tuscl

Iowa update

aham5
I've got a bad feeling about this.
Friday, May 29, 2020 7:27 PM
I know there's a few of you PL s that make your way through Iowa from time to time. Here's what I found 5/29/20. This was the day after "bars" were allowed to open in the state ( at 50% capacity) the 2 largest Des Moines clubs had posted on their social media that they'd be open today. Not so fast...

Most clubs in Iowa are NOT bars. They are byob entertainment venues. Live entertainment venues are still not allowed to open. Apparently the local LE found out about the planned opening and tipped the owners that they were not allowed to open. Hence..

Lumberyard, Beach Girls, minx, (and I think big earl's) were all closed . I did find outer limits and dangerous curves in Ames open. These are both actual bars so they can open. Both seemed business as usual.

5 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Tough call - 2 clubs are allowed to open and it be business as usual b/c they serve alcohol and thus fall under bars - other clubs pretty-much running the same type of business but w/o alcohol are not allowed to open - seems one of those instances where the law is being blindly applied unfairly
  • whodey
    4 years ago
    This may be the first time that strip clubs with liquor licenses have fewer restrictions to have to worry about.
  • Bavarian
    4 years ago
    That makes zero sense.
    We are partying it up here in Texas.
  • DandyDan
    4 years ago
    That's typical Iowa weirdness for you.
  • sinclair
    4 years ago
    The two clubs in Sioux City should be open. They both have liquor licenses.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion