tuscl

Internet Explorer vs Firefox

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Friday, June 29, 2007 1:59 PM
I Have been a happy user of Firefox for 2 years. Less spam because less spamers use it. I have just downloaded the latest version and it has a new feature. Spell check. My posts on here and my emails will now be better. It underlines in red, anything thing that it thinks is misspelled. Like FONDL but will still let you post it without correcting. In this post it underlined spamers and FONDL but accepted vs. Love it.

10 comments

• 99Intrepid
    17 years ago
    Dude read my post, one up from yours. I think you are proabably best-versed as to how to handle my little conundrum
  • Clubber
    17 years ago
    I've used Firefox for many years. I estimate about five. So much better to me.
  • evilcyn
    17 years ago
    I use firefox as well.. I just like the way it works better...
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    I'm on a Mac, so Internet Explorer hasn't been an option since Microsoft stopped updating it for Macs a few years ago, which was just as well. I keep two browsers going, Apple's Safari, which I use for most things, and Firefox for a few sites I use heavily that Safari doesn't handle as well. The two programs work very similarly, so it's no problem switching between them, and it's really handy to keep TUSCL and a few other sites always accessible in a tabbed window in Firefox. BTW, as I recall, Firefox first became available in pre-release form about three years ago.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    I used Firefox for years. In the last few months they had an update problem that didn't work with my pc. I stopped using them and returned back to IE. I don't know if they fixed the problem yet but haven't bothered with finding out.
  • Yoda
    17 years ago
    CG: If you are talking about the problem with playing some video content it has been fixed. I would check it out. Firefox is so much less aggravation than IE. I've also heard very good things about a browser called "Opera" but I have not checked it out as of yet.
  • DougS
    17 years ago
    I'm an IE guy, though I DO have two websites that I venture to occassionally, which will not work using IE. For those sites, I use FireFox 2.
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    Firefox, because IE is somehow linked to the secret cabal trying to control us all.
  • DougS
    17 years ago
    Shadowcat: Thanks for the tip about the spell checking capabilities. Even though I am a pretty good speller (IMO), it IS definitely nice to have the spell checking, just in case I suffer from an intermittent dumbass attack, from which I've been known to suffer, occasionally.
  • shadowcat
    17 years ago
    DougS: I will never win a Spelling Bee but most of my misspelled words are typos. Underlining them in red sure helps me to correct them before I hit ET.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion