tuscl

Open Arizona Govenor Ducey!

Lone_Wolf
Arizona
Arizona hasn't been hit hard by the Covid. Weather is heating up.

Our Govenor Ducey has gone silent on plans to reopen.

Peasants are getting restless.

31 comments

• mark94
    4 years ago
    There are certain testing ratios needed to initiate the 2 week gateway to opening up. We haven’t hit it yet. So, at least 2 more weeks of gateway plus 2 weeks each for phases 1,2,3. Only then, do things go back to normal for bars. So, late June at very earliest for Arizona clubs. Assuming dancers are willing to come in. A lot of dancers on Stripperweb are planning on October.
  • Lone_Wolf
    4 years ago
    Cubans will struggle to last that long. Probably move on to an open state asap.
  • Lone_Wolf
    4 years ago
    @scrub - I'm hoping for surprise from Ducey tomorrow.

Given the numbers, I can't see how he keeps the restaurants closed for another month an a half.

My hopeful prediction - phase 3 before May 20th.
  • Lone_Wolf
    4 years ago
    @scrub - I have a feeling this "phase" bs will go by the wayside once the openings pick up steam. We shall see.
  • azdd
    4 years ago
    I will be shocked if Governor Ducey makes any significant changes before May 15th. Some employers may start to loosen up their definitions of essential workers, but I expect we will see social distancing as a recommended norm for a very long time to come. Not sure what this will mean for strip clubs. I could foresee opening clubs for stage entertainment, but not allowing lap dances.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    Ducey has made public comments that he won’t rush to reopen. He’ll let test results guide him. Right now, test results suggest we haven’t quite plateaued. Arizona saw its run up in cases middle of the pack relative to other states. We will reopen in the middle of the pack. Even then, there will be social distancing protocols that will delay strip clubs getting back to normal.
  • Lone_Wolf
    4 years ago
    I don't get the "test result" count strategy. AZ will be dramatically increasing testing so of course the count will skyrocket.

They should count hospitalization and death.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    They are counting deaths - if a person has a 30 year history of heart disease and is on their deathbed when they get the virus; its another death.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    I've seen a lot of reports that the Navajo nation is badly affected by Covid-19, worse than any other demographic and most states. Ducey will probably have to coordinate any AZ reopening with the BIA, tribal leaders, and govs of the other states where the Navajo nation exists. That will push back any expansion on openings in the timeline.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    I've got a family vacation planned for AZ in late May, but will have to change plans if there are no restaurants and national parks open.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    LW: There are several testing criteria to enable reopening. One of them is the percentage of people testing positive. As the number of tests increases, the percent testing positive should go down.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    If someone dies, that typically means they have had the virus for 21 days. So, a peak in the number of deaths means the disease spread peaked 21 days prior. By the time that deaths peak, the chances of catching the virus have gone way down.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    Here is the dashboard for ArizonaCovid. Keep an eye on the percent testing positive. That has dropped which means the 14 day clock to Phase 1 reopening has begun.

https://www.azdhs.gov/preparedness/epide…
  • Lone_Wolf
    4 years ago
    Ducey is MIA at this critical time. The businesses deserve better.
  • Mate27
    4 years ago
    My opinion is Ducey is waiting to see how other states who are ahead in terms of infected population go about their openings. If in a week or two there are sensible rolling opening of business he will do it, but just gathering more info at this time. FYI: I am indifferent about the governor, but I know he has been business friendly.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    It doesn’t bother me if we open a week or two later than some other states as long as it is well thought out. An added two weeks could allow a lot more testing and preparation by employers. I suspect that some other states that rush to reopen, like Georgia, will bungle their reopening and see a second wave come through.
  • Lone_Wolf
    4 years ago
    Okay Arizona what do you think Ducey
  • Lone_Wolf
    4 years ago
    What do you think Ducey will do on May 1st when the stay at home expires?

With only slght modifications, I think he extends for two weeks.
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    “ let my people go”
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    this is frikin crazy....
  • 501traveler
    4 years ago
    Hope he opens up AZ May 1st. I have to travel there next week for work and it sucks being stuck in a hotel with everything closed down. Even the hotel pool, fitness room and room service were closed at the hotel in S CA this week.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    It takes 2 weeks of declining numbers to start Phase 1. We’re not there yet. Then, at least 2 weeks each for Phase 1,2,3. Bars don’t get back to normal until Phase 4, or whatever that’s called, And, that’s normal bars, not stripper-licks-your-face bars.

We’re looking at July 1 at the very earliest for lap dances. If we had a pool, I’d buy the Aug 1 square.
  • azdd
    4 years ago
    I think mark94 is spot on in his projection.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    So far, Minnesota has 286 deaths attributed to CoVid. Every death was for someone over age 70 and/or living in a long term care facility. People who are under 70, and not in long term care, have a 0% chance of dying from CoVid. At least so far in Minnesota.

If other states see a similar pattern, the pressure will build to open up.
  • Lone_Wolf
    4 years ago
    AZ stats
    Hospitalization - 1,131
    Deaths - 301
    > 65 yo deaths - 233

If someone gets sick enough to go to the hospital they have a 27% of death.

Terrible to quander but how many lives are hospitals really saving.
  • Lone_Wolf
    4 years ago
    Yea, no clubs will be open in AZ for a long long time. Totally disappointed in Ducey. Asshat should be holding daily press conferences facing the heat if he is going to force such a sacrifice
  • bdirect
    4 years ago
    human sacrifice to save arizona
  • 501traveler
    4 years ago
    Well that just fucked up my hopes for a better work week in AZ next week. Need to start looking for a hotel with good resturant options nearby that are doing curbside pick up.
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    these political hypocrites that closed beauty salons and barber shops and yet STILL get their hair and nails done by a professional...
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    OPEN every thing for business TODAY. let US INDIVIDUALLY choose to have FREEDOM or stay isolated.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion