tuscl

That one time you fell sorry for a stripper (or customer)

Even though your not supposed we may have a moment of weakness from time to time. One I had not too long ago was kind of random. It was at Sahara Theater in Anaheim. One dancer came up to me, not bad looking and start chatting. I told I was waiting on this busty girl. And she lets this really beat down sigh “Awww everyone wants her” It just kind of got to me especially the way she said it, like something my little sister would say when she was a kid. It just took the business feel totally out of it, and I just wanted to cheer her up. And I’m usually pretty good with this stuff but just her showing this moment of defeat had me thinking about not during but after the fact. I did end up taking the busty girl to VIP but if I could go back in time I would love to take this girl for a spin. Any of y’all got the balls to admit something?

11 comments

• Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    It doesn't take balls to be decent to people.

https://tuscl.net/discussion.php?id=5974…
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    It has happened to me more than a few times but I'll just mention this one.

One afternoon one of my favorite dancers approached me and was not looking very happy. So I asked why so glum and she told me her story. "I don't feel like being here today but I need the money. 2 days ago 3 guys broke into my apartment, shot my boy friend to death and took all of my money ($1200). The police were still investigating it" Then she asked me if I wanted to do a VIP. I knew her VIPs were great but her story just totally put me out of the mood and I had to turn her down.
  • boomer79
    5 years ago
    I’ve felt sorry for dancers many times. A lot of them have tough things going on and it’s hard for some of them to put themselves out there the way they do. We can and should be nice to them but there are limits to what we can or should be expected to do.
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    Can’t think of any.
  • Uprightcitizen
    5 years ago
    Ummm....no comment
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    "Even though your not supposed we may have a moment of weakness from time to time. "

I definitely don't think it's weakness, and "not supposed to" has important context to it, IMO. I do think it's important that, when dealing with a stripper you don't know very well, you not be stupid. And believing every sad story or that she's developing a crush on you or whatever, is stupid. For me, that isn't so much about not being empathetic -- it's about not be a sucker who gets manipulated by a 22 year old girl in her underwear.

By contrast, once I know a stripper well, I'll empathize with her for sure, and don't look at that as a weakness at all.

All of that said, you falling for the "aww everyone is waiting for her", was probably you being a sucker, so carry on :)
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    ^^^Hey Now! No money was removed from my wallet. All the pathetic was kept within, that has to count for something. It was more of you had to be there kind of thing atleast that’s what I’m going with
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I have said on more than one occasion, that a young girl in her underwear shouldn't intimidate a grown man into doing what he wouldn't normally do, yes some of these girls have hard life stories and it's just human to have some sympathy for them, but guy's more often than not these stories are an attempt to manipulate you into giving her more money and that's really not a good thing.
  • Huntsman
    5 years ago
    When a stripper is trying to sell me a dance, I assume whatever she says is a sales technique, and seeking sympathy can be one of the more effective techniques in that context. Having said that, if I know the gal fairly well and generally like her, I’m a little more open minded to that sales pitch.

As far as being a decent human being, that always applies. But I’m skeptical when my human decency is sought by opening up the wallet.
  • georgmicrodong
    5 years ago
    Um, yeah, I guess I have the balls to admit it.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I def have a "Mr Helper" gene - during the first-half of my professional PL-career (including the post-season), I would often feel bad for dancers that seemed to not be able to make $$$ in the club - I had to come to the realization that there there wasn't anything I could really do to fix their situation and me buying a dance here or there when I really didn't want to wasn't really fixing anything and it was kinda impacting my PL-mojo - so these days I don't internalize dancers' problems in anyway b/c except in a rare situation, I really can't-fix their situation nor in reality is it my place to do so.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion