tuscl

Toro recalls snow blowers due to possible amputation hazard

Thursday, February 18, 2021 4:29 PM
it is the Power Max model, it looks you would be caught in a wood chipper

19 comments

• bdirect
    3 years ago
    The auger can fail to disengage when the control lever is released, posing an amputation hazard..Recalled Model Year 2021 Toro Power Max 826 OHAE Snowthrower, Model 37802
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    We very rarely use snow blowers here in Florida for their intended purpose, my guess is if they are being sold around here that is a feature not a bug
  • bdirect
    3 years ago
    miami airport had recorded snow years ago, i am not a global warming person, maybe a new ice age is coming now
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Flurries bro, nothing that would stick to the ground, we have had snow flurries numerous times that's not really unusual, we also occasionally get hail, which is frozen rain, and that also isn't an unheard of phenomena.
  • bdirect
    3 years ago
    i just google it, i was right, Jan 18, 2018 — It was also known as the "Cold Wave of January 1977," and this event brought the first and only known trace of snow in the Miami-area. Flurries fell in Homestead and two inches of snow were calculated in Winter Haven.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Winter Haven is far north of Miami it's close to Orlando, but I didn't say you were wrong, but there hasn't ever been a significant snow event here in South Florida as long as I have lived here (since 1987)
  • bdirect
    3 years ago
    no problem, it is rare, that is why i remember it,
  • rick_the_cheesestick
    3 years ago
    What are you two morons talking about? There’s more snow in Miami than anywhere else in the United States, it just isn’t the snow that falls from the sky.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    I recommend avoiding putting your hand in the chute when the blower is running. Many models now come with a stick to dislodge slush and ice that can clog the chute. I had a smaller snow thrower - and I would reach in and dislodge ice and slush with my hand. The newer blower I have is no joke - so I avoid the reach in. A coworker from several years ago was missing two fingers. One afternoon we were talking about clearing snow, and he mentioned that he lost two fingers when he reached in to clear some slush from his blower. Evidently he had a stick on his blower and decided not to use it. He reached in - severed two fingers - and they were unable to reattach them successfully. It’s easy to get into trouble if you are in front of a running blower.
  • Longball300
    3 years ago
    Shovels are healthier.... great aerobic workout.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Anyone buying a snow blower needs to buy an Ariens and ignore every other one on the market. In 2015 I bought my second Ariens after getting 36 years out of the first one, which died when a chain fell off the wheel during a 35" snowfall, I couldn't find it and eventually ran it over where it got sucked into the auger. They come with a small shovel attached to the front to clear snow and due to size you'd have to be nba sized to reach the auger while it was running.
  • Hank Moody
    3 years ago
    6700 snowblowers are being recalled because Toro got 5 reports that the auger failed to disengage when the handle was released. There have been no reported injuries. BFD.
  • crosscheck
    3 years ago
    @ski - man just even the mention of that winter gives me the shakes.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    We have alittle micro climate where I live and we get a lot of snow
  • TheeOSU
    3 years ago
    "6700 snowblowers are being recalled because Toro got 5 reports that the auger failed to disengage when the handle was released. There have been no reported injuries. BFD." Come on now jimmy! You're swaying from the leftist agenda. It's just a matter of time before someone is maimed or killed. Don't you recall the "common sense" mantra of "if it only saves one person it's worth it"?
  • Hank Moody
    3 years ago
    Ha. I need a new party as y’all can see I don’t have much in common with the republicans anymore. I need a “do anything you want as long as you don’t harm me or my family” party. Basically what the Libertarians should be if they weren’t fucking whack jobs. I do like voting in the republican primary. I could even see myself voting Nikki Haley in 2024 though she does have some ideas I don’t like.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    I will support Nikki Haley and hope she runs.
  • bdirect
    3 years ago
    ski, you must be in ski country, but thanks for the tip on buy an Ariens not Toro
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    I'd like to see a video of some idiot sticking his hand in the auger of a running snow blower.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion