tuscl

UNC professor, girls' softball coach among 14 arrested in prostitution raid

rh48hr
Wakanda
Here's the link (there's a video with it)

https://www.wsoctv.com/amp/news/north-ca…

Here's the story
BURLINGTON, N.C. - A North Carolina university professor and a coach for a girls' softball team are among 14 people arrested for soliciting for prostitution.

The Alamance County Sheriff's Office tells local news sources that one of the men arrested on Wednesday was Jason Fine, a professor in the department of biostatics at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Also arrested was Jesse Carty, a coach for a girls' fast-pitch travel softball team in Reidsville.

The sheriff's office says in a news release that "Operation Summer Special" targeted individuals who were potential customers who wanted to pay for sex. The charges filed against the men are misdemeanors, and it wasn't known if Fine, Carty or the other 12 men had attorneys.

12 comments

• rickdugan
    5 years ago
    Another vast multi-agency waste of local, state and federal resources, all to net 14 guys on misdemeanor solicitation charges.
  • anthony6613
    5 years ago
    What a waste of money. Surprised the weren’t called human sex traffickers.
  • rh48hr
    5 years ago
    In the video, they said no one arrested was involved in human trafficking.
  • AnonymousJim
    5 years ago
    In this day and age, we should almost be happy they were using prostitute services and not harassing/banging their students/players.

I bet these guys were model faculty. They probably still are. You can like sex and still be a good person.
  • jackslash
    5 years ago
    These men's lives will be ruined. Their terrible crime was being willing to pay for sex. When will our country grow up?
  • rh48hr
    5 years ago
    Reason No. 69 why prostitution should be legal.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Ridiculous
  • JAprufrock
    5 years ago
    This shit pisses me off so much. There's probably some fucking district attorney up for re-election who's thumping his useless chest, bragging about how he's cleaning up the streets of ... lonely guys who want to pay for consensual sex with adults.
    Oh, the humanity!
    Shit like this is part of the reason why I monger in Mexico and Canada.
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    The question is how would you plead to the charges? Guilty, nolo or not guilty. Everybody speaks out in private and anonymously but how many would do it in public in front of a court.

I'm old, retired and have no one to answer to. I think I would like to have the guts to stand up and say not guilty because the government does not have the right to dictate my morals. But I think this has already been tried and failed. But still....?
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ prostitution is illegal thus they have one by the balls if they have proof like via a sting
  • AnonymousJim
    5 years ago
    @shadow: It would be cool to have someone say, "Not guilty. Show me all the proof you want. In fact, I'll tell you. I did it. I paid her $300 for sex. But you know what? I feel no guilt about it. I'll pay your stupid fine. Heck, I'll serve the time if you want me to. And I will probably go out and do it again because I don't think there's anything wrong with it."

They'd say that's not how guilt/non-guilt works in the court, but it would be nice to see someone take a stand.
  • Bavarian
    5 years ago
    Is that video even related to the story? Does not look like it. Different locations.

It must be pretty embarrassing to get caught up in a prostitution sting since the media likes to shame mongers and make an example out of them.

P4P is probably as common as people smoking weed. You just have to be smart about it.

Don’t solicit street hookers or ads and you’ll be fine. Safest is to pull from a strip club.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion