$600 Checks

Friday, July 17, 2020 8:56 PM
The last ones go out in 8 days. I would expect a lot more dancers returning to those clubs that are still open.

14 comments

I doubt the girls will rush back. Assuming they can pay August rent they won't feel broke until mid-month. Basically it's probably helping a handful of girls stay out of the club, not the majority. It may make girls at the club thirstier especially as the overall economy slows
JamesSD
4 years ago
$600 ain’t a lot shit. Whatever I’m getting ready to swoop in regardless.
Muddy
4 years ago
Im in northern CA so it doesn't matter when those checks run out. Ain't gonna be any clubs open for the girls to work in unfortunately. I don't think I'll be able to set foot in a club until next year.
TFP
4 years ago
Ain't no way that any kind of additional stimulus package will be done this year before the election. Neither side will agree to anything now. And I say Good. Maybe people will get a different attitude toward opening up the economy.
Warrior15
4 years ago
Government bankrupting future generations.
skibum609
4 years ago
"Ain't no way that any kind of additional stimulus package will be done this year before the election." __________________ Well, you got that right. Never mind the strippers -- mass suffering three months before the election isn't a very good campaign strategy for the GOP.
RandomMember
4 years ago
RandomMember, "...mass suffering three months before the election isn't a very good campaign strategy for the GOP." And it is for the DNC?? Where is the most "suffering"? demo cities. Smart folks are cutin' out of the cities. Suburban new home starts are up 17.3%. GOODBYE "CITY"!
Mr_O
4 years ago
If the checks are not extended, the masses will focus on 45 letting them down, not their congressperson. Even delaying it then later approving it does that. The Dems will make their constituency suffer if it gets 45 out of office. They will tie the need for more checks to the narrative that 45 mismanaged the shutdown/startup and that is why they are still out of work. I expect there will be a gap before checks start again.
goldmongerATL
4 years ago
It seems the federal government is working on additional stimulus checks and PPP funding. Some lawmakers have even suggested to forgive all PPP as grants instead of loans. All of this deficit spending would not be necessary if social distancing and masks were mandated, while closures and service reductions were optional.
gammanu95
4 years ago
The 600.00 might not be extended but I see something in the 300-400 range happening. It would be pure political suicide for the GOP to be overly stingy in an election year with over 20 million out of work through no fault of their own. I wouldn't be totally shocked if the 600.00 was extended until the end of the year.
beaverbandit
4 years ago
^ that's what I'm thinking - the GOP/Trump would not want to look as "being against the people"
Papi_Chulo
4 years ago
If the Republicans don't support it they can kias the elections good bye.
IceyLoco
4 years ago
Young people will have a very bleak, poverty stricken future. Give it all away. Build the debt to astronomical highs.
skibum609
4 years ago
Don’t forget the market with P/E ratios already pricing in growth for the next 10 years so young people get a nice Japan style flat market too.
SanchoRG
4 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion