tuscl

Club ratings on TUSCL

I used to use this all the time and I’m very sad that it’s gone. It helped me pick the best clubs to visit. I’m having a hard time lately. I moved and there is nowhere to dance nearby. I drove three and a half hours to a work at a club last week with a lot of reviews and then I turned around and drove back home after my shift.

There’s no way to know if a club is any good with the current rating system. A club could have fewer ratings because its newer but out score the older club with more ratings.

I used to read the top 10 and top 100 lists on here and try to go to those places.

Does anyone else miss this feature?

26 comments

• DenimChicken
    5 years ago
    This has come up a few times. I believe founder's view is that the ratings are so subjective it becomes an echo chamber for the ratings, so it is best to read reviews and go from there.

That said, many still miss it.

Were the ratings truly helpful on the dancer side for picking travel destinations?
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Why not PM a few folks that are near the area where you're curious about I'm sure you'd get a decent response, and it would give you a bit of guidance so as not just to be tossing a dart on the map.
  • PinkSugarDoll
    5 years ago
    I can’t read reviews for every city in the country. I can’t.
  • PinkSugarDoll
    5 years ago
    I’m not looking for an area. I used to read the top clubs and then go there, rather than think a city is a good idea and find out about clubs there.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Then I guess you're stuck with what's available.
  • captainfun
    5 years ago
    Ratings came back a week or so ago. I think they are a bit different from how they used to be but much better than having nothing. Have you checked recently?
  • PinkSugarDoll
    5 years ago
    Yes I have, not useful for my purposes. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Hank Moody
    5 years ago
    The old system wasn’t perfect, but it was a lot better. The potential for a club with one review in the last 12 months to vault a club to the top of the ratings (e.g. Lust in Baltimore by all accounts a dump on the block, is tops with a single review) is unhelpful.
  • doctorevil
    5 years ago
    PSD: I agree. The old system, while not perfect, was helpful. I really liked the “top 40” lists. At any rate, this has been discussed several times and Founder does not seem inclined to bring back the ratings.
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    Jimmy - Conversely a club that was once great could be resting on their laurels from prior years.
  • founder
    5 years ago
    I'm very confused.

The ratings have been back for a week.

• PinkSugarDoll
    5 years ago
    I see—I just checked, last time I looked, they were not. That’s my mistake. I did like the top club lists, I did use that frequently. Thanks everyone and thanks for giving it back to us Founder.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Many of us have commented before that we liked the Top 40 lists.
  • rogertex
    5 years ago
    Rating for clubs is very important especially for travellers.
    At some point it would be great to have a Thumbs-up or Like button for reviews.
    Just spend time on reading the best reviews for a club - versus scrolling through pages and pages.
    Will improve review quality also.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Founder should meet-us-halfway and at least do a top-20 lists

😊
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    That’s sort of founders MO when he knows something is popular he tends to tweak that point I really don’t understand why he does that but it is his ball and bat so I guess he’s the one that gets to pick
  • Hank Moody
    5 years ago
    @founder - yes, thanks for bringing them back. My comment was that the ‘last 12 months’ is susceptible to swings from a couple of reviews. Shadow correctly points out the flip side of using a club’s entire history. I mostly use it when I travel and preferred the old formula.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    Yup, they are back and even worse than before. But hey, I say let's get that Top 40 list back. After all, if we're going to open the ratings up to a troll free-for-all, we might as well give them something to shoot for. 😉
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    The ratings seem to be back and the same as before except they are over a 12-month-period vs a club's history - or am I missing some other differences?
  • PinkSugarDoll
    5 years ago
    Seems that way, I kind of like that because clubs change over time, the rules change, the most popular clubs change, the most visited clubs change, so its a reflection of the times. I like it.
  • wallanon
    5 years ago
    I thought emphasizing reviews in the past year was already a thing before they were taken off the site.
  • founder
    5 years ago
    The review Ratings have always been for 12 months
  • joker44
    5 years ago
    I like rogertex idea for thumbs up button on individual reviews. thumbs down would be appropriate BUT it would be abused by the mean-spirited / trolls to further harass
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Yes - the thumbs-up/down has been mentioned in the past as a way for a reader to be able to zero-in on the better-reviews when researching clubs vs having to read thru multiple crappy-reviews in order to get a good grasp w.r.t. an unknown club.

Founder once posted that he wants a reader to read reviews, but IMO having to read thru multiple crappy-reviews is counterproductive for TUSCL.
  • Hank Moody
    5 years ago
    Thanks for clearing that up founder. I guess I never noticed there were some outliers of rarely reviewed clubs. I like being able to see the stats of how many times a club has been reviewed in the last year. That’s helpful.
  • gSteph
    5 years ago
    ^^ Agreed.
    Looked at the handful of clubs in my area. The stats, though meager, give you reasonable ranking of better / lesser offerings in town.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion