeal of overpaying for EVERYTHING, (especially strip club fun, rooms, and drinks) in Vegas is. Vegas is overflowing in normal times during The NCAA Tournament. Everyone likes what they like, and I'm not shitting on people who do like the big events, and crowds there. I just don't get it. Anyone have some views that can help me understand what i'm missing?
  • shailynn
    4 years ago
    SEEK - you have a very valid point. Last year for the first time ever I went week before (conference tourneys) because I went to see March madness live as one of the sites was near where I live.

It was WAY better. No reservations or table minimums required at the bars. Lot less crowded and you can go see live games there because at least 5 west coast conferences play their tournament there including the PAC.
  • Mate27
    4 years ago
    Good luck! I’m just gonna watch the highlights this year.
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    SEEK I’m not sure what the attraction is based on the legal gambling available currently. I’m not a gambler, so my view is from a fans perspective.

I love watching the games - and I love the early rounds when there are several games at once. There is nothing like seeing several games come down to the wire - all very close!

For regular guys - who are not mongers - vegas must seem great - as it offers “classy” strip clubs with lots of girls - gambling - nice pool parties - and it’s probably a great location for a guys weekend trip.
  • Studme53
    4 years ago
    I loved March Madness and college b-ball in general pre-pandemic. It’s hard for me to get into this year. The only college games I watched this year were my alma mater’s and they sucked in part because their season was disrupted by a Covid outbreak. And no fans at games definitely takes a lot of fun out of it.
    It’s kind of like my strip clubbing. I’m accustomed to living without. Hopefully my enthusiasm will bounce back when things open up100%.
  • shailynn
    4 years ago
    ^^^ I could see that... I have too lost interest in a lot of things because of COVID restrictions, but not basketball. I actually have more of an interest in it because since I’m always at home I actually bet on more games than I usually do. Hurts the wallet but I tell myself look at all the money. COVID has saved me not doing other things, I have to have at least one vice!
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    4 years ago
    I'm looking forward to it but it won't be the same. I'll probably lose interest fast
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion