tuscl

What Does “Love” Really Mean?

reverendhornibastard
Depraved Deacon of Degeneracy
“Love” means different things to different people. To each person, “love” will have very different meanings as life unfolds.

Until I was about 4 or 5 years old, “love” was the word I used to describe my feelings towards (in no particular order) my parents, the family dog and my grandparents. Nobody else qualified.

When I was about 6 years old I discovered my peepee and immediately loved the pleasure playing with it brought into my life. I’ve been like a kid with a new toy ever since.

Then when I was around 7 years old I added (some) of my younger siblings to the list of people I loved. The others I continued to merely tolerate. Some of my grandparents and the family dog had to be stricken from the list as a result of their deaths.

Then we got another dog. I really loved that dog and she knew it. The dog would become visibly upset if she saw my mom giving me a hug (something my mom purposefully did in the dog’s presence just to piss her off).

Somewhere around age 9 or 10 I began to reconsider my opinion that girls were just a waste of skin. I didn’t yet love any girls during those years but they were beginning to fascinate me for reasons I could not articulate and dared not admit to my buddies for fear of being beat up or worse, ejected and banned from our secret club.

Around age 11 or 12 I started to love girls’ skin ... just their skin. The girl inside the skin was still mostly just a pain in the ass but I loved looking at a girl’s soft, smooth skin, especially those delicious bits you don’t usually get to see.

Around age 13 a slutty girl noticed me staring at her skin and encouraged me to touch it. I quickly realized that I loved touching a girl’s skin. The girl was still a bit annoying but her skin was awesome!

At around 15 years of age I decided that I actually loved some girls. Lots of them were still annoying but I had come to realize that the slutty ones were wonderful human beings. I loved looking at and touching their skin. Looking at and touching their pink parts was a particularly enchanting way to spend an evening. Even better yet, some of these sluts were willing, even eager, to play with my peepee while I played with their moist pink parts!

Surely, THIS was what love was all about!

By the time I was 16 I had to add my 26 year old high school English teacher to the list of people I loved. She hired me to mow her lawn during the summer after my sophomore year in high school. It turned out she wanted a lot more from me than just some yard work. She was my true first love. But she soon broke my naïve 16 year old heart. I eventually found myself hating her coldly calculating, child-molesting guts. She was just a selfish bitch who didn’t really give a rat’s ass about my feelings as long as she got laid. She didn’t love me and I was completely wrong to hold such deep feelings about her.

https://www.tuscl.net/discussion.php?id=…

Then the worst thing happened to me. I grew up to be very similar to my heartless high school English teacher. I never had any involvement with underaged girls, but I have remained forever fixated on women in their 20s and have spent much of my adult life chasing down and canoodling women young enough to be my daughters or even granddaughters. For a long time I thought I loved those gorgeous young women who routinely let me spray paint their cervixes with my splooge. But I did not love them. My feelings for them were not really love any more than what my high school English teacher felt for me was love.

It took Mrs. Hornibastard to teach me what love really means. Love involves a concern for the happiness and well being of others so profound that you will unflinchingly subordinate your own needs and desires to fulfill theirs. When you truly love someone, their happiness becomes your happiness.

I was slow to learn what love really means but I think I’ve finally mastered this lesson.

Better late than never!

17 comments

• jackslash
    5 years ago
    Love means nothing to a tennis player.
  • RandomMember
    5 years ago
    ^^^ good tennis humor.

@Reverend: "... but I have remained forever fixated on women in their 20s "

If you're talking about pure physical attraction, *all* men prefer women in their early 20s. Doesn't matter if the dude is 20 or 90 -- all men find younger women physically attractive. It's baked into our DNA from six million years of human evolution.

OTOH, young women are often boring, self-absorbed, and they're not really formed yet. When it comes to choosing a wife or SO there are many other things (e.g., intelligence, empathy) that count besides physical attraction and the older women are far more interesting. I find it impossible to fall in love these 20-something girls I've been with the past few years. It's just entertainment and meaningless sex and the emotional bond goes to my wife.

BTW, if you'd like a role model for a modern, mature, woman look to Dr Fiona Hill at the recent hearings. She's odd looking but an amazing woman -- extremely intelligent, fiery, and poised.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    sex without love? i love it! especially love the young lovelies...
  • EndlessSummer
    5 years ago
    The only true love I've ever known is for the two little masters of my universe who sprang from my loins... And the unconditional love that I get from and give to my very best girlfriend of 30 years. (Purely platonic for anyone whose mind is wandering right now...) 😏

Beyond that, if I've ever really known love, I didn't know it... For me, sex is easy, love is elusive...

🌞
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Love is a many splendored thing
  • EndlessSummer
    5 years ago
    ^ I'm imagining you crooning to us between sips of your Dos Equis...🎤🍺

🌞
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Macallan, single malt, but yeah babe think Julio Iglesias anthem as a duet with the great Willie Nelson
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rVq0ONrSH-…
  • FishHawk
    5 years ago
    25 I like your taste in Whisky.
  • reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    Twenty five,

“Love is a many splendored thing”

Unless you’re a woman who had the misfortune of falling in love with an incorrigible reprobate like Reverend Hornibastard in which case “love is a many SPLINTERED thing!”

Just ask any of my many exes.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ BTDT (been there done that)
  • CJKent (Banned)
    5 years ago
    “Love is a many splendored thing”

“Until your wife or significant other finds out...”
  • londonguy
    5 years ago
    I don't know but I reckon there's a certain guy from Southern CA that will enlighten us yet again with his words of wisdom.
  • CJKent (Banned)
    5 years ago
    @

To answer your question:

The poets of southern France, around the 1200’s invented “courtly love”, and “love” became an “essential” theme in the relationships between men and women.

“Courtly love” in fact was opposed to marriage and its sacrament.

“True love” only existed in a chaste form and was not linked to marriage.

“In his famous thesis dedicated to the myth of love, Denis de Rougemont (1939) showed that chivalrous love towards a noble lady is mainly symbolic.

This Lady in thoughts represents the spiritual and angelic part of the human being, the true self. In this way, the stories and characters in early novels such as Tristan and Iseult merely reflect man's adventure in the conquest of his own soul.”

This “myth of love” generalized so as to become a requirement that should be fulfilled at all times and has become a big business.

Everyone lives with the nostalgia and buys into the “myth of the perfect love” the wonderful 'happy ever after' love that continually eludes us because we have forgotten that true love and true happiness is primarily found within ourselves.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    that’s good because otherwise I’m so fucked up .
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    @ 25 .... did you see the RACK on that brunette sitting in the audience at about 3-4 seconds into the video?! Now, THAT is some female “Skin”, as they reverend would say, that I could fall in love with!
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^^You got good eyes Nidan111
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    I actually do know true love. My children are the obvious. All 4 of them, even though one is now an angel looking down. My current wife who is 20 years younger than I, truly understands me, does not need me for anything other than companionship and to be a good father. She is intelligent, funny, exciting, and financially stable all by herself. I love that woman. The love I have for all of these I speak of is infinite. I would put my life on the line to protect them with my last breath! Love truly is a mighty splendid thing.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion