tuscl

Loss of appetite after good sex

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Thursday, September 19, 2019 9:27 PM
For the last 3 weeks I have taken my CF out for lunch after our afternoon delight but have been unable to finish even the smallest of lunches. I wondered about the cause and today I started searching the internet for possible answers and came up with this. Dr. Michael Roizen, MD | Internal Medicine | Cleveland Clinic - Clevelan... Internal Medicine Sex and hunger are regulated through the brain chemical NPY, which decreases metabolism and increases appetite. Some have observed that having healthy sex could help you control your food intake (by satisfying one appetite center, you seem to satisfy the other). So having safe, healthy, monogamous sex could help you lay off the double-cheeseburgers. Anybody else experience this?

10 comments

• Jascoi
    5 years ago
    my problem is I still like the double cheeseburgers.
  • MontanaMarty
    5 years ago
    That’s me all the time
  • JohnSmith69
    5 years ago
    Having sex makes me want pizza. But that could be the weed.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Not really. I'm still pretty much hungry AND horny all the time.
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    I think the “monogamous” part is why I can still eat.
  • prevert
    5 years ago
    I guess the brain chemical NPY knows the difference between monogamous sex and other kinds. That seems like a contortion designed to avoid say that the “who” doesn’t matter, just the what.
  • CC99
    5 years ago
    I don't know about hungry, but sex almost always makes me thirsty. Maybe all that jacking off is why I don't have much of an appetite.
  • Cashman1234
    5 years ago
    Just give it a little more time - and maybe your appetite will return. I don’t have a problem eating - regardless of what I did before a meal. Maybe you simply aren’t feeling well - and it has decreased your appetite overall (not just after sex).
  • joatmon
    5 years ago
    > So having safe, healthy, monogamous sex could help you lay off the double-cheeseburgers. Why does it have to be monogamous ?
  • georgmicrodong
    5 years ago
    Doesn't seem to have been that way for me. My wife and I used to raid the kitchen as soon as we could walk again. :)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion