tuscl

Enjoy life. Work smart.

Nidan111
Somewhere in MO.
Wednesday, August 12, 2020 11:03 PM
Put in 10 hrs work over a 3 hour period of time. That is the key to happiness. The method used is ... ignore all the daily fluff, focus on your task, get it done, then walk away until the following day. In my opinion, you are either good at what you do or you are not good at what you do. Your choice. Be good and go home to play or suck at what you do and work your ass off.

10 comments

• SanchoRG
    4 years ago
    Agree. My method is Python though. Turned one retiree's job from 40 hours of fucking with excel to running a script Monday morning from 8:00-8:01
  • winex
    4 years ago
    Great work if you can find it SanchoRG. The Python part is easy. Finding someone willing to pay for a job that can be fully automated - not so much.
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    Nidan left out the part where your salaried job needs to be one where you can add enough efficiency to cut your time short.
  • RandomMember
    4 years ago
    Funny, since we're both working from home, I've been automating some of my wife's Excel spreadsheets. Started with C# which has Excel automation, but had to switch to VBA for other reasons. I hear Python also has Excel automation.
  • DenimChicken
    4 years ago
    This all just really varies and depends on the type of work you do. It also depends on the type of person you are. There's a reason some jobs can be easily automated and then some can't. The main message is true though - focus and get shit done.
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    Someone should make me in robot form. The robot can go banter with customers and I can go for a hike or something
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    I didn't read the OP as it being about scripting. w.r.t. the OP - with the amount of time and energy one expends on their job, doing something one is not good at makes it even more of an expenditure -doing something that either comes easy to you, or at least you can handle most days, def helps w.r.t. job and life satisfaction - there are people that go into careers that they are ill-suited for b/c of the $$$ or prestige and are often unhappy.
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    “What I'm getting at is that it's hard to automatize human interaction.” Well...fuck
  • Nidan111
    4 years ago
    👆 i think they call that using a fleshlight with D batteries!
  • winex
    4 years ago
    @NiceSpice - just because it is hard doesn't mean that it is impossible. [view link]
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion