tuscl

OT: Enough with this guy Joe Buck

Monday, October 26, 2020 10:42 AM
This man has called every big game of the last 25 years. I don't even think he's that bad but could we mix it up a little bit? He's only 51 too we could have this guy for another 30 years or so. WS, Superbowls you name it could we give somebody else a shot. You got a ton of local announcers who are hot shit with their baseball knowledge let 'em loose.

11 comments

• founder
    4 years ago
    +1
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Where did he even come from?
  • founder
    4 years ago
    His dad was an announcer for the Cards.
  • rattdog
    4 years ago
    john sterling play by play radio guy for the yankees. i turn the audio off on tv and put on the radio.
  • xedin5436
    4 years ago
    Yeah, he's not *bad* but he's Fox's #1 guy for football and baseball so he's on all the time. I've liked when ESPN covered the baseball playoffs and you'd get some of the better-than-average local guys on the radio broadcast, like Jon Miller.
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    He’s gotten better. He used to be even worse. He called the Manning Tyree Helmet Catch in the giants pats super bowl like it was a 3 yard rush up the middle. He also used to get all sanctimonious about unwritten baseball rules and receivers acting out, but once the leagues relaxed, he toned it down.
  • magicrat
    4 years ago
    Anyone actually listens to him? His dad was awesome. I remember when his dad called games with Harry Carey in St. Louis. But then I'm older than dirt.
  • ATACdawg
    4 years ago
    Lol. My wife would be overjoyed if the earth opened up underneath him and swallowed him up. I guarantee that she would do a far better job of announcing baseball or football than he does. Finally, a topic on which pretty much all of tuscl agrees!😉
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    He’s become a true self important douche bag. Get him out of the booth - and put someone in who enjoys the game! He is far too entitled - and he doesn’t ever seem excited to be part of some great sporting events.
  • Huntsman
    4 years ago
    I wish he seemed to be enjoying the game he is actually calling, but he comes across as bored with it. He doesn’t take away from the game and I certainly don’t want the announcer to try to be the show. But we watch sports for their entertainment value and most of us would be real happy to receive a pay check to have a great seat to see a major event like the World Series or Super Bowl. That seems kind of lost on him.
  • shailynn
    4 years ago
    He was on Howard Stern once with his then fiancée. Don’t know if was an act or not but he was kinda admitting he used to be a douche and was surprised he made it this far without being replaced. Troy Aikman and him are really good at making me fall asleep during NFal games. They’re not bad, their just so boring. This is the one time I’d actually rather listen to Chris Collinsworth - which is saying something.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion