tuscl

Scam warning - Tinder etc

londonguy
Breathe, breathe in the air
Friday, March 20, 2020 6:32 AM
Don't know how many of you are on Tinder or other similar sites but I recently went on Tinder and someone thought they'd try and scam me, they had no luck with me but for those of you are not aware here are the details. You contact a girl by email (they have a profile pic that displays their email address) and they reply to say they had a bad experience with a guy they met with through Tinder (or whatever) and they then say you seem different but for their peace of mind they ask you to go through a free 'background check' to confirm your history is 'clean' or whatever term they like to use. They suggest it is free even though you enter your card details and tick the zero value trial option but it isn't the case of course. I have to admit the 'girl' I was emailing was pretty convincing but 'her' unwillingness to engage with me or answer questions only added to my suspicions. I looked it up on the net and sure enough there were screenshots that matched what I saw and they get money from you. Needless to say I deleted my trail of emails and blocked the address.

2 comments

• MackTruck
    4 years ago
    Interesting
  • Corvetteoutlaw
    4 years ago
    I’ve seen this recently to. The girl wasn’t anywhere near a 10 and had several pics of her and her kid. So they are trying to make the bots seem somewhat real
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion