tuscl

Miami illegal strip clubs gets busted.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Three people were arrested in Miami Gardens in connection with a warehouse that had been converted into a strip club, complete with stage, stripper pole and a bar and another three arrests were made after an illegal nightclub opened and advertised as a ‘backpack giveaway, according to police.

The first round of arrests took place Friday night, August 21 at a warehouse located at 99 NW 166 Street in Miami Gardens.

ADVERTISING

According to the police arrest affidavit, Gerald Silvene, 40, advertised a party called “Blow Money Fast Friday” on his Instagram account.

Police began watching the business and witnessed party equipment such as DJ equipment, balloons and alcohol, being unloaded into the warehouse.

After 10:00 p.m. police entered and “the defendants, patrons and nude dancers were observed consuming alcoholic beverages and sitting at tables consistent with the advertised gathering,” according to the police report.

Bernie Jadotte, 43, stated he was the equipment manager and owner of the equipment.

Police also found nine to ten women in a room undressing who spontaneously uttered “We were only here to dance for the party and haven’t gotten paid yet’.”

Silvene, Jadotte and a third man, Christopher Bentley, 31, were all charged with curfew violations for violating County Emergency Order 27-20 and health and safety violations.

12 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Fake news - people in Miami wouldn't do that

• whodey
    4 years ago
    How dumb do you have to be to post about your illegal activities on social media ahead of time?

Maybe we can do with a little budget cutting for law enforcement since the criminals are getting dumber and easier to catch.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    These illegal parties probably have been going all along - back in June I used Lyft - my Lyft driver was a young AA-guy and I don't recall why but the convo got around to nightclubs, etc, being closed b/c of Covid and me saying how it must suck for young-people - he nonchalantly told me something along the lines of "nah - there are underground parties going on"
  • chessmaster
    4 years ago
    It doesnt matter about the legality or even morality of whatever it was. More concerning is Leo wasting resources keeping tabs on illegal strip clubs right now. When it comes to people thinking they're invincible, who cares. Just worry about you and yours.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    ^ it's not that simple - the understanding is that those mass, particularly indoor, gatherings, then leads to larger spread - i.e. it's not about those people at the illegal club getting it, but those people then passing it on to people that chose to not be at that illegal club and creating a spread chain-reaction
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    Actually, this is why I have been a big proponent of opening things up. The spread was happening anyway. All we did with Shelter in Place was to bankrupt the businesses that followed the rules. How many bars and restaurants are not going to be able to reopen now ? 50 million people still got Covid.
  • jackslash
    4 years ago
    "haven’t gotten paid yet’.”--The strippers' main concern.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    ^ they must've been Republicans always thinking about free-market-economics
  • pistola
    4 years ago
    How were the chicken wings? Lol
  • Nidan111
    4 years ago
    THIS is EXACTLY why I personally support DEFUNDING the police. Fucking jackbooted assholes who are AFRAID (as in they are pussies) to combat REAL CRIME that gets REAL PEOPLE killed. LEO ARE PRICKS.
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    One of the BYOB clubs that was still operating in San Antonio quietly shut down after an ICE raid I was told by a dancer. Dancers and customers got pinched from what I heard. Business at that club was booming so it was odd that it closed, and even stranger that no one is really talking or posting stuff online about it.

My reaction to the news was shouldn't they be focused on things that are important? One of their officers probably had a beef with the place.
  • herbtcat
    4 years ago
    Underground clubs have been around far longer than the pandemic, and not just in Miami. I can remember being at a Scores in NY around 2001 and getting a "special" invite from one of the bouncers to an after-hours location. My buddy and I hoped into a stretch Hummer along with 12-ish others and we were dropped off at a rundown warehouse around 3 am. The party there was just getting started as off duty dancers, bartenders and PL's were still arriving. $50 to the bartender got you what ever you wanted to drink for 60 minutes. And there were several temp rooms set up where you could meet a dancer of your choice for whatever you negotiated. No house fees, no bouncers, and (as far as I could tell) no cameras. Each room had a fishbowl full of condoms and a few boxes of tissues next to it. My assumption is the location changed often and you had to know someone to find it and get in.

Fun times.

So not surprising to see this continue under COVID.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion