tuscl

Space X

twentyfive
Living well and enjoying my retirement
Space X's Dragon capsule just splashed down in the Gulf of Mexico off of Pensacola Florida amazing it's been 45 years since we've had a splashdown just fantastic Go NASA Go Space X
https://www.cnn.com/business/live-news/n…

16 comments

• gSteph
    4 years ago
    Happy returns.
  • jackslash
    4 years ago
    Go NASA! And we launched a rocket to Mars the other day.
  • Uprightcitizen
    4 years ago
    Elon Musk reminds me of a contemporary Howard Hughes . Both visionary, brilliant, eccentric, OCD, incredibly hard working. They both also put it all on the line with their own $. Truly great men who propel America forward as a leader in aviation and space travel.

...but I still won't buy Tesla stock at these insane prices.
  • ATACdawg
    4 years ago
    Watched the whole landing process from nose cone closing to getting the astronauts out.

Well done to all involved!
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    We've grown so used to movies like Star Trek and Star Wars. That the average person does not an appreciation for the unbelievable achievement its is to get to space and back.
  • whodey
    4 years ago
    Great to see a safe return but the new launch process with the Space X system was more impressive than the splashdown. With all of the technologic advancements it just seems a little odd to go back to splashdown landings after watching the shuttle land for decades. Maybe they can figure out a way to have the capsule land the same way the Falcon 9 rocket does.
  • ATACdawg
    4 years ago
    Actually, dry landings were Musk's first concept, using the Dragon's escape rockets. However, NASA's certification process was so steep that SpaceX elected to go for the water landing intead.
  • whodey
    4 years ago
    Makes sense ATACdawg, musk isn't afraid to take risks but NASA has to be a little safer.
  • doctorevil
    4 years ago
    Team America: Fuck Yeah!
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    Space (X) is fucking amazing.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    Musk develops solutions with far more innovation at one-third the cost of solutions developed by the NASA bureaucracy. Outsource the whole damned thing !
  • FishHawk
    4 years ago
    I was pretty stoked to see my town mentioned on the national news.
  • Subraman
    4 years ago
    Following juice's excellent investment strategy of randomly picking any stock that I happen to see an article about, I invested some money in SpaceX, not much just fun-money range, and this good news means someday SpaceX might keep me in lapdances for like a whole year. Or two weeks in Vegas.
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    How about the fleet of like 20 civilian boats that were surrounding the Dragon capsule and zooming through for TV exposure? Any one or several of those lookie-loos could have been a terrorist with weapons to sabotage the splash-down or injure the astronauts. Hey Elon Musk and NASA, basic security ain't rocket science.
  • Uprightcitizen
    4 years ago
    @ MisterOrange.

NASA/ SpaceX admitted the fucked up announcing the landing zone. It supposedly won't happen again.

I think they were just trying to get people excited about space travel again by letting people see it in person.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    Okay, boomer. You remind of this fat bastard I knew in Chicago, who wanted to be a pilot and an astronaut. He said he couldn't because he had back problems because of his weight. In reality, we all knew it was because he was a fat bastard with a room temperature IQ. Not much different from you. Was this one of the children that disowned your bitter old ass?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion