tuscl

Nothing Really Fascinates Me

reverendhornibastard
Depraved Deacon of Degeneracy
Saturday, July 13, 2019 12:23 AM
I can’t think of anything more fascinating than nothing. So I’ve been thinking about nothing a lot lately. If you think the contemplation of nothing is just an empty headed waste of time, you’re dead wrong. Nothing is one of the hardest concepts to master. Some of the greatest minds in history have spent many years trying to understand nothing and have come away with less. I am not saying that mine is one of the finest minds in history. It ain’t. Maybe this is why nothing has me so bumfuzzled. Just trying to imagine nothing is deeply challenging. Nothing means no matter and no energy. But nothing is more than simply the absence of matter and energy. Nothing means there is also no space and no time. Try imagining a spaceless, timeless realm devoid of all matter and energy. Get the picture? But not only is there an absence of matter, energy, time and space, there cannot even be the potential for anything. After all, THAT would be something! Nothing means no beginning, no end and nothing in between. Just absolute zero! Total nada! Limitless zilch! We’re told that god created the multiverse out of nothing. That’s fucking incredible! But if true, this means absolute nothing was precisely the state of affairs until, after an eternity of divine procrastination, god finally decided to get off his omnipotent ass and create everything out of nothing! So if everything was made of nothing, then: Nothing is fundamental! Nothing is the ultimate default scenario! Nothing is what I really like to see an attractive young woman wearing! [view link] Nothing is eternal! Nothing will help you understand god! Nothing is sacred! This is all very humbling. If the multiverse was created out of nothing, and since we are all tiny pieces of the multiverse, then we are all made of nothing! There is, however, a deadly serious flaw with the theory of nothing. Nothing has never actually been detected or observed. Never. Not directly or indirectly. Worse yet, if there were truly nothing, then there could certainly not be an observer to detect it, to measure it and to report on its existence and details. Consequently, nothing must necessarily remain forever totally undetectable. But what is the difference between something that is necessarily and forever totally undetectable and nothing at all? The answer is clearly “nothing!” It seems the old cliché is right: “Nothing is impossible!” [view link]

5 comments

• elmer
    5 years ago
    I got nothing
  • reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    Suggs, That’s great! Most people can’t get nothing straight in their heads. Congratulations!
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    As Sgt Schultz said, " I know Nothing " .
  • doctorevil
    5 years ago
    Nothing fascinates me more than watching a lovely lady gyrating on a stage, except for that same lovely lady gyrating on me.
  • REVRAJ
    5 years ago
    Strangely "Nothing" leads to Everything and vice versa
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion