tuscl

"The Pick Up Artist"

Sunday, September 16, 2007 8:31 AM
I know probably most of you don't watch this show that comes on VH-1. The reason I decided to make a post about the show is this monday they are suppose to be going to a stripclub in hopes of "picking up a girl". The guys have tried their hand at the Nightclubs & even at a coffeshop now one of the next challenges is at a stripbar. Apparently one of the guys get's lucky at the bar from the previews they aired. Seems more like The guy called "Mystery" is teaching them how to be "players" than actually trying to turn their life around to find a girlfriend or to just be at ease around women in general. Nevertheless I will watch it or tape it to just see how the "loveable losers" fair in our favorite setting.

3 comments

• DougS
    17 years ago
    I tuned in to this show, specifically because it was going to a strip club. Unfortunately, I missed a good portion of it (and will be watching for re-runs of it, which I'm sure will be forthcoming). Anyhow, what I DID see, didn't show that the "pickup artists to-be" had any pickup skills. It appeared the goal was to get an exotic dancer to be with them OTC. Heck, a lot of US have had better experiences than THESE doofuses had OTC. It's obviously not THAT big of trick to get a dancer OTC. The one guy that "succeeded" was able to make out with the dancer in his limo. Big deal... If I had a limo sitting outside in the parking lot, I think MY success rate would be 100%. Even without the limo, my success rate is pretty high, though admittedly, most of the successes have taken some time to cultivate the "relationships". However, my last experience certainly tops the "winner" from the show... After a few hours in the club, getting the dancer to hookup after hours... receiving BBBJ w/CIM... Does that make me a pickup artist? Nope.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    I take it this is all being recorded by a camera (& mic) that's visible to all involved? Pardon me if this is painfully obvious to everyone, but what renders so-called reality television pointless IMO is the fact that reality doesn't involve a camera following you around, causing everyone to perform (and badly at that) like they never would otherwise. I wouldn't expect the results a "pickup artist" achieves with strippers to mean much under those conditions.
  • Jpac73
    17 years ago
    Chandler: The cameras are hidden from view in the walls, but I am pretty sure The management at the club had to know that they would be installing cameras for that night at the club. The guy that is suppose to be a "Master pickup aritst" watches what his students are doing from a Moniter in a truck outside the club. DougS: I agree with you, the guy had a advantage with having the Limo parked outside.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion