tuscl

Florida strip club fight - 1 dead.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
DeLand, Fla. — Detectives made an arrest in a deadly beating of a Deleon Springs man outside Dixie’s of DeLand Gentleman’s Club on Saturday.

Witness told detectives there was a fight inside the club that moved outside. Investigators said surveillance video showed Jesus Torres knocking Alejo Verdel’s friend to the ground and punching him several times. Later, they said Torres turned his attention to Alejo Verdel, punching him several times until he fell to the ground, motionless. Investigators said Torres continued to punch Verdel several more times.

The preliminary results of an autopsy indicated Alejo Verdel’s death was the result of blunt force trauma and his death was ruled as a homicide.

The Volusia County Sheriff’s office said Torres was arrested Wednesday in Flagler County for 2nd degree murder.

He is being held without bond.

8 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    As I've posted in the past, SCs are seedy places (from staff to dancers to custies) - seems as if this guy was in a violent rage - I wonder if he's just a violent lowlife or if the other dudes started it and the guy lost-it
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    An arrest has been made after a man was killed in a fight on Saturday at the Dixie’s Gentlemen’s Club near DeLand, according to the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office.

The sheriff’s office said Jesus Torres, 43, of Crescent City, is facing a second-degree murder charge.

Deputies said 44-year-old Vicente Alejo Verdel was pronounced dead at the club shortly after deputies arrived at the scene around 8 p.m. Saturday.

Picture of perp:

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/…
  • FishHawk
    4 years ago
    It’s an odd place for this kind of violence. I have been there and it seemed a sleepy laid back kind of club. It was 4 or 5 years ago.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    From the pic; the perp looked Mexican (he could also be Central American) – from my time living in Dallas, I found Mexican folks to be very-humble; but one thing I noticed is many of the Mexican men liked to drink big-time – could be that very-heavy-alcohol-consumption was involved in this incident
  • Sgtsnowman
    4 years ago
    There also some rivalries between immigrant populations coming in from Central America. There is low key stuff between Mexicans depending on which Mexican state they come from. It can be a lot more pronounced when you start mixing them from different nations. Pour a little alcohol on that rivalry and who knows....
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    Or sometimes a fight is just a fight. Sucks for the guy who died, but you never know what can happen. Even guys who know they're doing can slip and fall the wrong way and crack their head on something in close quarters.
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    I’m waiting for an unintelligible CJKent post from scripture - as the killer is named Jesus.

This is a horrible incident. Killing a man with your bare hands/fists is something we rarely encounter nowadays. It’s usually gun fire. It’s a different type of guy who beats another to death.

It’s the same sad result.
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion