tuscl

Dallas Tornado

crazyjoe
Colorado
Monday, October 21, 2019 5:08 AM
[view link] I just woke up and saw this... Fortunarely they are saying there are no fatalities. Hopefully no tuscl people are affected. It started just north of Love Field and went through Richardson and Garland and left over 100,000 homes without power. I feel for everyone in those areas because I survived an EF 3 tornado that was almost an EF 4. This is not fun stuff to go through and takes a while to get back to normal. I heard about some storm jumpernroofers already going through the area. If you see them, kick them in the balls and only hire local reputable contractors

8 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Wow - I lived in Richardson when I lived in Dallas in the 2000s - luckily I never experienced a tornado but I often had my fingers crossed bc they seemed common in Oklahoma and Dallas being in North Texas is not that far from Oklahoma - closest I came to experiencing one was one that hit Ft Worth in the 2000s about 30-miles west of Dallas
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    Around 2000 I watched and photographed a water spout form and touch down over Pensacola Bay. We were on a barrier island with no place to go if it headed our way but we were lucky.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ are you talking about the team that lost to the Jets last week?
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I'm a Cowboys fan but I'm not confident they can do big things - they looked good on Sunday night but I'm thinking Philly had a lot to do with the Cowboys looking good
  • crazyjoe
    5 years ago
    Tornadoes are very strange storm patterns. They can take out one house and all the surrounding houses have very little damage. They seem to skip around randomly.
  • crazyjoe
    5 years ago
    I was home when that tornado hit and I will never forget that sound. Power was out for 5 days. The national guard was there within a couple hours and had the place locked down. Wish I had gotten a pic of them with their AKs in their Humvees patrolling for looters
  • PaulDrake
    5 years ago
    Yeah I lost a pretty large section of roofing on one of my buildings. Should be a pretty cheap fix.
  • jackslash
    5 years ago
    Q. Why are tornados like strippers? A. They both end up in trailer parks.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion