tuscl

Will you be using valets and, especially, mandatory valets in the age of covid?

NeverEnuf
"That's why it's so great: People have to pay attention to you because you're naked," says dancer Breauna with a laugh.
Title says it all.

I do not intend to allow that extra exposure in my vehicle. Mandatory valets = just keep on driving.

25 comments

• Muddy
    4 years ago
    I'm the type of guy to park 10 blocks away and walk just avoid the $5 valet.
  • NeverEnuf
    4 years ago
    Me too, but some clubs you just can't do that.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Never used the valet in the past, don't have any intention of starting that now !
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    If it's a club that insists on valet service, they don't need my business. The only exception I've made in recent years was in Detroit a few years back because I wanted to see if the legends were true. They were, but I still wouldn't do it now.
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    I've always avoided clubs with valet service. I don't really care about a small fee, it's more because I don't like some stranger having access to my car. If it's in a shitty area though, I wouldn't mind if there was a legit guard watching over the parking lot. I'd gladly pay a couple bucks for that, but I never really see it anywhere.
  • TheElmerFudd
    4 years ago
    I don’t mind before. I don’t mind now.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    I do not like a stranger being in my car and driving my car - I also don't like being forced to pay for a service I don't want.

In SoFlo pretty much all clubs have parking and it's a rare exception that valet is a requirement - what is slightly more common is being charged to park where you still park your own car but even this is the exception.

Having said this if it's a club I really wanna visit then it's unlikely I would abort the visit bc of forced valet I don't like, but if I'm on the fence about visiting then I may not go bc of the forced valet.

If I feel my car would be in some danger (broken into, towed) then I will be more apt to do valet.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    AFAIK the latest info was that transmission from surface contact (valet touching my steering wheel, etc) is not a major concern - I see the risk of being inside the club for 2 or 3 hours with dozens of other people in constant proximity in an indoor space as exponentially higher - if anything I'd drive with my windows down and a mask on post a valet being inside my car (my assumption is that driving with the windows down would blow away anything inside the car but maybe that makes it worse?).
  • BabyDoc
    4 years ago
    Valets and DL scans have and always will be a big "FUCK NO" for me.
  • Subraman
    4 years ago
    I am with Fuds in the sense that I'm not sure my policy would be any different now than before. But my policy before was "avoid valets unless there's absolutely no other alternatives" -- where "other alternatives" could include ubering, or going to a different club that's just as good.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    I keep weed in my car and have used a valet once in the last 35 years.
  • theDirkDiggler
    4 years ago
    I think that most clubs that required valet parking before are probably going to just do away with it for now. It's just added risk for "staff" and customers. It's hard enough as it is for them to reopen. On top of that, if capacity is being limited to 25-50%, then there really should be no issue with finding parking spaces which is the excuse most clubs make about valet parking...
  • Uprightcitizen
    4 years ago
    Never had an issue with Valet and I have had valuables stashed in the car. I personally don't mind it especially in a scetchy area. If I was driving a hooptie I would probably find it annoying.
  • Uprightcitizen
    4 years ago
    I keep Clorox wipes in the car
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    I've never been comfortable with valet'ing my personal vehicle. I try to avoid it as much as reasonably possible. Rental vehicles, I could give a fuck about, but not my own.
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    Lol @Uprightcitizen - "hooptie" - haven't heard that term in a while. Haha.
  • rickthelion
    4 years ago
    I can’t get the coronavirus because I’m a frickin’ lion.

Ok... I know that asshole tiger in the Bronx Zoo got corona, but he was a tiger and we all know lions are cooler than tigers. Plus, I’m a rick so I have a Kung fu immune system that kicks corona ass. I just hand the keys to my Tesla over and say “scratch it and you get the wildebeest treatment. ROAR!!!”

Works every time!
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    Finishing up a 4 day Stay at a Ft Lauderdale Beach hotel. Valeted everyday. Didn't think twice about it. I was actually surprised by the nightlife that was on Las Olas Blvd. There were a handful of Restaurants that were turning into clubs later in the evening. Amazing eye candy. No Social Distancing at all.
  • Player11
    4 years ago
    Hell no
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    @Warrior there’s actually some good clubs on A1A heading north where you can meet real women pretty easily and if you have some bucks to spend its hard not to have some fun, but Las Olas itself is more for those young trust fund babies and dudes.
  • Liwet
    4 years ago
    I never use valet. They don't have any assets to pursue if they damage your car.
  • doctorevil
    4 years ago
    It doesn't matter if they have assets or not. Read the back of your valet ticket. They aren't paying for anything, no matter what happens to your car after you turn it over to them.
  • jackslash
    4 years ago
    I used to valet my car because most of the better Detroit clubs require it. But I switched to Uber about 5 years ago. Now do I want to take the risk for an Uber driver giving me covid-19?
  • TheElmerFudd
    4 years ago
    I assume most guys that post here are going to clubs to get lap dances and maybe more. In terms of covid exposure, it seems odd to be ok with the lap dances but worry about valet.

Whether you are cool with valeting in general even before covid seems a separate thing.
  • NeverEnuf
    4 years ago
    It's an extra exposure that I don't need. No ROI (return on investment). At least with a dancer I can decide if the return is worth the price. With mandatory valet I don't get to decide except by simply driving on. With dancers I can talk with her first to get a feel (no pun intended) if she is sketchy or not. With the valet you take what you get.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion