tuscl

2nd Detroit strip club under investigation after accusations of soliciting prost

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
After shutting down the Penthouse, they're coming after Tycoons. Things are getting out of hand.

https://www.wxyz.com/news/2nd-detroit-st…

22 comments

• AnonymousJim
    5 years ago
    Tycoon's? Was never on my radar.

Just don't let the "movement" get near the airport. I feel like anything in the city is basically done.
  • AnonymousJim
    5 years ago
    I just did the legwork and read some of Tycoon's reviews.

Sounds like no big loss.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Seems the powers to be don't want strip clubs to be part of Detroit going forward
  • AnonymousJim
    5 years ago
    Of all the things to go after ...

... on a side note, that means the real criminals will have more money for drugs and hits.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Detroit is a progressive city and as such they want the citizens on welgfare, not working.
  • JamesSD
    5 years ago
    Are these clubs in Detroit proper or the surrounding cities?
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ proper
  • wiffle shwaffle
    5 years ago
    A friend of mine from Legends told me Coliseum is closing next month. She is the only person I've heard this from and didn't tell me her source, other than their dj of several years moved to Trumpps.

Unless Wayne County decides to take action, the precious suburban clubs will forever be okay, so quit whining over them. The City Council is attacking the Detroit proper clubs. They were all warned and they all received the same notices - comply or shut down.

Also, there is a class action lawsuit in the works for Bouzouki. I *hate* that place and they did me wrong, so I intend to sign up.

But srsly, quit whining over the suburban clubs. You all know they're going to be just fine. Is a club in question in the City of Detroit? Look at the list. Is it listed under Detroit? No? Okay then.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ A number of years ago the city of Fort Lauderdale, went after all of the bars and restaurants, including the beach bars that made Spring Break a destination, to sanitize the beach and successfully pushed all of the fun out of Fort Lauderdale, at the time there were a bunch of strip clubs, now there isn't a single stripclub or non family type establishment within a dozen miles of the beach, that started Spring Break USA and was the site of all of those Frankie Avalon and Annette Funicello movies, so if I was in Detroit and looking at what was going on, I'd start coming to the conclusions that the real estate people are driving this situation in Detroit.
    in case you are curious look up Micheal Peters companies on google, and read up on how the City of Fort Lauderdale got into bed with the developers and using taxpayers money enriched a bunch of wealthy real estate investors.
  • wiffle shwaffle
    5 years ago
    I got confirmation last night from my former agent in Detroit that Coliseum is indeed closing next month. I didn't ask for any specifics or a reason why - only that it's closing indefinitely.
  • PrimetimeSchein
    5 years ago
    I wonder if the king of the strip will open up other clubs in the Wayne county suburbs.
  • jackslash
    5 years ago
    Shutting down successful businesses is not going to help Detroit's economy.
  • wiffle shwaffle
    5 years ago
    He no longer owns it. I don't know since when, but he hasn't in a minute. It's closing under the new ownership.
  • Uprightcitizen
    5 years ago
    He lives in Florida now and I have heard he may have ownership interest in club(s) down there. I imagine at his age he is at least semi retired.
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    “Shutting down successful businesses is not going to help Detroit's economy.”
    I left Detroit back in 1990. They certainly did not have an economy other than a shit hole of a drug and gang market. Did I miss the economy boom for Detroit over the last 3 decades?
  • NinaBambina
    5 years ago
    Uprightcitizen - Alan has had his hand in the entertainment real estate market in FL for decades now. He flew my mom down there in the late 80s or so when he'd just helped opened a club down there.

Nidan - In the 90s, Oakland County (which starts directly north of Detroit at 8 Mile Road), was definitely one of the wealthiest counties in the nation. So, there's that.

Waffle - Thanks for the juicy info. ❤
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    There were definitely wealthy areas surrounding Detroit, but as I drove past 8 mile into Detroit, it most certainly was not the case in the city. Grosse Point,West Bloomfield, Novi and some others. But Detroit and Flint..., ouch.
  • Electronman
    5 years ago
    If the marijuana legalization experiment works OK, then it might be time to legalize and regulate prostitution.

We need a Martin Luther King-quality orator to advocate for this: "I have a dream that in America, the land of the free, that one day in the not too distant future that sex between consenting adults will be legal, safe and acceptable, even when the consent involves the exchange of money, gifts, dinner, pledges of undying love and wedding vows."
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    I agree with VH that the democratic party fucked up the area around detroit.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Democrats fuck up everything they control.
  • Prim0
    5 years ago
    To be honest @skibum609, so do the Republicans. They both want to control the populace, just in different ways.

I would love it someone stepped out of the crowd and was able to get people to live and let live. Your religion says people shouldn't have premarital sex, blowjobs are sins, etc....fine....don't YOU do it. But leave others to do as their hearts dictate. A guy paying a girl $20 for a quick blowjob is on his and hear souls, not yours. Keep your nose out of it.

Your view on women's equality is that a woman shouldn't be subservient to her man while in a marriage and shouldn't have to give him a blowjob ever!...fine....when you get married, don't give him blowjobs. But don't tell other women that they aren't allowed to give blowjobs to their husbands or anyone else who's willing to compensate her financially.

If everyone would just keep their noses in their own damned business we'd have a free country.
  • NinaBambina
    5 years ago
    "It's definitely not like that now --- you drive through so-called "affluent" areas like Novi and West Bloomfield Twp and you'll see tons of "For Sale" signs in yards"

Well, it's been a seller's market the last couple years so good for them I guess, but are you really trying to suggest West Bloomfield is not an area with lots of money? LOL. Its annual household income is substantially higher than the national average. Oakland County entirely has a higher median income than the rest of the US so I don't understand why these outsiders act like there are no monetary prospects in the metro Detroit area. I've lived in this area for many years of both my childhood and adulthood. Not to mention Washtenaw is one county over and also has a high median income than the rest of the country, with business cities like U of M's home Ann Arbor. The Grosse Pointes are all in Wayne County btw.

If you look at a map of the tri-county area that had a key based on race, you would see that the area is actually quite segregated. This has gotten better over the decades, but generally, the south of 8 Mile is much darker than the north in the tri county area. There's a lot of history on that, too, but whatever.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion