tuscl

Using Acorn the App to save for random nights out

JuiceBox69
Fucking on Young N Dumb Chicken Heads
So I'm all into savings and investing. Been going crazy with being super Adult with my life.

Now i have a hard time getting out to the clubs. Well I'm starting to use the app called acorn to build up spare change and once i hit $500 i withdraw it and hit the clubs

Been really nice and easy and makes having a fun unplanned night out enjoyable.

Usually takes me 3 to 4 months to build up $500 so if i forgot about clubbing this is am amazing reminder to get out and enjoy life a little

Hope this helps someone
God bless
Juice

18 comments

• JuiceBox69
    5 years ago
    Really
  • Tiburon
    5 years ago
    you pay a $1/mo for using the app, and you have no choice in where you invest your change. You're better off just using m1 finance. If you're really serious about using Acorns however, I'd suggest topping off your account with at least $100 to offset the fee. Because the fees for accounts under $1K quickly outweigh the growth due to you using only loose change.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Why the hell does anyone need an app like that, I toss my spare change into a 5 gallon water jjug,
  • Tiburon
    5 years ago
    @twentyfive worse comes to worse, it encourages us young bucks yo invest in the stock market more. Of course,acorns still wins. It has around over 3 million users. That's approx. $3M a month its earning. You cant be mad at that guy.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I’m not mad I find it incredibly stupid to pay anyone to hold your money for you, if I deposited money into a company every so often I’d expect them to pay me to leave my cash there
  • Tiburon
    5 years ago
    @before Robinhood forced a change, you paid brokerages to trade your money for you didn't you? This just requires more individual strategy on the customer's end.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Robin Hood Forced a change really, wow I must be older than I thought, first of all I haven’t paid for trades in 20 years but it’s not the same even remotely. You aren’t making any money with 12 cents worth of stocks better to accumulate money until you have a nice nest egg then buy some no load funds preferably ETFs from a reputable brokerage Using an app your just giving away your savings to the app.
  • JuiceBox69
    5 years ago
    Actually acorn holds my money until i hit $250 to $500 then i cash out and give it to a stripper LOL
  • JuiceBox69
    5 years ago
    🤷🤷🤷
  • Tiburon
    5 years ago
    @twentyfive I'm not sure if you are upset, trying to state a fact or what? I never said I was down with it. But it undoes what it intends to do. Get people to invest one way or another. At least for some individuals' beginning stages.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Not upset at all just trying to explain to you guys that it is stupid to pay anything for such a simple thing, if you guys fall for this it's just another con designed to separate suckers from their own money.
    I have mentored a lot of young guys over the years, this strikes me as pure laziness.
  • JuiceBox69
    5 years ago
    To clarify Im using it not to invest but to automate a creative trip to the club lol

Its worth the $1 a month fee
  • JuiceBox69
    5 years ago
    I agree it is laziness but 60 % of Americans don't even have $1,000 in the bank... Look it up real shit

So in lite of this its a brilliant method to get lazy and the financial retarded to begin with a little something.. So its worth the $1 to $3 per month

Now 25 i fully agree if you got your shit together then this app is pointless and their is clearly better ways hell starting with a Roth IRA at least or investing in the index
  • JuiceBox69
    5 years ago
    Again I got my shit together so my real investments are with some real adult professional shit

But us ing it to round up change to get me some random head it's brilliant for the $1 a month

And i also have a change cup in my car that i as well dump into a large jug at the house untill full then use one them coin star machine because fuck rolling and counting that ahit myself lol

I just use my card more than cash.. Im damn near cashless and have damn near everything in my life on autopilot so again the acorn app or stash.. I prefer acorn but its brilliant for my lazy ass
  • JuiceBox69
    5 years ago
    🤷🤷🤷
  • Estafador
    5 years ago
    I dunno man, just spending some time rolling up your own coins is kind of relaxing to me. Plus I save 15% from using coinstar AND reduce the loss from incorrect coin coin counting the machine does
  • JuiceBox69
    5 years ago
    🤗💦💦🤷
  • WinningdaChumpsGame
    5 years ago
    Juice, how many months free is acorn giving you for creating this sponsored content? Does founder get a cut?

WCG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion