tuscl

Data Breach

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
I just logged into my Chase credit-card website and got the following message:

"... We want to make you aware of a situation that has occurred possibly related to your personal information. Recently, there was a massive security breach at Fiserv, a major provider of technology services to financial institutions, including CHASE Bank, Citi Bank, US Bank and Bank of America.
Names, Email Addresses, Credit Card details, Social Security Numbers, and Bank Account details might have been exposed. Because of the increased risk of identity theft, we are urging you to check your credit report for any transactions that you did not authorize.
We want to help protect you against this data breach, by offering you access to your credit score for free. This offer is available on Wednesday, April 01, 2020. Please be aware that although your credit score is free, a credit card will be required to validate your identity ..."

17 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Hmm - I don't see anything online w.r.t. this - I wonder if it was legit - perhaps I mis-typed the chase URL - I got that message above, then closed the window, then reopened a new window and did not see the message when I went to the Chase page again.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Better be careful Papi, I haven't seen this, in either my Chase, or BOA accounts,, and I just checked after I read your post
  • Longball300
    4 years ago
    I do not see a message like that on my Chase online accounts; just checked.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Yeah - as soon as it said having to enter my CC info to see a free credit report, I was suspicious and I closed the window - and then reopened it and did not see anything - weird.

I have not received any email from Chase letting me know there's an issue - seems fishy
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Either I mis-typed the URL or somehow I got redirected to a different page - doesn't seem it was legit.
  • gobstopper007
    4 years ago
    Very skeptical. If you are in site for credit card that should confirm your identity for that company
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    ^ yeah - I was thinking that - IDK what happened but seems it was not a Chase message.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    This wasn't an April's fool on my end - that's not my style
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    A about 5 years ago Home Depot got hacked and they got my CC number and managed to use it 3 times. I noticed it right away and went to my credit union. They of course canceled the charges and gave me a new CC number. Ever since then I have checked my account daily on line.

Anybody else notice a decrease in robo calls since the virus got serious. I have noticed about a 90% decrease.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Looking at my browser's history I somehow landed on a page called "YourScore360.com" which seems to be some kinda credit score website - but I have no idea how I got there
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    "... Anybody else notice a decrease in robo calls since the virus got serious. I have noticed about a 90% decrease ..."

Supposedly there are scams going around targeting seniors and people selling Corona testing kits which don't exist
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    My mom has received notices from Medicare telling her to be aware of Corona related scams
  • joker44
    4 years ago
    Same here. No notice on either Chase or BOA sites. Also use HackNotice extension which notifies me if I open a website that has been recently hacked. No notice from them either.
  • SteveSutton
    4 years ago
    Just checked my Chase account which I use for banking and credit cards, and no notices.
  • Dolfan
    4 years ago
    Similar fake notices have been going around for a while. Google Fiserv breach and you'll see a number of examples.

• whodey
    4 years ago
    I work in the fraud division of a different credit card company and we generally get alerts quickly when any bank/credit card company has a data breach and I haven't seen anything about this.
  • lurkingdog
    4 years ago
    Suspect it was just a phishing attempt. Just pick up the phone and call the number on the back of your credit card. Don’t do anything more on line until you check
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion