tuscl

Don’t Buy Your Candy Based on the Wrapper!

reverendhornibastard
Depraved Deacon of Degeneracy
I’ve made a lot of mistakes in my life, but buying candy based on the wrapper is one that I have avoided. Yes, I’ve had canoodled and even had brief relationships with lots of drop dead gorgeous women, and all of my serious relationships and tax-deductible victims were at least reasonably good looking, but I have never (yet) made the mistake of getting sticky on a regular basis with any woman just because she was fabulously pretty.

In fact, of all the women I ever had a shot at gluing to the bedsheets, the one who was easily the most stunningly beautiful never made it past dinner with me. Her name was “Dana” and despite having an angelic face and a demonic figure, I decided before we had even finished our appetizer salads that I couldn’t wait to take her back to her home so I could drop her off and leave her there. For a few months after our first and only date Dana kept calling me and leaving sexually suggestive messages on my recorder (remember those?) but I never returned a single one of her calls.

If I remember correctly, it was my dear old dad who coined the phrase, “don’t buy your candy based upon the wrapper.”

He was right.

The women who got closest to me and who stayed longest were all better people than I am, ever was or will likely ever be.

First of all, beauty is fleeting and, in any case, no matter how unbelievably beautiful a woman is, once you’ve been nailing her for a while, she will eventually become just like any other demanding bitch who will annoy the hell out of you by constantly trying to rehabilitate you into being the kind of man she really wanted instead of what she settled for with you.

This pretty well sums it up for me:
https://tuscl.net/photo.php?id=3443

5 comments

• Electronman
    5 years ago
    This makes me think of a phrase I read in a book (maybe something by Milan Kundera?) that goes something like this:

I wish you could love me like you love your dog, accepting me for who I am, even with all my imperfections, instead of trying to mold me into something that you want me to be.
  • reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    They should make every woman in the world read that book.

I read an observation along similar lines that made the following point:

A man falls in love with a woman and hopes that she never changes, but she does.

A woman falls in love with a man and hopes that he will change but he remains the same.
  • ATACdawg
    5 years ago
    Women are from Venus, men are from Mars.....
  • EndlessSummer
    5 years ago
    There was a long-running play that I always wished I had gone to see, but never did... I bet it was hilarious.
    It was called "I love you, You're perfect, Now change!"

🔆
  • reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    EndlessSummer,

My exes definitely saw that play.

Come to think of it, maybe they WROTE it!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion