tuscl

In China, Coronavirus Shows Alarming Signs Of Resurgence...

CJKent (Banned)
“The more a person needs to be right, the less certain he is...”
Title says it all.

This is the clip on YouTube:

Published on Apr 14, 2020

China is reporting an alarming spike in new case of COVID-19 – and that has other countries worried about the unpredictability of the coronavirus. TODAY senior international correspondent Keir Simmons reports from London.

Other news today said “2nd round of lockdowns start in China”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A2D5smrXOh…

24 comments

• skibum609
    4 years ago
    Its time for people to understand that this bullshit will only end with loss of freedom and imprisonment by Government or some people dying and the replacement of Governments that tried to use this to control people and take away their rights.
  • RamPaige
    4 years ago
    The new wave are mostly from people coming in from other countries, mostly Chinese nationals returning from Europe and the United States.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Only a true idiot would believe any news coming oiut of China. They knew about this before Thanksgiving and the dirty rats infected the world.
  • RamPaige
    4 years ago
    Nothing brings out the xenophobia like a pandemic.
  • nemesisk7
    4 years ago
    Hows the Unemployment treating you Sky fag ???
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    I doubt it ever went away in China. Their healthcare system isn't worth a damn for most ordinary people. Their control of broadcast and social media, OTOH, is state of the art, which has allowed them to suppress meaningful information leakage.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    My wife is working full-time; I am working part-time with the Court's closed, but I also have 52 weeks of take home pay sitting in my money market emergency fund, so financially we're better off because we cancelled two vacations and no longer go out. Given the number of calls I am fielding and the fact that I have picked up more clients since being closed than I ordinarily do I would love to bitch and whine about how bad things are, but other than the fact that starting in June I will probably have to work 80 hours a week for 4 months to make up for the 15-20 hours a weeks now, things are good and we're having fun. A lot of hiking; cleaned the garage; gettoing the yard in order; using the kettlebells; great sex; smoking some wonderful weed; drinking wine. Today we lift; tomorrow we'll hike and then drive around and get high; Friday we have naked friends coming over. How are you doing Nem? So sorry you got stuck with being you, but someone had to be and you drew the short straw. Xenephobia = a short slogan used by ignorant progressives to cover up the fact they feel more kinship with dirty commies in China than Americans. Scratch a progressive and Mao peeks out.
  • yahtzee74
    4 years ago
    There's nothing xenophobic about knowing that you can not trust an authoritarian government.
  • TFP
    4 years ago
    What?! You mean the same China that for a couple weeks were reporting that they had zero or only 1 new case daily?? Honestly, did anyone believe that shit anyway?

It's only alarming to hear that coming from China because you know they'd hide that info if they could. It's probably already been back on the upswing but now it's at such an alarming rate that even they can't hide it anymore.
  • RandomMember
    4 years ago
    Pandemics come in waves and we'll almost certainly experience the same thing. The Spanish Flu came in three waves with the later waves more deadly than the first.
  • RandomMember
    4 years ago
    @Ski: "....progressives to cover up the fact they feel more kinship with dirty commies in China than Americans..blah, blah.."

===> "Now we're cutting funding for the WHO at a time we need them the most."

I might have agreed with you historically, but right now we need the WHO about as much as I need a pimple on my ass. They were supposed to be our early warning system, but they failed miserably. The more this saga goes on, the more it is becoming apparent that the WHO, at the very least, succumbed to pressure from Beijing to suppress important information and perhaps outright collaborated.

IMHO Trump should hold withhold every dollar until they fire every person at the WHO responsible for this debacle, starting with everyone in top leadership.
  • RandomMember
    4 years ago
    "...and perhaps outright collaborated."

Trump's scapegoating the WHO for his own incompetence. Defunding the WHO is being condemned by just about everyone across the globe and by our own AMA (you know, MDs who actually know what they're talking about).
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    All I know is Kelly Anne Conway has the spin of the year when she said the WHO had 19 chances to get it right and they blew all CoVid 19
    👀
  • RandomMember
    4 years ago
    @Scrub: Pew research found last month that 1/3 of Americans believe the virus was genetically engineered. Are you one of those paranoid right-wing nutcases?
  • RamPaige
    4 years ago
    desertcrub that white hood is a bit tight on your head.
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    Randumb, below is an article with a very precise discussion of exactly what the WHO did and when:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/world-healt…

This at least is what we know so far. At the very least, WHO leadership bent over backwards to pander to the Chinese and ignore what was smacking them in the face, at least until they could ignore it no longer.

Now I'm not going to blame either the WHO, Trump or anyone else for not accurately predicting the behavior of a relatively unknown virus since, unlike you, I'm not an emotional simpleton who needs a bad guy to blame. Nor do I share your need to try to join a herd (like the AMA's PR department) to feel better about my position. The simple reality is that the WHO could have given us a more clarity a bit sooner had it been doing its job rather than sucking Chinese dick for the sake of political comity. For this reason alone I'm in favor of withholding funds until it cleans house.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    ^ it’s not just the Chinese those so called wet markets are all over Asia and in some parts of Africa, and not all wet markets are the same in offerings of wild animals some do but they are a minority.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Fuck the WHO Random. If you actually read something you'd realize they have been praising the fucking Chinese, while they infect us. Its time for the rest of the world to foot the bill themselves. The WHO is just another anal wart from the UN. By thye way Random your post calling people smarter than you stupid serves as an admission whether you like it or not. When I look at a map where Corona is killing Americans, how should I feel that most of them are in Democrat party controll;ed areas? Progressivesare no less American than Pol Pot.
  • Roadworrier
    4 years ago
    @twentyfive, I hope Kellyanne recognizes how much worse this is than the Bowling Green massacre.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    IDK the details about how the W.H.O. f'ed up, but I can see the hesitation of shutting down the 2nd-biggest economy in the world (China) let alone most of the world economy - many countries acted ahead of time despite the W.HO. - the U.S. had the resources to also act independently of the W.HO. - again IDK the details of the W.H.O. fuck-up, but Trump seems to have fucked this up for the U.S. in spite of the W.H.O.
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    @Papi, so you can understand China's hesitation to shut down the 2nd largest economy in the world, but not Trump's hesitation over shutting down an even bigger economy?

You can forgive China for completely burying the truth, yet not forgive Trump for giving his unvarnished opinions and urging calm in the face of completely unobstructed U.S. numbers?

You know Papi, there's a term for that kind of thinking. More than one actually. 😉
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    coronavirus is darwinism in action.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    The U.S. Chamber of Commerce, usually an ally of Republicans, said Trump’s action cut against U.S. interests.
    There seems to be a whole bunch of folks with very different POVs opposing Trump and his position on WHO I’m not convinced either as much as I distrust the Chinese Coms this seems not well thought out to me.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion