tuscl

Shift Changes suck

luckyone
Florida
Thursday, July 19, 2007 9:55 AM
Anyone else think so? You are enjoying a late afternoon at your favorite club and suddenly all the day girls leave and only a couple of the night girls have shown up yet. Rarely find it worthwhile to hang around the hour or two that it takes for a decent number of dancers to show up. Pretty much all the rest of the customers leave too. Seems like it would be worthwhile to have a few girls work a mid-shift but most clubs don't seem to do this. Any thoughts?

12 comments

• jablake
    17 years ago
    Yes, this really seem like a management problem that could be solved fairly easily. Since the girls have to pay to work give the day shift or mid shift girls an extra hour before they half to check out. It seems like it takes these new girls forever to get ready anyway so as they're finally finished preparing and ready to start working the other girls will be leaving.
  • ozymandias
    17 years ago
    Any business is this way. Ever show up at your favorite diner when they just opened the doors? Nothing's working right yet, staff still haven't arrived. Pointless. O.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    I agree it can suck, unless I'm conducting research. It can be handy for that purpose to catch a bit of both shifts and see a lot of girls the club has to offer in one visit. The time of the shift change and how that affects the ratio of hot dancers to customers is one of the most helpful things to know about a club. Some clubs, especially those with a ton of dancers, do a good job of staggering shifts so that you can hardly tell when the change is supposed to occur. My favorite time to visit most clubs is early on the night shift, when most of the best girls are there but before it gets packed.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    I remember reading about one guy enjoying shift change time. He said there were twice as many dancers there as normal. He must have been in a club that required the dancers to come in early at a set time. At the Platinum Plus clubs the dancers can come and go at any time I believe. Therefore no big shift change. It does suck if the club opens late and you're there waiting for some stage dancing to start and most dancers aren't working yet. It has happened to me. I showed up at a club at 9:30 PM on a Saturday night thinking the club would be busy with dancing etc. It was not. Dancing on the main stage started at 10.
  • DandyDan
    17 years ago
    I don't see how it can possibly suck unless the night girls are worse than the day ones. Although I can't really say because most of the clubs I go to are either one shift or its come-and-go as you please.
  • evilcyn
    17 years ago
    We have a mid shift at ou club so a few are there and yes I hate when night girls are late.. I work doubles, I ususally dance day shift, and bartend night shift, and we do lose customers because we don't have enough girls right after shift change..Then by 10 though we have dancer overload
  • DougS
    17 years ago
    There's nothing worse than arriving at a club in the late afternoon, selecting the perfect girl to play with, only to have her shift end, or to have her "dancing card" get filled until end of shift. The last time that happened, was at BBF, and I'd found a new girl that I hadn't seen before. I'd tipped her stage-side, and had some great chemistry going. Then, when I asked her to join me in the VIP when she got off stage, she tells me that she's booked for the rest of the afternoon. She also seemed disappointed and apologetic, and asked me to come back again soon, but I never did see her again. Later, I found she'd left to have a baby. Within the last 6 months, I hear she is back, but with my ATF situtation, it will never work out.
  • Pete22z
    17 years ago
    A couple of girls had their claws in me in the VIP once. Remember that scene in Bram Stokers Dracula where Keanu was just immersed in hot ass vampires and he couldn't get away? Well, luckily the shift change started and my ladies had to take off. I think I sat there for a while for Lil Jr to cool down! At least my wallet was grateful.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    End of shift is the perfect time to invite a girl to have dinner with you. That's exactly how my ATF and I started getting together OTC - I was arriving just as she was getting ready to leave so instead of getting together in the club we went to a nearby restaurant.
  • shadowcat
    17 years ago
    At my favorite club the are two cutoff times. 5:00 PM. and 9:00 P.M.. those dancers not checking out before 5:00 pay a higher tip out and those not checking out before 9:00 pay an ever higher tip out. Some dancers take this real serious and are gone before the dues goes up. Others will stay later if they are making good money. I have only had one occasion where a dancer stopped in the middle of a session to beat the clock. I hate it when 5:00 comes around because 75% of my favorites have left and the other 25% are gone by 9:00.
  • ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    Shift changes can go either way. If you have "fugly" dancers and shift change occurs, you might be in luck to find the "lovlies" coming in. On the other hand, you can lose out if you 'click with a chick' and she has to leave. As far as "evilcyn" - When I'm there and she has to change to her bartending outfit.... I'm out of luck for the evening, because I don't like taking another dancer back to the champaigne room since 'evilcyn' is my ATF! Makes me feel like I'm cheating on her. I can wait for my next visit to her club.
  • rockie
    17 years ago
    At my local club, 45 minutes before and after shift change can be prime time for a customer. Usually at 6:30 the clubs quiet and the customer can get a favs last chance dance, or be the new shift dancers first dance of the evening. It's a greatopportunity to catch up with some dancers who've gone to the night shift for this typically dayshift customer.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion