Detroit in 1920s compared to Detroit in 2010s

JuiceBox69
Fucking on Young N Dumb Chicken Heads
What economy is worse ?

How was the club scene ?

6 comments

• JuiceBox69
    5 years ago
    Think im talking more of the depression years from 11929to 1933so maybe it wasnt the 1920s

Been learning a lot about Henry Ford and how Detroit was booming before and after the depression

Was shocked how bad it was in Detroit during the depression

It made a nice rebound

You guy's think Detroit will bounce back ?

I've watched some vloggers about Detroit showing some promise in certain sections of town
  • JuiceBox69
    5 years ago
    And i might be talking more of the great recession years in the 2000s

Basicly im trying to compare Detroit in the great depression with the great recession in Detroit
  • Htxx
    5 years ago
    I couldn’t say, my family didn’t get here until the 1940’s
  • ww
    5 years ago
    Detroit's downtown is a complete turnaround and a massive upgrade today. There was time where the neighborhoods of Detroit were thriving but downtown was a wreck. Now it's the opposite.
  • Uprightcitizen
    5 years ago
    VH troll you clearly dont have a clue.

In my entire life I have never seem such a resurgence in the city as what's going on now. Its truly amazing and I am kicking myself for not buying rock bottom real estate. Midtown has made a huge resurgence and the is construction everywhere you look. But just like any city stray into the hood areas and the result won't be much different.

Detroit was a vibrant industrial city until the decline starting in the 60's. While I don't know the historical comparison to the 20's but it was on par with other major cities. FYI the depression did not technically occur until 1929.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Detroit has been hit bad in the economic upheavals of the last decades.

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion