tuscl

EXPECTATIONS

trojangreg
Florida
Thursday, May 10, 2007 6:45 AM
What are your expectations when you go strip clubbing? Are they different when going to a club you haven't visited before? I generally have low expectations when I go clubbing. I treat it as an adventure. I only expect cold beer,fair prices, good service and pretty women naked. Most clubs that I attend on a regular basis fill the bill. Sometimes these things don't happen lousy service by a waitress not such a hot night for dancers etc. However on other nights magic happens the club is full of people having a great time the dancers are spending time with everyone and making money which makes them happy.The lap dances are above and beyond what is normal (not your usual Atlanta air dance) and extras are available. This is what makes the adventure. When I am out of town and haven't been to a club in the city I am visiting I use TUSCL to point me in the right direction. My expectations are the same but having TUSCL helps get you to the out of town clubs where magic can happen.

11 comments

• chandler
    17 years ago
    I try to keep my expectations realistic and also very broad. I don't rely on finding a particular girl or type of girl or a specific type of action. Too many times, I've found a new club to be quite different from the picture I had formed from reviews. Not that the reviews are necessarily inaccurate - I just experience it differently. I might like it less than the reviewers or more, or I might enjoy the table dances from young strippers instead of the VIP with older extras girls that the reviews had raved about. Even when I go to longtime favorite clubs, I've learned to keep my preconceptions in check. There have been so many nights when the faves I was hoping to see were busy or gone, yet I wound up having more fun than I could have anticipated with a girl I'd never seen before. I wouldn't really say I have low expectations, unless that means taking what I read with a grain of salt, and not expecting the same good times to be repeated every time I return. I admit to that, but I consider my attitude basically optimistic. Unless the club simply has nothing to offer, I believe I'm likely to find something to enjoy if I remain open to it. To me, low expectations suggest a passive attitude which is self-fulfilling.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    I used to have two distinct tyes of club visits: visiting a regular club and a regular girl who I had talked to previously and was therefore expecting me, or going to a club where I wasn't known. In the former case my expectations were always high and usually fulfilled. In the latter case I learned over the years that it's more likely to have fun if I have no expectations at all. Greg, your expectations sound pretty high to me - cold beer, fair prices, good service, pretty women. I'd say most clubs have at most 2 of those. But the one that puzzles me is good service, which I've seen mentioned before as being important to people. To me that's probably the least important thing I can think of at a strip club. In fact I prefer bad service, it saves me money.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    The one expectation of Greg's that I'd say is asking a lot is pretty women. The best I can do at most clubs is settle for friendly women who help me overlook the short supply of truly pretty ones.
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    I don't know if I have "expectations" as much as "hopes" or "intentions." I can have the "intention" to get a lot of lappers from hot women; or to find extras service from a desirable-enough woman; or to find extras service but only from a super-hot women or go home unsatisfied; or to spend very little and just look around in order to assess the decor and the harem in order to share a little info with my fellow TUSCL dudes; or to get in tight with a particular dancer or two who will be working that night; or ... All depends on what I'm after for that particular night, what my "intentions" will be. From there, I have "hopes" that I might fulfill those intentions; but I don't think "expectations" follow at all. It's always a crap-shoot, no matter how "sure" any given hunt might seem before I get in the car. Well, enough with quibbling over semantics. Now to answer the gist of the question: My biggest "expectation" is that the girls be attractive to me or I'll be free to depart having spent little to no money. I find high cover-charges for clubs I haven't visited, or for clubs that are consistently negatively reviewed here at TUSCL (in terms of dancer quality), to be the biggest preventative to more clubbing. I want to see attractive women. Period end of story. That counts as an "expectation." I know that some men find girls attractive who are more zaftig than I prefer, but even then, I "expect" that the harem will include women whom SOME rather significant portion of the typical North American male populace might find attractive. Also, I "expect" clean drinks glasses, a staff that is at least decently attentive, accurate change for my money whenever I buy anything, and music that isn't so loud that I have to leave, and nobody vomiting on me, and a lot of other things that I would also "expect" at a regular dance club or a local tavern type bar in any American city. And I "expect" not to get beaten up, pick-pocketed, extorted by means of threat of physical violence, etc. These "expectations" are the same as for any business establishment north of the Rio Grande, basically. Were I to visit Pat Pong or Manila or Angeles City, I suspect my "expectations" might change. I'd probably be more on guard for certain scams and hustles, and less annoyed if some one of the above expectations went wrong. But it still amazes me, that so many unattractive women are stripping at places that charge me money to look at them. That single "expectation" is perhaps the biggest issue confronting strip clubs where I have been for quite a while now.
  • trojangreg
    17 years ago
    chandler - Your right maybe a few pretty women would have been more accurate. It does seem as Book Guy has pointed out that the standards in some places have fallen over the past few years. However sometimes we can find diamonds in the rough and that is always a good thing. My last trip to Las Vegas at Crazy Horse II the quality of dancers had gone way down where at Spearmint Rhino they were just as beautiful and plentiful as ever. FONDL - If we are going to spend our money anywhere we should expect good service. If the waitress doesn't clean the table before I sit down or spends her time hanging out with the dancers and not servicing the customer I leave her station or the club altogether. It is because people have allowed them to do so in the past that they get away with it. If she is swamped and is doing the best she can no problem. There is a club in Atlanta where you can't get service from the dancers or the waitresses. Tiffanys it is like pulling teeth to get a lap dance or a drink. They sometimes do have beautiful women but all your going to see of them is their stage dance. A good place to just sit at the bar if your thirsty and watch. A very inexpensive place. You couldn't spend $100 there if you gave it away.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    I usually just want to have a little bit of fun without getting harassed too much or injured due to some wild manuevers by dancers. My little bit of fun could be just watching pretty dancers while drinking a beer or simply getting a lap dance. I suddenly had a flash of my night at shadowcat's favorite club. I'm wondering if he's seen a dancer there who when stage tipping, could grab your belt in her teeth and take it off. I should have rated the club 1 point higher just for her since I was impressed by that. I give a plus or minus for each positive or negative I see or experience in a club when rating a club. I give a big negative if I leave a club upset or angry. I don't go visiting strip clubs expecting to get upset or angry so I feel obligated to rate a club poorly if I leave upset or angry.
  • shadowcat
    17 years ago
    casualguy, Sorry I haven't seen that one. Do I have expectations? Only at my favorite club and then only with my favorite dancers. If they make my favorites list it is because they have consistantly been good to me. I am always ready to try new dancers. Some are good and some are disappointing. At other clubs I do not have expectations. I have hope and that is all.
  • Yoda
    17 years ago
    My expectation is to try and find one or two pretty, friendly and intelligent ladies that I can chat with for a bit and buy a few dances from. I don't really look for a large quantity of dancers as I'm not much of a "stage" guy. I know what I like and I generally don't settle for something less. It's not uncommon for me to spend an hour or two in a new club without spending more than a few bucks on drinks. If I find that one special lady I consider it a successful visit.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    Greg, I agree with you that if you're spending money you have a right to expect good service. The point I was making is that it isn't a high priority for me in a strip club. If they have attractive friendly dancers and reasonable prices, I don't much care what the service is like. But if the dancers are terrible, the service can be wonderful and I'm still not staying very long. I'm like Yoda, I always hope to find a girl whose company I enjoy for whatever reason - looks, friendly manner, sense of humor etc. But do I go with an expectation of that? Never.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    Shadowcat, I didn't see the same dancer take off anyone else's belt. Just mine. I was wondering if I was getting unique treatment. I've had other dancers at different clubs take off my belt or insist I take it off not liking my belt buckle. That was usually for a lap dance not during a stage tip. I'm probably not the first though. She did a repeat performance when I tipped her another dollar. I guess that impressed me but I don't really want too many dancers taking my belt off. I don't know, maybe they are bad girls and want a spanking. Just joking.
  • apesht45
    17 years ago
    I expect nothing other than to go out and have a fun evening. I like for things to happen as they may. When out in public I treat others as I would like them to treat me. Theefore, I do expect to be treated respectfully by club staff. I expect my drinks to be properly mixed. And I expect to have a good time. I do not like people who interfere with that. This includes obnoxious patrons, scamming or theiving dancers, goons or off duty cops for bouncers, ect.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion