tuscl

Radio Silence

Book Guy
I write it like I mean it, but mostly they just want my money.
End of summer is upon us. If all goes well I'll be moving to NYC soon, and starting a stressful new job. If all goes poorly I won't be moving. Either way, I'll probably be out of internet contact for a long while, at least until October. Either way, you gents with the boners, point them the other way please, I'm not interested in THAT way.

:) Best wishes to all. Cya when I get back on line.

Bookie

11 comments

• jablake
    17 years ago

Hi Book Guy,

Good luck. :)
  • DougS
    17 years ago
    BookGuy: Good luck, and we'll chat when you return.
  • Crosscut
    17 years ago
    Book Guy:
    Sounds like we have a lot in common. Look forward to your return.
  • motorhead
    17 years ago
    Hi Book Guy:

I'm going to miss your posts. You are a gifted writer and I am a bit envious of your vocabulary. The 9th grade drop-outs over at SCL could take a lesson or two from you. The best of luck at your new job -- I don't even know you, but I truly mean it. You seem like a cool dude. Maybe someday you will let us know what your job is.....I've never quite been able to figure out what you DO (other than go to strip clubs....LOL).
  • shadowcat
    17 years ago
    NYC! That is stressful enough without a new job. But I did think that they had internet service there. I know that for a long time you have wanted to get into a job with a future. I hope you have found one. Too bad NYC strip clubs suck. That white stuff is called snow. Sorry.
  • snowtime
    17 years ago
    Book Guy: I haven't posted much on this board but like everyone else I always enjoyed your insightful comments and will certainly miss them. I wish you the best in NYC and look forward to your return as an active participant on TUSCL.
  • AbbieNormal
    17 years ago
    BG, Best of luck to you. Hope this is the opportunity you've been looking for. I love NYC, but then I only visited, I never tried to live there. Can't wait to hear all about your adventures.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    Good luck, Book Guy. I hope you find what you're looking for.
  • happylap
    17 years ago
    Wow, it's hard to believe someone could be out of internet contact for that long, what with all the free wireless access out there. (I know a person probably wouldn't want to log on to tuscl from a public library computer but "have laptop, will travel?".... whatever. I'm sure there's a good explanation.

I too have enjoyed your posts and I find your writing entertaining. I'll miss you and wish you the best. Looking forward to your return.

hl
  • ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    Bookie, good luck. Don't forget the internet cafes and libraries have computers and internet access. Hope you do good in NYC.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    Gook Buy: I don't think you'll be able to resist coming back for longer than about three weeks. See you sometime in August.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion