tuscl

The Difference Between Western and Asian Cultures

reverendhornibastard
Depraved Deacon of Degeneracy
Thursday, October 10, 2019 6:44 AM
I often went deep sea fishing on weekends when I lived in Africa. The fishing was usually pretty good. We caught a lot of dorados (also called mahi-mahi). They are fun to catch and wrestle into the boat. They can get pretty big and they are good fighters. [view link] No matter how big the fish, I and each of my buddies always insisted on hauling it in by ourselves. No one else was allowed to help. For the average North American, European or Australian guy it’s just more fun that way. Then a Chinese company joined our joint venture. So it wasn’t long before we invited them to go deep sea fishing with us. When it was their turn, they naturally deferred to their most senior representative. He landed a good size dorado. But instead of letting him reel it in alone, all of his subordinates immediately crowded around him to help him reel in the big bad fish and to hold him down so he didn’t get yanked out of the boat! It was hysterical to watch these little Chinese men all giddy as they struggled as a team to haul in their catch. I guess that’s the way they fish in China.

6 comments

• DeclineToState
    5 years ago
    Ever played golf behind a group of Japanese? It’s awful. All 4 go together to where one guy’s ball lies, the guy takes a bunch of practice swings, hits it, then they all travel together to next guy’s ball and repeat the process.
  • Estafador
    5 years ago
    So can a single chinese person be considered 1/5th of a man?
  • herbtcat
    5 years ago
    So if you took a young, nubile Asian woman out for dinner, and her 4 young, nubile female Asian friends join you, will they all help out in pulling your fish "into the boat" when dinner is over? Please say yes! Please say yes! Please say yes! Please say yes! Please say yes! Please say yes! (Asking for a friend. :p)
  • reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    Herbtcat, The kind of wonderful shit that can happen to a western guy who lives in some Asian countries (especially Indonesia, Philippines and Thailand) especially if you learn to speak the local language is so outrageous that I am reluctant to catalog them here out of concern for being labeled a liar! You have no idea.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    In my opinion Asian culture is almost always fatalistic, and this it its weakness. SJG
  • TrollWarnBot
    5 years ago
    WARNING - The following accounts are considered to be forum trolls and may not be trustworthy: san_jose_guy - Commonly referred to as SJG this forum member may have some sort of mental illness and is usually mocked or ignored. SJG has a long history of posting incendiary comments including being pro-rape. His comments should NOT be taken in any way as legitimate.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion