tuscl

Review: El Copeo (TJ, Zona Central)

Cristobal
I give in to sin because you have to make this life livable
Friday, September 20, 2019 9:16 PM
Maybe during a mongering visit to TJ you want to get outside the Zona Norte for some civilian entertainment or perhaps you want to take a BG out to enjoy some TJ night life. El Copeo located about 10 minutes by taxi from the Zona Norte is a fun spot to spend the evening for eating, drinking, music, and dancing. There is no cover charge but there is a light pat down and ID check. The room is spacious but gets crowded quickly (even on weekdays). The menu includes finger foods: wings, cheese sticks, fries (what I like to call sports bar food), all types of beer and mixed drinks. The prices are pretty good: on my last visit we ordered one serving of wings, one serving of fries and breaded fried fish, and one bucket of ten beers for a total of U$18. The staff is very efficient, courteous, and helpful. The entertainment consists of local bands covering popular Spanish songs occasionally mixing it up with covering some English songs (usually 80/90s rock), the audience gets into it by singing along very loudly with a few people dancing. Once done, the audience enjoys DJ music of popular spanish dance music and quickly the dance floor is crowded with patrons getting their groove on. I have visited a few times and I have enjoyed every visit, a good place for a different type of fun while in TJ.

22 comments

• LALover1465
    5 years ago
    Thanks for the info! Is it safe out there?
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    @lalovet1465 I feel safe in TJ but I am always on alert and aware of my surroundings. We usually take a taxi to El Copeo (though we walked there the last time) and walk back to my hotel and I feel relatively safe.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Do the hosts and waiters speak English ?
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    @warrior15 Good question. Yes, the staff and hosts speak English. They accept Pesos and US dollars. There is a barthroom attendant. I did not notice any front room make out sessions.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    it is owned by the same hk family.
  • maskedhero04
    5 years ago
    Thanks for the report. I was looking to try to take a girl out somewhere nice (and safe). Great prices was well.
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    On my next visit I plan to visit Las Pulgas night club.
  • devl_dawgg
    5 years ago
    I'm interested in how the Las Pulgas visit goes. I'm heading to Tijuana in a couple of months and plan on staying next door at Hotel Ticuan.
  • rh48hr
    5 years ago
    Once again - good looking out. Your information makes things so much better for all mongers headed for tj.
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    @devl_dawg I have been to Las Pulgas once but I was so drunk I do not remember except the mesero taking me to the restroom...lol
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    @rh48hr No problem, I pass out what I learn and experience for the greater Monger good. There have plenty of Mongers who have provided plenty of helpful information when I started this Journey, @tahoecruz @oldgringo @tfp
  • Phandy
    5 years ago
    Thanks Cristobal for this suggestion. CFBG and I went out to La Cayetana for dinner which was excellent. Spent 60 for 4 mixed drinks, a steak for me and chicken for her. Went to El Copeo after. Mixed set of music with a live band at around 10 pm that played some well done covers of GNR and other US songs along with many songs in Spanish. Spent a total of $10 for a bucket of 10 beers here. Great time.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    ^^^^Damn that sounds awesome! Next visit I might try out something like this if I get friendly enough with one of the girls.
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    @tfp Ask SJG for tips to get her out of the zona
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    @phandy Glad to hear you had a good time, it is a fun place to take BGs. Next time I am going to Las Pulgas which is about a block away from El Copeo. I hear Las Pulgas is a cool place for dancing, I have been there once but I was so drunk I do not remember a thing about the club
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    LMFAO! I'm sure SJG can draw on his extensive knowledge of getting bar girls out of the Zona and enlighten us all.
  • Phandy
    5 years ago
    I will give Las Pulgas a go next week after we go to the beach on Thursday and report back.
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    @phandy Another place we had a lot of fun was Latinos Bar (I wrote a review on this discussion board). It is different but everyone has a great time.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    This is all so advanced for my level of mongering.
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    @jascoi You are being modest, you belong in the Mount Rushmore of Mongers.
  • l00ber
    5 years ago
    Latinos, Hawaii, and several more drag/gay clubs can find on or near plaza saint Cecilia. Most young latinas love going to these places because they feel safer in the more diverse settings. Maybe they let their guard down since guys are not constantly groping them. There is also something timeless and relatable about music featuring shitty men and awful relationships. I have brought many a bar girls to these clubs, sometimes more than one at a time. They always have a great time. I would caution newbies against walking alone at night to and from the HK block to plaza saint Cecilia. There can be done sketchy folks along the way.
  • Bavarian
    5 years ago
    How can it be so cheap? Something like that would be at least $70 in a sports bar in the US.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion