tuscl

Dance Price Changes

SirLapdancealot
Knight of the Round Table Dance
Friday, August 23, 2019 5:05 AM
So after a hiatus from seeing my backup CF and seeing her again a couple of times she upped her rate on me. She used to be cool with $25 per dance but after the first revisit she said she got busted for lowballing below the $40 club rate and so she was going to $30 with me. Since most of the time I pay her $60 for two anyway I didn't mind. I don't think she expects any tip from me anyway. Plus she's very high mileage, and she dick teases me by stick shifting OTP and sitting on my lap and grinding on me at a table for 15 -20 min before dances. And she never wants drinks or anything. She's worth it in my book. Just curious if y'all have regular strippers that have increased rates on you and by how much and how often. My ATF DS has been fine with $25 per dance for three years now which is a discount to her usual $30. I don't think she plans on changing it for the foreseeable future. Yet another reason she's ATF DS.

29 comments

• GoVikings
    5 years ago
    No, I haven’t had this happen The vast majority of places I’ve been the prices are set in stone and the dancers can’t charge whatever they want
  • Estafador
    5 years ago
    Not exactly regular but I've had women try the BS on me. I hate unnecessary ARGUMENTS so I went to the source and asked her manager (which was a frumpy yet not fat female lol). I told the dancer what her manager said and still argued she could get dances with her price. I let her go without argument because I respect her hustle, but just wont let her hustle me. She hovered in the club all night with maybe two patrons and regular pole dance shifts.
  • DeclineToState
    5 years ago
    Lucky you. I’ve never paid below club rate for dances, and it’s the mileage at club price that makes the girl worth it for me. You’re getting both - discount and good mileage. Considering you’ve been paying girl #1 $60 with tip for the two $25 dances, I suspect she was targeting $70 for the 2 dances post-price increase.
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    @GoVikings sticking with the club rate is supposedly a rule at most Portland clubs but I have learned that being a regular allows me some negotiation privilege. Also it seems some dancers like to charge even higher than the club rate too. At my ATF DS club she said the club expects all dances to be a minimum of $30 but they can charge higher if they want. At my backup CF club the club rate is $40 and that is supposedly non-negotiable. I have also negotiated lower rates than the club's at other places as well. My backup CF had a conversation about rates as I was leaving the other day and we agreed that the increased local "standard" at $40 per dance was driving the demand down which, in turn, drives strippers to negotiate under the table to get more business and with regulars that expect the same low rates.
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    @DeclineToState I am lucky but I also invested time in finding my faves and I have the "massage advantage" which my faves ♥️LOVE ♥️ from me. Also to clarify the other day I gave my backup CF $65 for two and explicitly asked her if we were all good and she said was fine with a straight $30 ea. Where she had issue was with the earlier visit where I gave her $80 for three...me thinking I was giving her a $5 tip for $25 ea...and her thinking I was shorting her $10 for $30 ea. In the end I end up paying her the same for two but an extra $10 for three. Again, still well worth it.
  • gawker
    5 years ago
    Never have had any variance on club set prices for lap dances, but I have for VIP. There I pay a set price for the house but the dancer’s money can go from zero to whatever. I’ve had several instances where favorites will come to me and say, “I need to get out of the stage rotation. Take me to the Champagne Room, pay the house fee and the rest is on me”. Occasionally the “rest” did get on her.
  • Dolfan
    5 years ago
    I've never tried to negotiate lower than club rate dances, nor have I paid dancers above club rates. I've had more than a few throw in a freebee here and there, but that's different I guess. For VIP/Room type stuff or OTC, only once has a girl raised her rates and it was a good time to let her go anyway so we stopped. All other times they've gone down over time, sometimes pretty considerably.
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    My backup CF has also come down on VIP cost for me. At her club it's $250 for 30 min and she was good with $175. @Dolfan given that I have so many options out here in Portland I will NEVER pay above club rates. I've been in the dance room several times with a new hottie only to leave without getting dances because they've stated they charge $50 ea. I tell them "Thanks, but no thanks. That's out of my budget." Then I immediately go get dances with someone else at a lower rate intentionally so they see it.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    As others, the clubs I visit have a club price that both dancers and custies adhere to with IME rare exceptions. Perhaps in clubs with very high dance prices ($40+) there may be a bit more negotiating but I don't have any experience with these type clubs. My understanding is that Mons Venus in Tampa dances are b/w $20 & $30 and it's posted as such on a sign - seems the M.O. there is roughly tge dancers/custies negotiating 1-for-$30, 2-for-$50, 3-for-$60, although not every dancer may do this nor is every custy aware. Bare Elegance LA dances are $51 but reviews state often times you can ask the dancer for a 2-for-1 and get it.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    w.r.t. VIP - the clubs I hit have a room-fee of $100 on avg which goes to the club and AFAIK the dancer does not get any of that - one then negotiates 1-on-1 for her services and pays her directly. These clubs' VIP are basically exclusively used for extras - I've read reviews of clubs in other areas where VIP is just to get better dances and extras are not allowed and many of these it seems one pays the club both for the room and for the dancer and she gets a cut of that.
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    I think the only clubs I’ve been to where dance prices were negotiable was Diamond Dolls in Miami and Follies in Atlanta. And it was the VIP at both places that was negotiable—not the regular dances
  • gSteph
    5 years ago
    $50 freaking dollars for a dance ?!!? 2 of my kids live in Portland; I understand costs of living and all. But wow.... Sure lucky I stumbled upon this game in the ol' home town where $20 dances rein, and a 5 dollar tip gets a big thank you and another hug.
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    @gSteph I share PMs with a few locals and we collectively agree the dance prices here are getting ridiculous. And so do some of the strippers I talk to. Luckily there are still strippers and clubs that won't go to the $40 "standard". I'm biased but I don't think it helps overall business. From my observation a lot of clubs don't have a high rate of private dances and it has to do with the high cost.
  • Liwet
    5 years ago
    How do they enforce the prices? How does management find out a girl is charging less than $40 per song?
  • herbtcat
    5 years ago
    This issue (generally) does not exist at clubs that have electronic meters at each lap dance or VIP booth. The dancer must use a key token to enable the machine that ID's her in the system, then she loads cash onto a slot that counts funds. Once the machine has registered the minimum needed to start a dance (or a VIP session) a green light turns on and the display shows a countdown of remaining time. When the display reaches zero, the light turns from red to green. Now the reason I say "generally" is that these meters do not prevent a dancer from "requiring" a tip per song in advance. I don't see it very often, other than in specific negotiations for extras. I rarely tip for one or two lap dances anyway, as I usually only get one off laps as a test drive for a VIP.
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    @Liwet I don't know. My backup CF said other strippers will report her to club management but ultimately I doubt there's a way to truly know.
  • PaulDrake
    5 years ago
    Portland doesn't sound like a great place for customers.
  • blahblahblah23
    5 years ago
    How much does an average stripper appear to make in Portland? It seems good with the $40 dances
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    Oooh. Not yet SLD I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before that get everywhere though. Not excited
  • boomer79
    5 years ago
    Dances are cheap ($10 table side in Atlanta) so no negotiation there. VIP on the other hand definitely has some wiggle room. In some cases the variation can be quite high.
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    @PaulDrake Portland is a good city for customers in terms of variety of clubs, dancer quality, and options. Pricing for dances is just on the high side at some of them, but it is no different than the major cities up and down the West Coast. The $25 dance is still available here too...if you know where to look... @Muddy in part I still blame Johnny Diablo with his RIP OFF CLUBS, Casa Diablo and the Black Cauldron, for raising the dance rates and then other clubs following suit over time. It's why I won't support or ever go to his clubs and why I discourage others from going to them. There are still better options out here. Not all clubs are at that rate (but yes there's a trend). And I don't think the trend started here. The Bay Area has had dance prices that high for many years prior to Portland. And I'm pretty sure I've paid that much in a few other cities. In general I've found the South and Southwest (Phoenix and Albuquerque) as the best for dance prices.
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    Sld—> “@Liwet I don't know. My backup CF said other strippers will report her to club management but ultimately I doubt there's a way to truly know.” I really doubt she is bullshitting. In my personal experience... Austin has gotten chock full of inflation too. Except there it’s not single dances but the cabanas. Clubs get flooded with new customers (especially of the cali kind)—great. Then follows the flooding of dancers—not so great. As a result, club politics gets amped up and some dancers and staff members (who get to enjoy the ego trip of having more power over dancers) band together so that prices—that are in theory set-your-own—are in reality not at all. These spikes are great for the favored girls who can get it the most frequently. This class of dancers are the biggest beneficiaries of this kind of thing. The rest have to fight harder for their money and avoid pissing off the favored class. Now idk enough about Portland to know for sure if the scenario is the same as Austin. But considering the economic and demographic changes in the past few years have been similar, I wouldn’t be surprised.
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    In your particular case as a regular, all I can think of is trying to see if she bounces around at other clubs in town. Or work something out with her personally so that she is always being given money discreetly and other girls can’t see it and snitch. And that you will NOT tattle on her. Nor get dances from any other girl in that club.
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    @nicespice I'm confident she's honest with me and never doubted that. I'm just saying that, even if other strippers are reporting her and management is coming down on her, there's still no way of truly knowing how much she's charging for dances. It can't be proven. When I'm paying her I'm handing it over in a dark room and the bills are folded. Only she and I know how much money is there. But yes, to your point, there are favored classes in this business. My backup CF is known to be reliable and punctual as a stripper and she's hot so she does well and attracts customers. Management loves her for this. She's only a lone wolf in that she knows that by raising rates on her regulars, she runs the risk of losing them. Which is absolutely true with me. I have options here. She knows this. And she knows there are other strippers at the same club that will cut deals for my business. To me the raising of dance rates is banking on not losing the existing customer base. There's an assumption that a club and dancers can make even more money by it. I think it is a flawed model. Especially in this town where competition is high. I have several clubs in mind that I've never been to, but from other PLs I know have low dance rates and high mileage strippers, and I'm just waiting for a reason, like high rates at my current clubs, to go to them. They will get the business where the more expensive clubs will lose business. Or so I hope...
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    "In your particular case as a regular, all I can think of is trying to see if she bounces around at other clubs in town. Or work something out with her personally so that she is always being given money discreetly and other girls can’t see it and snitch. And that you will NOT tattle on her. Nor get dances from any other girl in that club." ^ @nicespice it's still all good with us. She's still giving me a deal at $30 ea and I'm fine with it. I was paying her that rate anyway for two dances and she flat out told me she doesn't expect any more. In the end I just pay a little more than I used to if I want three or more dances. And I don't ever do my faves dirty. As long as we have an agreement on rates and what I expect for my business, I don't mess with it. I'm an easy customer and a reliable one. If a stripper works with me she's going to have a consistent source of business from me for a long time. I won't mess with a good thing.
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    ^ and yes I'm completely loyal at the same club. I don't get dances with other strippers at the same club if I'm getting a "regular's rate".
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    —> “I'm just saying that, even if other strippers are reporting her and management is coming down on her, there's still no way of truly knowing how much she's charging for dances. It can't be proven. “ These things get revealed because men (in *general*—not talking about you) don’t have a sense of discretion. And some go out of their way to gleefully bring it up to the next girl to try to negotiate and pressure her to do the same. Things do end up getting—if not outright proven, then at least revealed.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ the main point is discretion is the better part of valor! Don’t kiss and tell
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    @nicespice it's poor form to use other stripper's rates on others. (It's poor form to share anything about another stripper.) If I get quoted something outside of my pay range I just tell them sorry that's over the house rate and I don't ever pay over the house rate. I make them my offer and if they don't take it I expect both of us to just move on. A stripper's dance "worth" is highly subjective and varies by customer. I know with my faves I get rates lower than others but that is an exception and with newly met strippers I don't ever expect them to match their rates. Same thing goes with the amount of mileage allowed. It varies.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion