tuscl

Any clubs remaining open are risking a tremendous lawsuit.

twentyfive
Living well and enjoying my retirement
Given the litigious nature of the average American, how long before lawsuits start looking to replace lost income, we know that the only real beneficiaries of this will be the attorneys themselves but still, we know it's gonna happen.

12 comments

• wallanon
    5 years ago
    From employees or customers. Club I was at yesterday had a big disclaimer posted at the front door. Businesses have lawyer's, too.
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    I just heard of a club in Kansas that is charging a $150 "traveling fee" (girls who have already worked there have to pay it too however) in light of a lot of the competition closing down. Jeez talk about extortion.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    @wallanon those posted disclaimers are useless as anything, they have them for all kinds of things, and a good lawyer can bust them into kindling.
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    Honestly, I think places that remain open just happen to be in places that haven't forced them to shut down. Lawsuits are less likely to happen just as a function of the political climate of the local areas.

For example, wall stated his club is in Texas--a state ranked 49 out of 51 as far as aggressive measures against the pandemic. Sure, a lot of large cities in Texas have already forced closure--but otherwise it's fair game. And I think it's going to just be more difficult to convince the court system of any wrong doing.

https://wallethub.com/edu/most-aggressiv…
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    LOL
  • mark94
    5 years ago
    My favorite disclaimer is on the back of those huge trucks that haul landscaping rock. “ Not responsible for damage from falling rock”. Bullshit.
  • wallanon
    5 years ago
    "Businesses have lawyer's, too." <- yeah, I quoted my own typo.

Average Joe and Ambulance Chaser vs Clubs that are lawyered up who literally catch charges all the time. Who will win?
  • wallanon
    5 years ago
    Strange. Everything I typed after an "arrow" disappeared. Think it's because I use a "less than" sign. Not gonna retype it.
  • wiffle shwaffle
    5 years ago
    If a customer tries to sue a club because they chose to enter the club knowing this is all going on, I highly doubt any lawsuit would stand. The customer made that decision to attend to that club knowing they could become infected. Entertainers would not be able to sue clubs unless they have a strict schedule to abide by where they are required to show up by the club. Again, they make the choice to show up and work.
    this is all of course assuming the club is promoting a clean and safe environment and showing proof that they are cleaning
    and disinfecting throughout the night.
  • Hank Moody
    5 years ago
    Maybe a few lawsuits happen but there’s a lot of weight against it. A large number of us club on the DL. Few people want their SO or employer to know how we spend our rec time. As Ms. Waffle points out there’s also an assumed risk knowing what everyone knows. Plus you’d have to prove you got it in the club and not walking around the street somewhere. I think the most anyone gets is that they become a meme for Darwinism or stupidity. I’ll leave that to someone else.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    This post was more in jest, than serious, but if the recommendation is to close, staying open is a major risk, and truthfully I bet the clubs are mostly empty, so staying open just burns money, both in dancer fees, and operating expenses.
  • Hank Moody
    5 years ago
    I missed the sarcasm but had only read the most recent posts, which took your OP seriously. And there is word of clubs trying to find ways to make money, either staying open as long as possible or breaking the rules. Also, wouldn’t surprise me that others would try and make a windfall from the virus, by lawsuit or otherwise.

I’d rather laugh at the idea so thanks for that.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion