tuscl

The Joys of Marrying a Foreigner

reverendhornibastard
Depraved Deacon of Degeneracy
Women are notoriously difficult to understand. The problem is only exacerbated when your woman doesn’t speak your language very well or, as in our case, barely speaks it at all.

In the early days of our relationship, the woman who eventually became Mrs. Hornibastard decided to cook some dinner for me. Peering at me from the kitchen doorway she asked, “Do you want mate lofe?”

I was not quite clear what she was offering but it sounded appealing and, since she was wearing a whole lot of not much, I was hopeful that I had heard her correctly.

I asked her several times what she was offering and each time she replied, “Mate lofe.”

I’m always in the mood for mate lofe especially with a hot Asian chick so I readily agreed.

She disappeared back into the kitchen only to emerge about 90 minutes later with some delicious “meat loaf.”

She threatened to feed me some “mutant soup” one night. I finally gave in and agreed to eat her “mutant soup” and was eventually served up some fantastic “mutton soup.”

Not long after the mutant soup episode, she was rifling through my CD collection and asked, “Do you have Rectal?”

I explained that I’d never heard of a band called “Rectal.”

“It’s not a band. It’s the name of a song,” she replied.

“Who is it by?”

“Aerosmith.”

“I think I have all the Aerosmith recordings, but I don’t recall anything named “Rectal.”

“Oh come on! It’s one of their biggest hits!”

My mind raced through the list of Aerosmith hit tunes. Finally I asked, ”Do you mean “Rag Doll?”

“That’s what I’ve been saying! Rectal! What’s wrong with your ears?”

Now, many years later, she still keeps my and our 11-year old twins in stitches. On a recent visit to Fort Worth, as we were driving around looking for a place to eat she suddenly asked, “Why don’t we eat at Cat Lemons?”

The rest of us replied in unison, “Cat Lemons? What kind of restaurant is that?”

Mrs. Hornibastard pointed dead ahead, exasperated that no one in her family could read the enormous billboard ahead of us.

https://tuscl.net/photo.php?id=3935

We still refer to that place as “Cat Lemons.”

11 comments

• Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Welcome back from your hiatus.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I used to enjoy a good Cat Lemons in NYC as well but sadly they have closed the restaurant in the city.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Not dat POS twentyfive AKA fredo25
    Lockn down dat striper n fredo25 haz vinciemikelz!
    Reviews (12)Discussions (401)Comments (19,339)
    Getting close to 20 thousand comments, creeper, amazing not a single one is positive
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Keep going loser you're only exposing yourself, we know exactly what you are, a jealous little twat with not a single friend in the world, sooner or later that cancer that you are, will eat you away and there won't even be a marker that says you ever existed, no one cares even a little bit and after you've passed there won't be a tear shed or a kind word passed,

Sorry Rev didn't mean to derail your brilliant, as always thread
  • jackslash
    5 years ago
    That was funny!
  • elmer
    5 years ago
    Good stuff.
    Now I’m pretty sure I've never spoken these words before but Welcome back Bastard
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    @reverend do you try to speak her language? I wonder what she thinks of your pronunciations...
  • joker44
    5 years ago
    Funny story. Well told, as usual. Good for a laugh break this AM.

Welcome back to posting.
  • reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    @sirlapdancealot,

I speak Indonesian quite well now. It was important for me to learn the language because, when she’s mad at me, Mrs. Hornibastard tends to yell at me in Indonesian. I have to be able to understand what she’s yelling about.

I wouldn’t want to admit to anything prematurely.

But I’ve made a few gaffes along the way. When I was new to Indonesia I went to the store to buy a large (5 gallon) bottle of water. They initially gave me a small one liter bottle of water. I explained that I wanted a LARGE bottle of water. This really cracked up the store clerk.

Eventually I learned that the words corresponding to “large water” translate in Indonesian as “shit.” So I had mistakenly asked for shit in a bottle.
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    @reverend LOL! Thanks for sharing.
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    Reverand is basically praising. Third world women for lacking the cultural knowledge to know that hes a loser. Which is why he can't find an American woman who wants him 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤔😅😅😅🤣
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion