tuscl

Strip clubbing and the weather. Go or not?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
I am right now getting blasted by thunderstorms. Badly needed. Shadowcat is lying at my feet. totally zonked out. Most dogs would be panicked. Would you venture out to a strip club in this kind of weather? It wouldn't bother me but What about a snow storm in Chicago in January? You fuckers are crazy that go and check your top coats. I have noticed that there are more customers in the clubs during rainy days. They can't work outside, so whats to do?

15 comments

• ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    Weather pretty much is not a factor in my decision on clubbing.

My larger 'HEAD' tells me to stay at home inside where it is dry and safe.

My smaller 'HEAD' directs me to go out to a club and get some relief.

Besides, if the club is in the same vicinity of the storm, maybe they have no electricity! Now, wouldn't that be 'COZY'?

I have been in clubs where electricity has gone out for awhile. It was during the summer (HOT) and the customers & dancers (in dance attire) waiting outdoors. Other times, the dancers would sit with me inside the club, which usually turned out to be to my advantage and $$theirs$$!
    :-) :-) :-)
  • David9999
    17 years ago
    Definitely more customers when its raining, at least on weekday afternoons - golf crowd, outside workers etc. All (other) things equal, not a good time to go, because all of a sudden the ratio of patrons to dancers goes up, the club noise level goes up, and even your favorite dancer - may be a bit more unsettled when she sees (or thinks she sees) potential customers floating around. It could be a plus with a club that otherwise might be empty, and have a depressing look and feel to it, and the larger crowd can spice it up a bit
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    It can be a factor in keeping me at home. If I'm slightly up in the air about my plans and it's forecast to rain all day and night, I might consider staying home if I don't feel like going anywhere too much. I tend to not stay home just because it's raining though. Now an ice storm where it is very hazardous to go anywhere on the road, I'll stay home and not risk my car.

I remember I did go about 30 some miles north up the road one night to a local club. I didn't check the weather forecast. A combination of freezing rain, sleet and snow had fallen making the roads really bad. A few inches of sleet, freezing rain, and snow mix had fallen the few hours I was in the club. My home was 30 miles south. Apparently the snow line was only about 14 miles south. No snow or sleet south of that line. It was frozen solid on my car. I was thinking I was going to have to explain how my car got covered. Lucked out, it snowed where I was at during the night.

If I already decided I want to go out, it's going to have to be dire straits and an emergency to stop me. Hurricane force winds blowing at 80 mph, streets flooding, won't stop me. Snow blowing horizontal, just keep on going. I might stay home for a major snowstorm forecast since there aren't too many snowplows and they don't know how to clear roads very good here in the south.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    What frustates me the most is that everything closes down in the south when any significant amount of snow or ice falls. I remember driving 100 miles through a snowstorm for a college change day schedule. Snow was several inches deep on the road and a few inches deeper in the passing lane. I swear the snow was getting sucked up under my car and getting thrown at least 50 feet high. I couldn't see anything behind me. I drove all that way and then they canceled the change day. I've seen whole towns close down everything with only a few inches of snow on the road. You need to call ahead to see if a strip club will be open on such days in the south and then many dancers may not show up for work.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    I know of some people I'm not joking either, if they see a single snowflake or two, they leave work and go home. They had a little spin on the snow/ice several years ago and are afraid to drive.
  • ozymandias
    17 years ago
    I never plan ahead to go to a club.

Usually I just have some time to kill, or maybe I'm headed home and traffic is bad (which is "always" in ATL), and I'll just pop into a club and see what's up.

So yeah, I might go if it's stormy just to be out of traffic.

O.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    The only weather that affects my plans would be a heavy snowstorm. Which reminds me of a funny story - many years ago I had a business trip to Chicago in the middle of winter. We landed in a raging snow storm, one of the last flights to land before the airport closed. I made it to my hotel, which turned out to be 1/2 block from the Playboy Club. The city was shut down for 2 days and all my meetings were cancelled. I spent the time at the Playboy Club and had a great time, it was like a big continuous party because nobody could go anywhere. Two days later I was able to make it back to the airport, which had been closed the entire time and was crowded with people who had been there throughtout the storm. My flight left on time and was one of the first to leave after the airport reopened. Now that's my idea of a business trip.

I've been in a strip club when a storm came through and they lost power. Unfortunately the emergency lights were brighter than their normal lighting, which ruined all the fun.
  • DougS
    17 years ago
    The weather plays absolutely NO factor in my clubbing (especially not in my OTCing). I have to plot everything out, so I can never have a spontaneous visit. I gotta get out of work, arrange a hotel, coordinate parenting duties with the wife, formulate a plausible alibi and get approval from the wife, coordinate my schedule with my ATF (if I'm meeting up with her, which 99% of the time I am). So, there's no way that I'd let a little thing like weather influence me.

In fact, a few years ago (Nov 15, 2005), I had an OTC arranged with my prev-ATF. The weather was terrible when I left for what normally is about a 2.5 - 3.0 hour drive. It was raining so hard that you couldn't see more than 20 feet in front of the car. I thought it'd get better the closer that I got, but instead it remained about the same - if not worse. The big head was saying, "this is crazy, turn around", the little head said "shuddup and keep drivin'!"

About half-way between Kokomo and Indy (somewhere around Westville or is it Westfield?), it went from bad to worse. The wind was really picking up, it got much darker and the rain was horrendous. I literally could not see a thing. My wipers were doing nothing at all. I could see some taillights in front of me and some people were even stopping, but me, I wanted to see my girl... couldn't wait for my OTC plans to materialize.

Then, there were some monstrous winds... I like storms, and even enjoy "storm chasing", but I was getting a bit nervous. Something happened at this point... still not sure what it was, but I remember a massive gust of wind, a sense of tipping (I THINK my Explorer went up on two wheels), and the next thing I knew, I was sitting in the left lane and was getting wet - I HAD been driving in the right lane. The right front passenger window and the large right rear quarter windows had shattered in, glass, grass, mud and water were everywhere and the rain was blowing in. Both windshield wipers were going back and forth, but they were bent at 90 degree angles away from the windshield and doing nothing. I was in shock. I started driving towards Indy again... it was probably three minutes later when I came to my senses and realized there was no way that I could continue to Indy in this weather, with no windows.

I looked in the mirror and my face and hands were bloody. I even had glass in my ear!

I know there were tornadoes in the south Indy area, but I THINK I found one north of Indy that night. I have pics if anyone wants to see...

So, I will drive through ALMOST anything to get to the club (or hotel).
  • shadowcat
    17 years ago
    3 years ago, I was on one of my monthly 3day trips to my favorite club in Columbia SC. I have 3 sources of weather information to me. The Weather Channel, the National Weather Service and my company's own Met Dept. I am also certified by the FAA to make my own forecasts. I know weather! Anyhow during the night we got a light snow. What we in the industry call a trace. By 10:00 A.M. it was all melted off. Still cold. I went to breakfast and then to my favorite club. Damn it was cold in my short pants. It was noon and the club opens at 11:00 A.M. Only one dancer there and not another one showed up until 3:00 P.M. She was one of my favorites. She did 2 song sets on stage and then the stage was empty while she did private dances. Maybe a dozen customers. She was pissed at the club. She was the only dancer to show up and they still made her pay a tip out. So where were the other dancers? Ignorant women were still at home waiting for the blizzard to stop. Anybody else have the Weather Channel bookmarked?
  • minnow
    17 years ago
    If its good enough for conv. store run, its good enough for clubbing.

Doug- You sure got an awesome "BJ".
  • DandyDan
    17 years ago
    I don't generally worry about it, although with some of the thunderstorms and even a tornado I had around here lately, I wouldn't have gone in that. Snow also doesn't bother me, but one time, the state decided to change my plans for me by closing the interstate between here and the club. Floods are also an occasional problem, at least for my favorite club. I know they had a recent flood there and had to redo the floor and carpeting. I guess that's what happens when they don't have a levee next to a river, although the club itself isn't especially close to the river, or so I believe.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    There's nothing worse than being in a southern city with an inch or two of snow on the ground. I was in Washington, DC, once when it snowed about 2 inches and the whole city shut down. I hailed a cab and the Arab driving it got stuck in the hotel's driveway. I finally got out and hailed another one, and didn't stop laughing the whole way to my destination. I won't drive in the South when it snows, the other drivers are too dangerous. And I won't drive in an ice storm.

Which reminds me of another curious experience. I was driving through southern Virginia early one morning following a night of freezing rain, and the highway was littered with vehicles that had spun off the road out of control - there must have been dozens of them. And here's the funny part - virtually every one of them was a 4-wheel drive vehicle.
  • DougS
    17 years ago
    Minnow: That's an understatement. It resulted in the biggest wet spot I've ever had, too!
  • ShotDisc
    17 years ago
    Drove 25+ miles in a major snowstorm in upstate NY to get to a club. When I got there I was the only customer with two dancers. stayed an hour or so, then drove 25+ miles back to my hotel in even deeper snow. Also drove an hour each way in monsoon type rain to go from Orlando to clubs at Cape Canaveral.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    ShotDisc, if you aren't willing to drive through major snowstorms, stay out of upstate NY from Sept. to May. That's what I do.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion