tuscl

Sort of OT: Bottle service prices are WAY out of control

Tiburon
Every woman's local ATM while in da club? How else they paying for their Boob jobs?
Monday, February 17, 2020 7:02 AM
I was perusing IG for hotties and came across this image: [view link] That shit is bonkers beyond belief. I went online to see prices for this Don Julio 1942 and in regular stores two bottles can be worth $240-$280 depending on location. That's half the cost of one bottle being bought at the club? What in the name of gravy is so special about bottle service that you upcharge the price by over 4X it's worth? Is it really worth it because it doesn't seem so to me. Or am I missing something here.

10 comments

• wallanon
    4 years ago
    To me it's not worth it, other than to be seen and maybe have a dancer you like hang with you (if you can't get that to happen on your own). The other day I was at a club where I'm a VIP and I overhead some guy asking about a dancer after he'd bought a bottle. It was getting to be shift change, and the top dayshift girls were already gone or getting dressed. Their shift change happens about an hour later than most clubs. I personally thought that was dickish of the management not to tell him that upfront. He seemed alright, so on my way out I mentioned the guy to a couple of the quality girls who were staying. Didn't ask what he paid, since whatever it was I'm sure was too much for him to have to wander the club looking for company.
  • Uprightcitizen
    4 years ago
    In a nightclub its normally about where you get to sit and who the performer is. In a strip club unless they have very special VIP seating it's just a $ burn if it's that overpriced. I have done both but I won't in a stripclub unless the price comes close to the individual drink cost and will be there all night. If I get a bottle in a club these days it's usually a bottle of wine for less than $. Although a did get a bottle of Silver Oak the other day for $125 which is not too far off market price.
  • IceyLoco
    4 years ago
    I'd never do bottle service in a regular club. Its a waste of money. In a strip club there are more incentives.some bottle packages include transportation dances VIP seating and your own host. I think it's worth it.
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    I will throw in with others to buy a cheap bottle of booze. usually boils down to getting a table in a good location for as long as the bottle lasts. Price per serving is not bad when you include the chasers.
  • Subraman
    4 years ago
    I've never bothered to go with bottle service when SCing alone. In fact, many of the advantages of bottle service are disadvantages to me, when I SC alone -- I want a table in a dark corner rather than one front-and-center, for example; and the 10 minute wait for the waitress to show up to take our order, and 15 minute wait for her to come back with it, is an advantage, not a disadvantage. When I SC with buddies, we do sometimes get bottle service. For example, last few times we went on a Saturday night as a group, bottle service: - Cost us around $120-ish per person, for more alcohol than we could drink, and all the backs we could want. If $120 sounds like a lot, note that on Saturday night, with drinks often costing $15+ each, that's just 3 rounds of drinks plus tips with my stripper. - Gets us the best booth in the house, most visible, past which nearly all strippers have to walk, on a busy Saturday night - Seems to get us a LOT of stripper attention, even more so than usual. Especially useful during the sausagefest hours of Friday-Saturday 11pm-3am No brainer... Last time we did it was at Palomino's in Vegas, easy choice, total win
  • Cristobal
    4 years ago
    Ihad fun with bottle service at night clubs with Coffee Girls but usually split it with friends but at a strip club it seems like a total unnecessary expense.
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    I think bottle service is dumb. SJG
  • whodey
    4 years ago
    The markup on bottle service is no worse than the markup on drinks in other places with a captive audience. I took my niece and nephews to Disney a few years ago and a 20 oz soft drink was about 10 times what it would cost at a gas station. When was the last time you bought a beer at an NFL game? Was it more than a beer would cost at your local neighborhood bar? My local Kroger has Bud Light at $12 for a 12 pack of bottles but I doubt any strip club club sells them at $1 each and it is pretty common to see them cost at least 5 times as much at a strip club so marking a bottle of liquor up to 4 times the normal price seems to fit the trend. Now I am not defending the clubs pricing and I would never pay it, but if people are paying it they should keep selling it. The only time I ever bought a bottle at a club was at a club in Kentucky years ago where "buying a bottle of Champaign" was how you got 30 minutes in a private room with your dancer the same way you buy a vip nowadays and it was $100 for the bottle which was about the same price as a 30 minute vip at other clubs at the time. Hell, I still complain when a club charges me $8 for a bourbon and Coke, but I keep paying it so they keep charging it.
  • Tiburon
    4 years ago
    @whodey and that's why the power of pre-gaming is so great. Does it really matter what drink you buy if the girlies see you buying a bunch of dances one way or the other?
  • whodey
    4 years ago
    @tiburon, that's why I usually just buy one while watching the rotation to pick my dance partner for the night. I'd rather spend my money on the girls than at the bar.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion