tuscl

Shiny New Toy Syndrome and Reviewing

I notice that I tend to kill my local clubs and when I'm on the road in new clubs I'm a bit a softer on them, I tend to give them benefit of the doubt. Then in hindsight I should've let loose on the shit hole. How about you guys, if your honest with yourselves.

3 comments

• gammanu95
    4 years ago
    I've been in some great clubs, and I've been to some of the worst. If you're killing your local clubs, maybe its because you know, or think you know, that they could be better. If you're more favorable of the clubs while traveling, maybe it's because they exceed your expectations based on your local clubs. When travelling, my expectations of a specific club are based on what Ivread in other reviews.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    This is the second time the new site posted a comment before I was done writing, when I tapped the text box to make an edit. Not cool.
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    I agree with gam. I don't give any club credit just because it's new. If it is good then I praise it and if it's bad then I trash it. If I'm trashing my local clubs then it is because they suck compared to man other clubs that I've experienced. For example, the last time I traveled to Dallas, I wrote a good review for one club and trashed another.

If anything, I think that crappy local clubs tend to get more benefit of the doubt, especially when locals do not have much of a national frame of reference. Gallagher 2000 in Queens NY is a great example. For a long time it was rated well because it is much better than the ghetto outer borough clubs or tourist trap Manhattan clubs, but when compared to many clubs in other areas it is still a very expensive and gimmicky club.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion