tuscl

Detroit opening?

aham5
I've got a bad feeling about this.
I'm trying to schedule a Detroit trip later this year.

How's the Michigan reopening timeline looking? I'm guessing there may be some new rules in effect when they open, but why start following rules now in Detroit?

14 comments

• Lone_Wolf
    4 years ago
    Folks may have to revolt to get that city open
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Detroit is one of the hardest-hit areas - one would think it wouldn't be one of the first areas to open - but no one knows how all this will play out in the next couple of months
  • shailynn
    4 years ago
    May 2021.

In the meantime you can stay at jackslashs house and he’ll take you to a Del Taco drive-thru.
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    get the habanero chicken (soft) taco at del taco.
    $1.
    (and DONT add hot sauce. )
  • SuperDude
    4 years ago
    Well at least they can get some SBA funds.
    http://www.detroitnews.com/story/busines…
  • mwtraveler
    4 years ago
    It will be a long time before I get up close and personal with a dancer in a Detroit area club. I am wondering how many clubs in the Detroit area will close permanently. Any thoughts?
  • bman66
    4 years ago
    Well, the clubs on 8 Mile were in bad shape before the virus hit so I could see some of those closing permanently. The ones is the suburbs I think will re-open and survive those dives like Henry's and Bogarts have been there for decades.
  • Longball300
    4 years ago
    I concur with bman that the Detroit city proper clubs will most likely be done for. The others should survive once businesses, air travel and tourism picks back up. Maybe we can hope for a revival of some of the ones that were languishing to perk up.
  • ATACdawg
    4 years ago
    Well, at least we know that none of this will affect Penthouse......🙄
  • mwtraveler
    4 years ago
    Longball300, the airlines and tourism may take a long time coming back. I think that could affect several of the clubs near the airport. Playhouse is probably done. The others probably had enough cash reserve to reopen, but if the customer count is way down some of the rest of them may have a short run. Flight club struggled before they sold to the current owner. Flight Club counts on high rollers and if they aren't coming to town because business flights are down and tourism drops they could have issues too. The Hamilton clubs are probably OK and maybe the Dearborn clubs will be OK. I have no feel for Subi's.
  • silkypants
    4 years ago
    Who is the current owner of the Flight Club and when did it change hands?
  • Longball300
    4 years ago
    I dunno; eventually there will be demand. Some of the higher rollers are guys that travel for business and DTW is a big airport. You think that if the Detroit city clubs are history there should be some shift of dancers and customers to the suburbs. Last I heard I thought the people that owned Subi's bought the Playhouse. There may also be some dancers that have moved on to other jobs BEFORE the lockdowns that now need to generate some fast cash..... we shall see.
  • TxVegas
    4 years ago
    I will be interested to see how places like Flight Club react to COVID. If they do open up, will it be back to the good old days or a sad imposter with social distancing and no contact.
  • bman66
    4 years ago
    These clubs have no regard for local laws, it is the Wild West in the suburbs of Detroit. I can see it being just like the old days ( a few months ago) once they re-open.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion