tuscl

HGTV is the most watched Entertainment Network on Cable TV.

Monday, June 29, 2020 2:48 PM
So after news and sports networks (Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, ESPN etc.) HGTV is what most Americans prefer to watch. That is astonishing! I mean I myself pretty much stopped watching cable a decade ago. But I didn't know the entertainment networks are so far behind. Seriously, HGTV ratings beats the likes of of USANetworks, TBS and Discovery Channel. I guess people are fed up with all the reality tv shows after all. [view link]

18 comments

• Meursault
    4 years ago
    HGTV is mostly reality TV as well, just with a "home improvement" bent.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    HGTV is racist.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    If you want to avoid politics and CoVid, and most people do, about 90% of TV is not an option. HGTV is among the better options in the 10%.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Man - I have not watched ESPN nor listened to sports-radio, for more than 2-weeks b/c everything is "America needs to stop being so racist and killing black people" - and nothing else, zero context, no calling out the rioters, nor anarchists, if anything padding them on the back.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    Yeah, I’ve been an NFL fan all my life and I am dreading the changes now that Goodell announced that protest is good. I expect kneeling up the yin yang and lots of support for BLM in the broadcast booth.
  • DeclineToState
    4 years ago
    ->@Papi: "Man - I have not watched ESPN nor listened to sports-radio, for more than 2-weeks " Local sports radio is full yawn at the moment in my area too. But if you like NFL and any particular NFL team, check out the Locked On NFL daily podcasts and also the Locked On NFL podcasts for your preferred team. Lots of quality football content every day. I get em on Spotify but I'm guessing you can get em elsewhere too.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    "... Yeah, I’ve been an NFL fan all my life ..." I am not sure if I"ll be able to stomach the future NFL and NBA, or any other sport, where it's all about black lives matter and player protests during the anthem or every time they score or w/e - not too mention the announcers probably practically being forced to talk about "how racist America is and how America needs to stop killing black people (I guess Chicago is not part of America b/c I don't see the uproar there w/ 100+ shootings per weekend and dozens of dead - one does not see black lives protests there)". A good # of people may be turned off - but honestly I don't think it'll have that much of an effect - pro sports basically have a monopoly and the libs will keep watching, as well as most young people, and likely even many conservatives since they are kinda a monopoly - so me not watching is not b/c I think it's gonna affect those sports' bottom-line, IMO not likely, I won't watch b/c I just can't stomach any more black lives matter shit; it's so fucking one-sided it's not even funny.
  • JamesSD
    4 years ago
    HGTV is by far the most popular channel for doctor's office waiting rooms
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    @DTS The reason I am not watching ESPN or listening to sports-radio it's not b/c of the lack of content, but b/c of the constant "America is a horrible racist country and they need to stop killing black people" - I can't take the constant one-sided drum-beat anymore about black people being *only* victims and everything that happens to black people is b/c of white people and apparently none of it is the actions many black people take themselves that often lead to the predicaments they are in.
  • yahtzee74
    4 years ago
    Don't attend or watch pro sports events and let the owners and broadcasters know why. Pro sports should be boycotted. Their ratings and attendance did take a hit the last time this happened and I think a lot of people are quietly going find other things to do.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    The NBA is planning to paint “Black Lives Matter” on all three basketball courts when the 2020 season resumes at Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Fla., on July 30, according to ESPN.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    ^ if that's the case - I'm out - all fucking lives matter - fucking glorifying a Marxist movement
  • nickifree
    4 years ago
    I've pretty much tuned out all TV, including news and sports. I now get my news from foreign news websites, and of course yours truly TUSCL message boards. I used to read Google News at least a half dozen times a day or so. I haven't done so in the last three weeks. I also used to read and watch MSNBC, followed by CNN. Now I find myself watching fox news now, and visiting their website. That's how low things have gotten now.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    ^ LOL - I posted a while back I hadn't watched Fox in years b/c I felt it had gotten too-cartoonish where Republicans/"Conservatives" were never called out no-matter how ridiculous they were acting (and I'm a lifelong Republican/Conservative even as a young guy) - but now, it seems Fox/conservative-media is the only place one can find calling-out this anarchy (not even the Republican politicians are doing shit) - as I posted previously, I even had to give up sports-radio and now I'm down to listening to some whackjob "conservatives can do no wrong" supa-conservative radio-stations/programs since those are the only ones calling-out the anarchist-mob - if this goes on there'll be no-choice but to go to the bottom-of-the-barrel and join a white-supremacy group, even if your black LOL
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    "... not even the Republican politicians are doing shit ..." Makes no sense what is going on - I wonder if everyone is just scared of the anarchists - of if Republicans are allowing it to happen and letting things get so bad so in November they can say "look at the chaos - you need to reelect Donald Trump and he'll put a stop to this" - in the immortal words of Vince Lombardi - "what the hell is going out there".
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    For those to the right of center, here’s a good news aggregator that you may not know about: [view link]
  • pistola
    4 years ago
    I miss Bill O Reilly, while he leaned right he would call anybody out on their BS. I was in the car the other day listening to Sirius comedy channels and Jim Jeffries had a clip where he said ‘You know America is fucked up when you have go to another country’s news source to get accurate news.’
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Fuck pro sports.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion