tuscl

I cannot decide if this is comforting or disturbing:

gammanu95
My casual drinking is your alcohol poisoning.
Monday, July 13, 2020 8:32 AM
Statistically, you are more likely to contract & die from the coronavirus on a plane, than you are in a plane crash. [view link]

8 comments

• skibum609
    4 years ago
    Progressives will be all for it because its a "ban" and if they can't tax; they ban.
  • whodey
    4 years ago
    Disturbing ... definitely disturbing.
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    You are also more likely to die in an automobile accident on the way to buy a lottery ticket than your are of winning the lottery. Doesn't stop people though.
  • Meursault
    4 years ago
    The article states your odds of contracting the virus are 1 in 4,300 on the plane. Since the majority of COVID infections are asymptomatic or mild, you are not taking a significant risk at all. Your odds of dying from a fall or choking on food are much much greater. A better approach would be to start using a wheelchair and only eat food that has been pureed and consumed with a straw.
  • TheElmerFudd
    4 years ago
    The way stats are quoted in the article is meaningless. There’s basically no significant information in it.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Didn't read the article - but this is more to say that dying in a plane-crash is exceedingly rare given there are typically 100,000 flights per day under-normal-circumstances - you're probably more likely to die on the way to the airport and probably more likely to get physically attacked or get into an altercation w/ another passenger.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    ^ i.e. comparing anything to "dying in a plane-crash" is usually gonna lead to morphed conclusions
  • NAAAASTY
    4 years ago
    Think absolute vs relative risk.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion