tuscl

OT: Hitting the gym post-Covid

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Saturday, June 13, 2020 7:04 PM
Of the folks that have hit the gym post Covid - how was it? a) about the same # of people as before? b) slightly less people? c) way less people? Also - do you wear a mask by any chance and if so did you get a particular mask for working out? I think gyms opened in my area this week that just passed - originally I wasn't planning on going but shit I didn't do that much pre-Covid and not I'm doing even less and it wearing on me - hitting the gym would be a distraction not to mention getting some needed exercise, and not to mention I'm an LA Fitness member and there are some hot Cubanas that dress to kill in the Miami-area LA Fitness I hit.

20 comments

• NAAAASTY
    4 years ago
    Back at MMA gym. Class size limited, reservations required to guarantee spot. Rn only pad/heavy bag. Masks provided, requirement is instructor dependent. I mask regardless, many don't. NAAAASTY
  • richdee23
    4 years ago
    I’ve Been to LA fitness pst covid and it was much slower. They did require masks going in and walking to each machine. Other than that not bad and a nice distraction.
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    Since I spend time in Tennessee and in Florida, I am a member of two different gyms. The one in Tennessee is full each time I go now. Average age of the participant is probably about 40 at this gym. The one I go to in Florida is a much different story. I"m almost by myself when I go to the one in FL. Average age at this gym is more like 65.
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    Masks are not required at either. But I do get tired of the wiping down of the machines at both places. This has changed my workouts.
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    I can’t for mine to come back more so than strip clubs right now
  • Huntsman
    4 years ago
    My gym is open and I’ve been in. Very few people showing up so far but Minnesota gyms have only been re-opened for a few days here and the It’s historically slow for gyms in the summer anyway.
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    My gym is back to being very busy, but it's one of those places chock full of serious weightlifters and other hardcore types. Average age is well under 50 and it's 70% men. I have only seen a few people out of hundreds over a few visits wearing masks - the staff isn't even doing it. With that said, I wouldn't be surprised if things look a little different at the local YMCA or Planet Fitness, which cater more to older types and others looking for a more casual workout experience.
  • TheElmerFudd
    4 years ago
    My gym is open. 50% capacity. Masks and 6ft enforced. Sigh.
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    I’ll find out in a few days how it is in the metro LA area... here in the Mojave County Arizona area the gyms are back to normal for the most part. they have either moved gym equipment or roped off individual machines to maintain a social distancing . all they do is a temperature check and maybe a couple of questions about any covid19 contact.
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    Just to add, in my gym in NE FL, no masks, no temp checks, no machines roped off, nobody roving around the floor to enforce social distancing, etc. But we do have some pretty signs posted in a few places talking about maintaining 6 feet. ;)
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    I need a ‘picture’ of a pretty sign .
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    My gym isn't open so I have to just do heavy yard work and go strip clubbing for exercise.
  • Cowboy12
    4 years ago
    I've been to the gym 2x this past week. On Thursday, which used to be a busy day, it was about 50% capacity. Saturday afternoon there was even fewer people there. No masks required, every other treadmill blocked off, social distancing required, several hand sanitizing stations.
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    I was taking kickboxing lessons semi-regularly before the virus reached its peak levels. I finally returned to take a class this past Thursday and usually classes have up to 20 people in it. This time it was me and 4 other boxers. Hand sanitizer everywhere. High fives discouraged (it's very peppy and interactive as far as partner drills go), you can decline working out with a partner, they've marked where to stand for equipment usage to enforce social distancing, sanitation wipes are in close range to wipe gloves/mat/bag after usage, and they no longer loan out gloves. There are multiple locations in my town and apparently they're all doing COVID prep differently (most won't loan out gloves, one will, etc).
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    I’m just using my own pool and a few free weights that I have at home and walking in my community haven’t tried to use the Gym equipment in my clubhouse I think it’s still locked up.
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    I don’t think NJ gyms are open yet. I’m back to running and lifting weights at my desk.
  • Roadworrier
    4 years ago
    I work out at the Y, and you have to walk thru the temperature gauntlet before entering,, and wear a mask when not actually exercising. Alternate treadmills and ellipticals roped off (sometimes two machines in a row roped off between machines not roped off. No towels but plenty of wet-wipes and sanitizer everywhere. No free weights, just regular machines. Plenty of staff wiping things down if you don’t. Not crowded in the morning. Plus alternate parking spaces coned off.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    The lockdown was excellent for weight loss in our house.
  • Player11
    4 years ago
    No unless PT after surgery. Wear mask and gloves. Staff Sb in same plus scrub down equipment after each use. Covid is a killer and a maimer (ckd and liver failure). People ignoring danger of covid are fools. It has killed 115 k Americans. Will it kill 700k Americans like hiv. Yes it can if we can’t get it off the field.
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    I have never gone to a gym in my entire life. Why start now? I just visited my pulmonologist this morning for my check up for stage 3 COPD. My test were surprising a little better than my last ones and I weigh the same as before the virus hit.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion