tuscl

Retiring from Retirement

reverendhornibastard
Depraved Deacon of Degeneracy
As of today, I am retiring from retirement.

I’ve been retired for a year plus a couple of weeks. I gave retirement a fair try.

But now I am sick and tired of retirement.

It has been a struggle not to rush out and buy myself a brand new, chrome encrusted Harley Davidson Fatboy with Screaming Eagle pipes. But I’m daddy to a couple of 10 year olds and it would be epically bad form for daddy to fall off his Harley Davidson on a Houston freeway and cut his whole body off.

I’m also sick and tired of Mrs. Hornibastard asking me to help her vacuum our humongous house. When I do magnanimously agree to help her vacuum the house she always ends up telling me I didn’t do it right.

It’s not my fault! I was out sick the day they covered vacuuming in law school.

I met with my financial advisors last week and discovered that I don’t need to work another day for the rest of my life if I don’t want to. But I truly detest retirement.

I can always take a break after I’m dead!

So in a little while, I will once again put on my attorney costume, make the long arduous drive on Houston’s traffic-choked freeways and take a seat in an office on the 65th floor of one of those hermetically sealed monstrosities in downtown Houston.

Happy mongering to one and all!

If I don’t see you again before the holidays, please remember to keep the XXX in X-Mas!

https://www.tuscl.net/photo.php?id=3036

18 comments

• Jascoi
    5 years ago
    I should cut my retirement short and go get a good job because I need the money. I found out I cannot Monger 24/7. my past financial foolishness cut that short.
  • Cashman1234
    5 years ago
    I’m getting ready to retire in a few years. I’m not looking forward to it. But, I’m thinking there’s an adjustment time to become comfortable and find a way to get through each day.
  • reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    Cash man,

“ I’m getting ready to retire in a few years. I’m not looking forward to it.”

I understand how you feel. But give retirement a chance. Lots of people love it. If it doesn’t grow on you, you can always return to work later.
  • Mate27
    5 years ago
    I w heard that once you’re retired you never get a day off. Seems you got burned out on the reality of it.
  • Electronman
    5 years ago
    Sounds like you need a cause! How about some pro bono work to legalize prostitution?
  • loper
    5 years ago
    I first retired when I was 26, then again when I was 35, etc. At this point I figure I've retired often enough I won't do it again until I'm in the ground.
  • elmer
    5 years ago
    Going from meaningful and rewarding work to mowing the lawn 4 days a week and washing the car daily isn't as much fun as you'd think.

But it does allow time for that strip club thing
  • FishHawk
    5 years ago
    My retirement has been a success because I have involved myself in a couple of hobbies (not counting SCing) that allow me to work with others and serve others. It is good to spend time with other like minded people and to keep ones mind challenged.
  • jackslash
    5 years ago
    I love retirement. I do whatever I want all day every day. Today I've exercised for an hour, read a novel, planned a trip to Africa, and wasted time on the internet.
  • gawker
    5 years ago
    Why on earth are you going back to lawyering? And I hope you’re not doing so on a full time basis. I first retired at age 57. I then consulted 100 days per year for about 10 years. I then spent 3 years taking care of my sick wife. After 70 I wonder how I fit all that work into my busy schedule. I saw my endocrinologist yesterday, my urologist tomorrow, having an MRI on Friday, and my urologist on Monday
    Another factor which I expect you’re taking into consideration is that you’ll be about 103 when the twins graduate from college. So instead of enjoying grandkids, you’ve got a chance to pamper & spoil your own children. My offspring went and got lots of academic degrees and then HAD to start their careers, then they had my grandkids. So it’s more difficult seeings how I’m old enough to be their great grandparent.
    Finally, retirement is a wonderful opportunity to have either a mistress, a sugar baby, or a fuck buddy. I’ve tried all 3 and rediscovered the pleasure of a nooner, the worry of an STD, and the relief when she says, “ well I’m pregnant but it’s not yours.”
    But it sounds as if you’ve already decided to return to the land of $85. neckties and squabbles over minutiae. At least have some fun and leave a Writ of Dumas Penis under the door of one of the partners.
  • bullzeye
    5 years ago
    Gotta admit, you got me. I thought you were talking about a retirement from clubbing. Lol. Enjoy your un-retirement
  • Uprightcitizen
    5 years ago
    I am a couple years away. Financially ready but holding out for my excellent medical coverage. I already know I am not gonna look back on full time employment when I pull the ripcord.

Personal hobbies and my bucket list require attendance. Please refer to this cartoon as to my perspective on the matter....

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/bb/54/1b/…
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Retirement isn't for everybody especially if you still have your health and ability to do the job well
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    You don't ever want to retire:

https://www.amazon.com/Three-Boxes-Life-…

You want to blend Education, Work, and Play, together. That is how I live, and that is how it will be in my organization.

SJG

• georgmicrodong
    5 years ago
    Kinda hoping I never *have* to retire. I really like doing what I do for a living, so I don't really need a "break" from it. It might sound kinda cheezy, but it really doesn't seem like work most days.
  • reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    Hawker,

“ Why on earth are you going back to lawyering?”

Because, despite my valiant efforts, I was unable to land a position as a “Strip Club Extras Trainer & Quality Control Expert.”
  • captainfun
    5 years ago
    I don't envision being bored in retirement however it seems that some are.

Maybe something less than full time, Rev? Maybe let the hiring team know that you specialize in negotiating over long lunches and cocktail inspired evening events. You'll have to pull your weight but less than full time will also create a path to post work SC buffoonery.
  • minnow
    5 years ago
    Hard to give up the time away from the old lady, isn't it, rhb.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion