tuscl

Social Distancing

WILLYSGOTAWOMAN
New Jersey
If you are social distancing how long are you doing it? Right now I'm working from home as is the wife and I miss going out. I'm healthy and in my 40s and kind of not sure why I'm not clubbing right now.

7 comments

• rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ===> "I'm healthy and in my 40s and kind of not sure why I'm not clubbing right now."

Probably because there is no place for you to club right now? ;)
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    "If you are social distancing how long are you doing it?"

In many areas, "how long am I doing it" is not up to you -- more and more areas are shutting down bars, restaurants, etc. My area is an extreme, we have a shelter-in-place order for the next 3 weeks, so my social distancing answer is "at least the next 3 weeks" although I'm guessing it'll end up longer
  • jackslash
    5 years ago
    I may do social distancing for the rest of my life. I'm single and retired, and so I'm not required to see many people in person. Today I went to a little market and bought a week's supply of fruits and vegetables. The rest of the day I've been home reading and playing on the internet. I'm enjoying a quiet life.
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    I think people should be outraged. Were giving up our rights and forcing ouraelves into debt and economic recession over a media sensationalism induced panic.

At this point social distancing isn't much of a choice. It's been made for us.

• twentyfive
    5 years ago
    The way to look at this is quite simple, remember the old schoolboy adage, he who learns to run away, lives to fight another day, so Icee and the rest of you idiots, who are so outraged why bother us, just go and commit suicide now, so we don't need to waste our resources, on those of you that are outside of our society.
  • Electronman
    5 years ago
    Even if you are low risk you might also consider whether you could be putting OTHERs at risk.
    We really need widespread testing.
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    My company closed the office and arranged for us to work from home, which I dislike.

However, so many places have been forced closed there is little choice but begin social distancing.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion