tuscl

All in favor of two-way blocking comment here

gammanu95
My casual drinking is your alcohol poisoning.
Just leave a quick comment if you would like to encourage Founder to bring back 2-way blocking.

7 comments

• Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    I'm in favor of bringing it back for the reasons stated in your parallel thread in the Front Room.

Regarding "censorship". When I walk into a bar or any public place, I get to control who I'm going to talk to or be around. Two-way block is essentially that... having control over who gets to interact with you in a gathering place.

If you find yourself unable to see or participate in a large number of TUSCL threads due to site rules, then the problem isn't "censorship" or two-way block.

The problem, most likely, is that you're a dick.
  • PaulDrake
    5 years ago
    Two way block would be great but the real problem is a few people on TUSCL that are disruptive. Founder is never going to ban them so the solution might be to go somewhere else where there is light moderation:

https://www.reddit.com/r/stripclubs/
  • wiffle shwaffle
    5 years ago
    I would really love for people I have blocked to not be able to see what I'm saying. Honestly, I don't even want to comment in the Front Room anymore just because SJG has the ability to still see what I'm commenting. It's all just absolutely annoying at this point. I now see why he has made people stop posting in the past. I'm still not going to stop but I might stop in the Front Room. 🙄
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    Light moderation is the best answer. All these other things -- splitting into a zillion forums, 2 way censorship and then not 2-way censorship, etc., -- are all poor ways to try to accomplish what light moderation would do.

All of that said, as I stated in the thread in the front room, right now I probably wouldn't use it -- it's only when Nicole and Icey literally took over or took off track every thread that I found it was useful. Even the never-ending stream of CJKent shitposts, meh, whatever... although the best policy would be, a temp ban for posting politics in the front room
  • gammanu95
    5 years ago
    Check me out, I'm a community organizer, lol. Guess that means I can run for President.
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    💩💩💩💩💩
  • georgmicrodong
    5 years ago
    @Call.Me.Ishmael: "When I walk into a bar or any public place, I get to control who I'm going to talk to or be around. Two-way block is essentially that... having control over who gets to interact with you in a gathering place."

Your argument does not support a two way block. In that bar, you don't get to put up a wall around your table to keep others away. They can still inject themselves into your conversation if they want.

You have basically two choices, petition the owner/manager to throw them out, or leave yourself.

I myself have kind of moved my opinion from the strict "yes, keep them out of my threads" line I would have spouted (and did spout) back then to more of an "ignore works" position.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion