tuscl

Changes coming to Amsterdam's red light district - Female mayor.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Thursday, February 20, 2020 4:45 AM

13 comments

• CC99
    4 years ago
    "Amsterdam’s mayor, Femke Halsema, has vowed to clean up the city’s red light district." Quotes like these bring tears to my eyes 😢
  • nemesisk7
    4 years ago
    Who the fuck are these people ? , I want Girls behind windows on the street for every guy to pick and choose Thats what made Amsterdam famous !!!
  • nemesisk7
    4 years ago
    at least South Korea still has some
  • CC99
    4 years ago
    ^Fuck yeah, a red light district should be an erotic paradise.
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    "Femke Halsema" I don't know how people actually pronounce that name, but the it kinda sounded hot the way my mind worked it out. And I read the article, and also get her perspective on the situation with the gawkers and photo takers fucking the vibe up. It's an interesting concept, but the reason being used to justify the debate over it is another example of the "culture of me" consuming the world.
  • IceyLoco
    4 years ago
    Its to fight human trafficking which is a problem
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    Erotic paradise I agree, and much closer to home than Amsterdam. That and Copenhagen were the inspiration behind Jim and Artie Mitchell. They wanted their MBOT to equal that. SJG Ringo Starr: It Don't Come Easy (Starr, 1971) [view link]
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Human trafficking lol. The climate change of sex. More sloganeering from those with absolutely nothing valid to say.
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    Looks like what this mayor wants is good. Can't have much of a red light district if rowdy drunken tourists are screwing it up. A strip club certainly could not function like that. SJG Satin Doll Oscar Peterson 1963 (instrumental) [view link] Jimmy Smith [view link] Patti Austin (vocal) [view link]
  • Cristobal
    4 years ago
    It was an interesting article, the goal is to improve the experience, the Changes discussed in the article are a way to generate more revenue and revitalize the experience. I had no desire to visit Amersterdam as German FKKs seem more my thing and the Mongering Bucket List is on pause.
  • carlo6
    4 years ago
    Funny, five years ago I went on a group tour in Amsterdam, and at that time the guide said “if you ever wanted to check out the red light district you need to go now, because it’s going to be gone in six years”. So the political pressure has been building for a while. I did go to see it and I can see why the locals might have an issue with it. It’s not a large area and it gets packed with drunken tourists and gawkers every night. Maybe like 2% of the crowd are mongers.
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    Doesn't sound like the sex aspect of it is being changed, as I read it. SJG
  • DeclineToState
    4 years ago
    The one time I was there, which was a long time ago, I found the following things to be notable: -The hottest chicks (9+) were all in windows overlooking the canal in the nicest part of the district -There was a dark alley off the main track that had the fat ugly chicks (there were only a few of those windows and those chicks were beckoning in the passersby, in contract to the hot chicks who just stood there looking hot) -Saw one girl emerging from a closed room with window curtain drawn and onto the street after she had gotten some lesbian action. She put her head down and scurried away quickly upon exiting (didn't see any guys coming out of closed rooms but if I had, I suspect they would have emerged all grinning and high fiving).
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion